The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Joining Existing Pledge Instances With Group Finder

Wolfchild07
Wolfchild07
✭✭✭✭✭
Either update us with all the bosses that have already been killed, or allow us an option to not join already existing instances.

Having to run it again because you didn't kill all the bosses because they're already dead, and because of people being dropped or leaving, is irritating.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is if you do that, people will abuse it. You'll get a group of three with a pug getting to the last boss, all of the sudden a mate of the three jumps online. The one random gets kicked and the mate of the other three is brought in for an easy gold key.
  • Wolfchild07
    Wolfchild07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably, but people get kicked or leave on the last boss anyway.

I should have the option to not join a pledge already in progress, as it doesn't update me. I shouldn't have to run it twice to get the key.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Probably, but people get kicked or leave on the last boss anyway.

I should have the option to not join a pledge already in progress, as it doesn't update me. I shouldn't have to run it twice to get the key.

And I agree with you but because arseholes exist in the ESO community, we are not allowed to have nice things like this.

• Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is very annoying. I still go to finish it, but sometimes it takes forever in my staminaless healer to walk all the way and in some cases I even got kicked after walking for minuts just because the group didn't have patience.

And with the last update, if that happens, it is a good 10 - 12 minutes of wait time before queueing again...
  • Vrathak
    Vrathak
    ✭✭✭
    Don`t use group finder.. use zone and guilds. You`ll find a group ready to go within 30 seconds.

Having a tool there doesn`t mean it is the best thing out there. Then again they could fix this by adding a VERY SIMPLE code in their group finder`s tool I insist on the VERY EASY part.

example:

Check if Group leader has an active instance in Group Finder dungeon list. If true, deny Group finder option for that specific dungeon.

Pretty easy. I can`t write you the code as I don`t know what they are using for database but let`s say they are using a SQL database it could look like the following (I am not a programmer and I`m simply throwing stuff out of my ass right now)

When request to open group finder opens:

IF EXISTS (SELECT InstanceID FROM ActiveInstance WHERE PlayerID = @ID)
    BEGIN
    *change code to select from table without InstanceID*
    END
    ELSE
    BEGIN
    *Call normal code*
    END

They already run a similar code when they do a level check to see which dungeons are available to you, so adding something like that should be a no brainer 15 minutes job

Then again this is all *** code out of my ass from a non-programmer dude... I'm sure programmers can come up with something. Of course this would create more hits on the server but a simple database check doesn't add much strain on the server itself.. there are millions of hits per second on those databases so a couple more when people open group finder will not change a thing at all.

And then again... I have no damn idea what systems ZOS are using for their game so who the hell am I to judge... LOL
    Edited by Vrathak on September 21, 2016 3:21PM