Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How to get connected to the Xbox community - if there is one?

mbradfo2_ESO
mbradfo2_ESO
✭✭
I used to play ESO on the PC, but found the controls clunky. I recently picked up a cheap copy for my Xbox One and am adoring it. (Literally, I just spend hours exploring, gathering, crafting, etc in addition to the main quest. I actually made my husband wait for dinner because I wanted to get some more jute!)

Yet, I love playing WITH people and I'm not sure how to approach that on the console - from finding a guild or just meeting up with players for adventures. This is probably mostly because I've never played an online game on the Xbox One. I also don't have a headset; would it be helpful to pick that up?

Any advice is welcome :-) I am currently working on a baby templar and sorcerer, although I anticipate making the templar my main since I love healing and the general gameplay.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to ESO on the XB1. Here are some helpful tips:

- Update your signature to let people know what platform you play, server you're on, and alliance you've joined. This info will help us help you.

- I'm not sure where you are in the game, but if you're on the starter island, you can generally find a group of people around the "main" city of the island, where the crafting tables are. When you enter the area, turn on the Area chat. Even if you don't have a headset yet, you can still listen.

- Chat text is available on the console, but it's a bit wonky to use with the controller. I do recommend a headset, but it's not required. It does make it tremendously easy to group, though.

- For the most part, many will solo the game until they level up. There are two types of dungeons in the game: public and group. Public is pretty much open to anyone, and can be challenging for solo play, but you don't have to have a group to play. Group dungeons will pretty much require a group, since it'll level to the group lead.

- As you explore lands in Tamriel, you'll see the same congregation at major cities, such as Elden Root in Grahtwood.

- When you phase into the Silver and Gold parts of the story (after you beat the MQ, Caldwell will allow you to play as though you signed up with the other alliances), you'll see less people. Many either move onto PvP play in Cyrodiil or the many group events the game offers. The choice is yours.

- Very, very rarely you may run into people who don't play nice. Don't let these folks get you down. Most are very helpful, and if you retain the same positive attitude, you can make friends quickly. I usually do it by giving free stuff to new players to help them out.

Hope these tips help and look forward to seeing you in the game (under Vio'lynne of Jinxes)
  • mbradfo2_ESO
    mbradfo2_ESO
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tips! I think I'll definitely get that headset....and update my much lacking signature!
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips! I think I'll definitely get that headset....and update my much lacking signature!

are you NA or EU?