Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RNG Boxes, and Edit Characters yet?

Renoaku_ESO
Renoaku_ESO
✭✭
I just upgraded to windows 10 after 8 years, looking to possibly install the game again but I hear that this game is going to have "RNG Boxes" like Arche Age and I am not interested in playing a game that has such as I would rather be able to buy my content straight from a cash shop.

Also is it not possible to edit characters yet its been years, and it seems like there would be a way to add a simple way to edit character to everyone's UI or NPC and no ( I am not talking about paying real money every time a person wants to change something.) Like Nexon does on vindictus.

So have any of these changes came or RNG boxes going to mess up the game is it worth me installing again?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RNG boxes contain consumables and cosmetics, sometimes ones that are exclusive to the RNG boxes. Not pay-to-win yet but I still don't like them.

You can completely redo your character's appearance for 1k crowns. They are also selling hairstyles and adornments in packs and standalone, if you buy those you can switch them around on your characters as much as you like at no cost.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Renoaku_ESO
    Renoaku_ESO
    ✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    RNG boxes contain consumables and cosmetics, sometimes ones that are exclusive to the RNG boxes. Not pay-to-win yet but I still don't like them.

You can completely redo your character's appearance for 1k crowns. They are also selling hairstyles and adornments in packs and standalone, if you buy those you can switch them around on your characters as much as you like at no cost.

I don't care if its Pay 2 Win...

There are two types of games I dont play anymore...

1.) Pay 2 Win defined as anything that gives a huge advantage costing more than $20 a month my limit I mean subscription Fee and VIP are fine, but when you need 7 different accounts like Arche Age, or pay 2 advance faster or have an advantage that is pay 2 win.

2.) Pay 2 Enjoy aka cosmetic boxes / RNG, or having to pay to change appearance each time you want to often spending more than $20 in cosmetics "True Story" I once spent $200 for a single costume in "Arche Age" Never got it not playing games with this type of *** again.

I just want to know if the game is going to have these so I don't waste my time installing this game again.

3.) Also by "Redo my characters appearance you mean once I buy a pack I can completely edit my character with the contents of the purchased pack right such as Eyes, Skin, Hair, etc.?

1k Crowns to change a characters appearance each time is too expensive, 1k Crowns to buy a unlock pack and freely change whenever is okay.
    Edited by Renoaku_ESO on September 8, 2016 8:53PM
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It'll be #2 when the boxes come soon, except for hair which you can just unlock with one-time payment. Changing the color is on a per-change basis though.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1.) Pay 2 Win defined as anything that gives a huge advantage costing more than $20 a month my limit I mean subscription Fee and VIP are fine, but when you need 7 different accounts like Arche Age, or pay 2 advance faster or have an advantage that is pay 2 win.
    Nothing like that here, unless you count the +10% xp gain from ESO+.
    2.) Pay 2 Enjoy aka cosmetic boxes / RNG, or having to pay to change appearance each time you want to often spending more than $20 in cosmetics "True Story" I once spent $200 for a single costume in "Arche Age" Never got it not playing games with this type of *** again.
    Well then maybe ESO is not for you. They don't throw the crown store in your face too often (a pop up ad maybe once a week or so), but selling cosmetics is a BIG part of ZOS's business model at this point.
    3.) Also by "Redo my characters appearance you mean once I buy a pack I can completely edit my character with the contents of the purchased pack right such as Eyes, Skin, Hair, etc.?
    No, you buy a pack of specific adornments and can change those adornments whenever you like. For example I bought the pack that contains all the hairstyles from the character creator, so now I can change to one of those styles on any character whenever I choose. I cannot, however, change things like hair color or body shape or whatnot without buying a full appearance change.
    1k Crowns to change a characters appearance each time is too expensive, 1k Crowns to buy a unlock pack and freely change whenever is okay.
    I bought a couple full appearance changes to fix some hastily-created-at-launch characters, but I agree that it's too expensive to use it often.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Renoaku_ESO
    Renoaku_ESO
    ✭✭
    That is part of the problem, ESO should allow you to freely edit a characters appearance any time you want to (Buying Packs) or unlocks gives you unlimited rights to freely change those when you choose to do such, Adornment Packs and being able just to change that, and hairstyle doesn't cut it sometimes people need to change other things too to make something look nice IMO, so forcing a player to have to spend an additional 1k to do such is not something I look to its something "Nexon Does in their games and the reason I haven't touched a game of theirs since Vindictus even Riders of Icarus...

Like don't get me wrong, I am all for the selling of Cosmetic items in a Cash Shop, but not RNG boxes, or charging an insane amount of money to change appearance for example in "Skyforge" the only game I play at the moment thats F2P it costs me like $1 USD to change a characters appearance fully thats all.

I would be fine if the developers put "Unlimited" style changes as a "Premium Benefit" for paying $14.95 as month as it should be along with being able to purchase additional unlock packs like Adornment, Hairs etc. But not interested in a game that just feels too Pay 2 Enjoy " I might download it just to login and take a look at the shop but chances are I am not going to bother actually playing the game or spending money in the shop.

Anyways Thanks hopefully they do the right thing here.
    Edited by Renoaku_ESO on September 8, 2016 10:31PM