The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP tank

AlphaCrucis
AlphaCrucis
✭✭✭
The other night i was playing in Scourge (PS4 NA) i was with a small group of 5 (not as a group) and we came across a DK tank, his name was something like Amer1can....

The 5 of us could not kill him, we couldn't even get him below 50% health. (The highest player was CP~300, he is 531)

I thought this was awesome, i even stopped fighting and just watched as we failed to kill this guy. In the end it took like 8 people to take him down.

Anyway, last night i re-rolled my magDK dps into a tank (tried) but had no where near as much luck. 2 people took me out is a matter of seconds (both 531 CP). I did manage to find a 1v1 and i stayed alive for a few minutes against him (Templar ~300CP), i did stuff up my skill rotation a few times and ran out of recourses.

My build is:

Altmer
112CP, 64 points in health
all heavy armor (green), all enchants health
Warlock jewellery
S&B
Resto staff
5 Song of Lamae, 4 Hist Bark
All skills are defensive
I use blue food to buff health and magika

I just want to know how this guy done this and why can't i?

Is it because I'm not CP 531?
I need more practice?
Wrong build?
Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
Brenton, Templar, Healer
Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
PS4, NA Server
Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • Most_Awesome
    Most_Awesome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear and CP that guy probably has as much CP as you just in 1 tree

Get your CP to at least 160, and get your self some purple gear. You will still get rekt by good players but you will see a huge difference.

Just youtube search Templar pvp healer builds (mainly malubeth dungeon set, s&b Hvy set ups)

Find a rock or tree then when more than 4 people rock up to kill you run around said rock until a group comes along and wipes you, and then you become a PvP Elite 1vXer ;)
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gear and CP that guy probably has as much CP as you just in 1 tree

Get your CP to at least 160, and get your self some purple gear. You will still get rekt by good players but you will see a huge difference.

Just youtube search Templar pvp healer builds (mainly malubeth dungeon set, s&b Hvy set ups)

Find a rock or tree then when more than 4 people rock up to kill you run around said rock until a group comes along and wipes you, and then you become a PvP Elite 1vXer ;)

Also block ;)
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    Check my videos on youtube.
    I Guess you will like it.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was awesome, i even stopped fighting and just watched as we failed to kill this guy. In the end it took like 8 people to take him down

That's hilarious :) I do the same thing when I come across some of those immortal builds...thankfully they normally don't have a large damage output...it's funny watching 5 or 6 people chasing one player around a resource tower though...

part of the strategy is to keep trying to cc them or snare them in a spot and make them use up their stamina resources to break free, the hope being that eventually you can keep them in one spot and then every one can drop the house on them...

if they have a high amount of health recovery and a large magicka pool - it can be pretty tough to take some of those builds down, get two of them together and you need about 10 people...

favorite campaign - ps4/na/scourge...lots and lots of 531's (I'm a lowly cp350 myself)... no need to ever go "hunting" for action...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 14, 2016 12:33AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 5 of us could not kill him, we couldn't even get him below 50% health

I was in IC with a buddy during the IC event - we came across two 531's dueling...after a couple of minutes one of them won...just watching them fight it was easy to tell they both knew what they were doing...

before I could even get it out of my mouth and tell my buddy to leave that player alone he was werewolfing out and attacking (he's around cp450)...I joined in - after a couple of minutes I noticed we were barely touching his health bar...told my buddy we were about to lose 50% of our stones - it had to be funny for that player to watch two beastly werewolf's running away like scared puppies :#
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Sheuib
    Sheuib
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing that is important in PVP is crit resist or a reliable means of escape. Maybe even both. You cannot build for PVP with just all defensive abilities either. You will never kill anything unless you are relying on the rest of your group to kill. You also need a good amount of regen or some other useful way of restoring resources.
    Options
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    Sheuib wrote: »
    One thing that is important in PVP is crit resist or a reliable means of escape. Maybe even both. You cannot build for PVP with just all defensive abilities either. You will never kill anything unless you are relying on the rest of your group to kill. You also need a good amount of regen or some other useful way of restoring resources.

This will just be a muck around build, just for a laugh, some fun. I'm not to fussed about killing people, i just want to experience the feeling of not being able to be killed in just a few hits.
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to have a fun tank build for a stamina DK, get 5 black Rose, 5 favallas and 2 bloodspawn/ malu/ engine guardian. Put either health regen on it or stamina regen and go harness people with lots of DoT. Bash him for a total of 83% defile and you'll even kill a guy.

I currently run 5 favallas, 5 fury and 2 endurance (or 2 engine guardian instead of endurance). It's good fun.
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well you need stamina, magica, decent health, good magica recovery, run the right buffs and traits and learn how to manage stamina.
    Options
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    Problem with your build is you get no-one down. How much magicka do you have? 8k? 10k? Spell dmg? 1,5k? All skills defensive. There might be ppl who find it fun not to go down. But if you don't have a guild group in your back you are of limited use. What I see is ppl standing there and not going down until so many ppl come that they finally go down...and don't get reward. Everyone can outheal your dmg.

The only way I can imagine to get someone down is to use something like Fasalla's guile + major defile + minor defile. This as health regen tank together with Orgnum Scales is a good way for beginners. You don't need to take much care for heals and can concentrate on combat and resource management.

Just for curiosity, why green armor?? You get blue enhancers and gear for nothing even in the smallest guild store. Upgrading a weapon to purple costs 1k gold. Purple weapon and blue gear is minimum to have fun in pvp imho.

If you have low CP go Azura. Someone at CP cap is far superior to you. In Azura you have to sacrifice some health for regen though.
    Options