The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Help my healer!!

Kholty22
Kholty22
✭✭✭
I'm currently cp260 and I'm a Breton Templar for starters. I typically heal pretty well in normal dungeons but I have been struggling in vet.

Current skills
Bar 1: puncturing sweep, purifying light, blazing spear, BOL, and Radiant oppression.
Bar 2: healing spring , rapid regen, repentance, BOL, purifying ritual.
Current gear- All light except heavy boots
Primary: Dual torags
Secondary: resto torags
Head: healers
Chest: healers
Shoulders: healers
Pants: worm
Hands: worm
Belt: adroitness
Boots: torags
Amulet: adroitness
2xring healers
Gear is 150 and epic, with the exception of weapons. They are 160 and epic. Didn't wanna go too crazy and this setup not be what is optimal.

Current magicka is around 29-30k and health is 19-20 off the top of my head.
My regen for magicka is somewhere around 1500-1600. Crit is somewhere around 43%.
Boon is the max magicka one.

Exact numbers not sure
CP: Mage- thaumaturge, precise strikes, blessed, elfborn
Thief: arcanist, tumbling, magician
Warrior: resistant, light armor, quick recovery

Guess I'm looking for some suggestions. Guess I'm not sure if it's me not being able to do my job or if it's the tank/ dpsers. For instance on IC tower our group got to the first boss and for the first few minutes everything is smooth. Not too many ads. Then....I'm getting hit from every which direction and all of my HOT's cannot keep up therefore I'm having to spam BOL myself and bam I die then it's a fast paced mutilation of my group. Thanks in advance.
Edited by Kholty22 on September 13, 2016 3:47PM
  • Kholty22
    Kholty22
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot my ultimates bar 1 solar disturbance and 2 is remembrance
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your skill setup is similar to what I run as a magicka templar for heals. If you're referring to vICP the first boss does have a harvester that spawns and if the RNG doesn't like you, it can hurt. I wouldn't judge your healing skills on that fight alone.

Far as gear goes, I would suggest going divine for your trait and getting thief mundus stone so your critical is boosted. I use SPC, Torug, Kena and Willpower. The gear isn't crucial as long as you have magicka enchantments and it sounds like your recovery is on par.

The only real suggestions I have for are, if you're comfortable enough, don't double slot BoL and use your light armor morph (Harness Magicka). I would also find a spot for channeled focus as well. Those will give you a huge survivability boost and also help maintain magicka recovery. I would also not worry about healing springs too much as a templar. You can put channeled focus in there instead. With ritual and rapid regen, and being a templar with BoL it's much overrated.
    Edited by itsfatbass on September 15, 2016 1:52AM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Kholty22
    Kholty22
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the input. I kind of changed a few things already and it's already seeming to help. I didn't have channeled focus at the time but I just got it to lvl so I could morph it. I also took BOL off my heal bar cause I find my self on dps bar more often when I need to burst heal someone. So all I do is switch back rebuff and go back to dps.
  • Kholty22
    Kholty22
    ✭✭✭
    The gear isn't crucial as long as you have magicka enchantments and it sounds like your recovery is on par..

So on this note^.
    Is health not a priority? I mean I'm not geared horribly and I have all stats in to magicka but wouldn't even hit 20k health if I didn't use health enchantments. I read somewhere 20k+ is where you want to be.

• itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kholty22 wrote: »
    The gear isn't crucial as long as you have magicka enchantments and it sounds like your recovery is on par..

So on this note^.
    Is health not a priority? I mean I'm not geared horribly and I have all stats in to magicka but wouldn't even hit 20k health if I didn't use health enchantments. I read somewhere 20k+ is where you want to be.

Yes you want to keep your health at 20k. I have all magicka enchantments but my JEWELERY is all healthy. It also helps to have all passives unlocked including Undaunted Mettle (I notice you don't have a medium armor item on, I would recommend 1 medium to give you this passive if you have them purchased).

I also run Inner Light on both my healer bars ALMOST exclusively (if there are high dps stamina repentance takes it's place on bar 2, but even then some stamina can survive on Blazing Spear alone, I usually always ask if it's a player I have not grouped with before). It boosts critical rating a lot for those critical ritual/regen/BoL/remembrance heals. That also gives magicka a boost to help replace the healthy rings I run so I can break 20k health and also have 38k magicka.
    Edited by itsfatbass on September 15, 2016 9:21PM
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kholty22 wrote: »
    Thanks for the input. I kind of changed a few things already and it's already seeming to help. I didn't have channeled focus at the time but I just got it to lvl so I could morph it. I also took BOL off my heal bar cause I find my self on dps bar more often when I need to burst heal someone. So all I do is switch back rebuff and go back to dps.

Since you're running daggers/resto that is also a good way to know which bar you're on in case you're unsure. I play in 3rd person so a quick weap glance tells me which bar I'm on if for some reason I cannot tell otherwise.
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to reiterate one more time the awesome power of Harness Magicka. Once you have the morph maxed out, it's nearly 15k damage shield and can return up to 4.4k magicka if triggered.