The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dont you think there needs to be a magic poison injection?

stonescorsa
stonescorsa
✭✭✭
The title pretty much says it all im sick of poison injection being the number one skill that drops a debuff for 10secs + leaving any magicka build completely useless. Iv seen multiple livestreams of genuine people getting rather annoyed with such one skill killer.

If there was a skill to counteract this i think magicka users would be on par with stam. We badly need a healing debuff skill. People have told me in cyrodil to use purge and other things but what about stam users do they have to purge. No because they really only have to worry about another bow tard out there anyway.

Im not saying it needs nerfing or nothing just saying dont you think magicka builds to be on par with everyone else being everything moving towards stam to have a healing debuff and a dot just like poison injection but as magicka instead?

What do you guys think?

Just find it very one sided tbh
Bravehorn- Mag Sorc FE
Annabella- Stamblade
Tank Maximus- Stam DK
Brave's Templar - Stamplar
Brave's NB - Magblade
Slim Bravey - Stam Sorc
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Why posion injecton leaves a magika build useless? dots are purgable and absorded by damage shields, also posion injection only ticks hard on low health targets, it won't do much if you keep your hp up. Posion injection affects equally magika and stamina users.

- Posion injection don't have a healing debuff attach to it, next time take 5 seconds to read the tooltip

- Why posion injection is "skill killer"? is a dot, like many others, nothing special about it.

Half of your post is almost imposible to understand, and the other half is plain wrong.
    Edited by ManDraKE on September 12, 2016 7:06PM
    Options
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    /ignore
    This skill can't kill people on its own, unlike SOME skills *cough* RD *cough cough*. Poison injection only ASSISTS in getting the kill along with other DPS abilities. Keep your health up so it doesnt do increased damage or purge it. Sounds like an L2P issue.
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

Options
  • Unsent.Soul
    Unsent.Soul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder where people get these ideas....
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bandit1215 wrote: »
    /ignore
    This skill can't kill people on its own, unlike SOME skills *cough* RD *cough cough*. Poison injection only ASSISTS in getting the kill along with other DPS abilities. Keep your health up so it doesnt do increased damage or purge it. Sounds like an L2P issue.

Sorry to say, but if you die from RD alone you should really look at your build. Can't wait for the new soul assault though.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /ignore

Sorry to say, but if you die from RD alone you should really look at your build. Can't wait for the new soul assault though.

He also should look at his monitor sometimes when he dies from only raidiant-destruction :lol:
    Noobplar
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    /ignore

He also should look at his monitor sometimes when he dies from only raidiant-destruction :lol:

Lol, it's hard to not see where it comes from! I wonder how people will react when I hit them with a soul strike they can't dodge away from, the tooltip says it hits 75k for me.
    Options
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    I loled when I read that apparently poison inject is a healing debuff :') think someone is getting poison damage and disease damage mixed up ;)

If you are seriously having trouble with poison inject I don't think there is any advice I can give that can help you out lmao.... maybe pvp just isn't for you.

As others have pointed out.... dots don't apply on Shields.... any magika build not running Shields is likely a templar and can cleanse the dots away.

End of discussion.

If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
    Options
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    /ignore

Lol, it's hard to not see where it comes from! I wonder how people will react when I hit them with a soul strike they can't dodge away from, the tooltip says it hits 75k for me.

Can't dodge away from but can interrupt with crushing shock... Venom arrow, toppling charge, chain pull, ambush, cloak, mostly ANY stun, and a simple shield bash. Useless waste of ultimate.
    Edited by d3nbark3r on September 13, 2016 12:02PM
    If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3nbark3r wrote: »
    /ignore

Can't dodge away from but can interrupt with crushing shock... Venom arrow, toppling charge, chain pull, ambush, cloak, mostly ANY stun, and a simple shield bash. Useless waste of ultimate.

Soul Strike: This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be blocked.

You will now be immune to CC while channeling this ability.

Increased the damage from this ability by 15%.

This ability now prevents your target from entering stealth and invisibility for 2 seconds

After the patch it will be fun :wink:
    Edited by MalakithAlamahdi on September 13, 2016 12:09PM
    Options
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    /ignore

Soul Strike: This ability can no longer can be purged or interrupted, but can now be blocked.

This ability now prevents your target from entering stealth and invisibility for 2 seconds

I'm pretty sure it can still be interrupted with a shield bash. It still has a range also which can be broken with ease if the person can barely move whilst casting
    Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /ignore

I'm pretty sure it can still be interrupted with a shield bash. It still has a range also which can be broken with ease if the person can barely move whilst casting

The soul assault range is like 40m, it also has a nasty snare to the point where you come to a crawl.

And no you won't be able to bash it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /ignore

Says it can't be interrupted, so I doubt a bash can. They probably did this to put it in line with the new bow ultimate. For the line of sight, most players aren't that fast, they don't even break RD and that one can be interrupted in every way. Else I'll just out vampires bane on my bar for a 60% snare!

I think it will be a lot more useful after the patch then it was now. Especially since most don't read the forums, so they will think they can still dodge roll break it :smile:
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finish main quest, receive your own Jesus-beam even if you are not a Templar!
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /ignore

Says it can't be interrupted, so I doubt a bash can. They probably did this to put it in line with the new bow ultimate. For the line of sight, most players aren't that fast, they don't even break RD and that one can be interrupted in every way. Else I'll just out vampires bane on my bar for a 60% snare!

I think it will be a lot more useful after the patch then it was now. Especially since most don't read the forums, so they will think they can still dodge roll break it :smile:

Yea that sounds correct.

As much as they buffed this skill, the better change would have been to review the current toolkits and provide everyone with their own undodgable Magicka channel/attack.

Or review dodge chance's position as a passive mitigation with a "set it and forget it" mentality.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Samuel_Bantien
    Samuel_Bantien
    ✭✭✭
    A DoT that passively executes sounds like something Magicka DK needs. ^_^
    Zaxon
    PC NA
    Ebonheart:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Suedoú
    Magicka Nightblade: Suedou
    Magicka Sorcerer: Suedoe
    Options
  • Rykmaar
    Rykmaar
    ✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    WTB Soul Trap buffs.

Ya you know I would love it if that skill was buffed to where using Oblivion's Foe would make it do a CRAP TON of damage. You could make a build around that DoT+SA.

Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB Soul Trap buffs.

I miss the deer in cyrodiil... Used to be able to use the healing/resource return morph to heal 9% health/mag/stam off each deer mid fight. Just pop off 5 deer and boom 45% resources returned.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »
    WTB Soul Trap buffs.

I miss the deer in cyrodiil... Used to be able to use the healing/resource return morph to heal 9% health/mag/stam off each deer mid fight. Just pop off 5 deer and boom 45% resources returned.

They should give it a morph that gives you 9% stamina back each time the effected player dodge rolls. That would be hilarious.
    Options
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB Soul Trap buffs.

I remember actually wanting to try out the Soul magic skill lines a while ago and I read the tool tip for soul trap wrong, thinking it was completely OP. I actually stuck it on my bar then started complaining how tanky people were because my soul trap was doing no damage.
    But I digress, yes, this please.
    Options
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB Soul Trap buffs.

They should give it a morph that gives you 9% stamina back each time the effected player dodge rolls. That would be hilarious.

And 9% stam from every tick of RD on you ;)
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
    Options
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    WTB Soul Trap buffs.

And 9% stam from every tick of RD on you ;)

Fine with me! RD hits me like a noodle, my biggest handicap is my stamina.
    Options
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /ignore

If you are dying to R and only RD, then there is something severely wrong with your playstyle and/or build.
    Options