Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it worth subscribign for brand new player?

GS1981
GS1981
As the title says, is it worth it or should i get the most out of the free content first?
  • Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭
    You'll probably get answers for both ways. I personally say yes. I liked the game so much I subbed after two days playing.
  • GS1981
    GS1981
    Also can subscribers switch between EU and NA servers freely?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting Bags are a huge benefit, if your going to craft. While you can manage inventory for crafting in the base game, it's not all that much fun to have stuff on different alts, depending on how into Crafting you get.

As for the DLCs, most of them are such that you will enjoy them more if you have a somewhat leveled character, does not have to be max, or even end game level. It's just you want some extra skill points to invest in those skill lines and you won't extra skill points until your in the 40's or starting Champ Ranks.

You do get gains in experience and such, if your of the type level as quickly as possible. If, on the other hand you savor content, your leveling will happen as it needs to as you go through the game.
    Edited by Nestor on September 8, 2016 8:47PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ryuuhime
    Ryuuhime
    ✭✭✭
    I think the Crafting Bag alone makes it very worth it, you can get all the mats that you need without worrying about inventory space (they all go into the Crafting Bag, which has unlimited space for all crafting mats). You also get 10% more experience and gold gained, which are nice perks for a new player.

The DLC zones are also gorgeous and worth exploring even if you are new. Might want to avoid the Imperial City for now though! :)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GS1981 wrote: »
    Also can subscribers switch between EU and NA servers freely?

You can, but nothing transfers over. So your characters are kept separate, and anything you get with Crowns on one server is not available on the other server.

• GS1981
    GS1981
    oh thats a bit stupid, the problem is my time zone (EU) has mainly non English speaking players, but US time difference is to much, cant decide which to stick to.
  • GS1981
    GS1981
    I think i am going to give it a go for 30 days and see if it is worth it for me, just wondering, if i start a membership, can i cancel the recurring option straight away so it doesn't take it straight from my paypal next month?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think i am going to give it a go for 30 days and see if it is worth it for me, just wondering, if i start a membership, can i cancel the recurring option straight away so it doesn't take it straight from my paypal next month?
    Yes you can. This is actually what I was going to suggest - the biggest benefit of subscribing for a new player is that while you're subscribed you get access to all of the DLC (Wrothgar, Imperial City, Hew's Bane, Gold Coast, and the Shadow's of the Hist group dungeons), so you have an opportunity to try those out and decide if you want to buy them outright or maintain a sub to keep access to it.

If you do end up buying one or more of them outright, the crowns you get from your 1 month subscription can go towards that purchase. It's worth noting that a DLC pack including all of them except for Shadows of the Hist is going to be for sale in the crown store shortly (I think this week actually).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • GS1981
    GS1981
    Yeh i noticed i missed the Imperial City DLC by one day, i'm going to just save my crowns up if i can resist.

Can i stop the sub being recurring or do i have to wait until 29 days are up to cancel if i dont want it?

Also is tehre any guilds that use discord or TS or anything you know of for beginners?
  • GS1981
    GS1981
    Just wondering, is there anything in the crown store that is essential for a new player? i have bought a pet and have the imperial dlc so have a horse.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeh i noticed i missed the Imperial City DLC by one day, i'm going to just save my crowns up if i can resist.

Can i stop the sub being recurring or do i have to wait until 29 days are up to cancel if i dont want it?

Also is tehre any guilds that use discord or TS or anything you know of for beginners?

You can cancel the sub at any time, it will continue until your time is up, but no more charges.

Most guilds use TS or Discord or Skype or some other type of VOIP like system. Not everyone is on them all the time, but generally for Group Dungeons and such they are. It would help to have 2 or 3 of the more common clients on your machine, that way you can use whatever your guild uses or another guild or just someone you pug with uses.

• GS1981
    GS1981
    OK thanks, i'm a big Discord fan, am i best off off looking for these groups in game?

And if i cancel my sub now, i wont lose anything? none of the bonuses etc?
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK thanks, i'm a big Discord fan, am i best off off looking for these groups in game?

And if i cancel my sub now, i wont lose anything? none of the bonuses etc?
    Yeah, if you cancel it now you'll keep all of the benefits of the sub until it runs out. So if you've got 29 days left and you cancel now, you'll still have all benefits for those 29 days.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES,

You will gain XP 10% faster,
    Get more gold,
    Have an UNLIMITED crafting bag for all those materials you will be gathering and not have your bank space used up,

+1500 Crowns to buy horses, motifs etc
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• GS1981
    GS1981
    Sweet cheers lads
  • GS1981
    GS1981
    SOz more questions, i cancelled my subscription straighht away so it wouldnt over lap, and yes it will run until next month, i want some more coins to buy the expansion pass, so if i buy a 3 months subscrition, would it just be added on to the 25 days i already own? or will it overwrite it?
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you buy more subscription time it will be added onto what you already have.

But you can also buy crowns on their own, and if you get the 5,500 crown pack it works out slightly cheaper per crown than getting them with sub time. If you're not sure you want to keep up the subscription and just want the crowns to buy DLC that might be a better option.

I also recommend taking the opportunity while you do have a subscription to check out the DLC and find out which ones you actually want to buy. They're not going anywhere - both the individual DLCs and the pack are a permanent part of the crown store so you don't need to worry about missing them and can take the time to think about your decision.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"