Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Am i doomed to have a skyshards addon?

LaiTash
LaiTash
✭✭✭
I know it's up to me, but this is a mmo and i wouldn't like to be kicked from a party or be a joke in pvp. In addition, the hints are sometimes just not that obvious, especially if your language isn't supported by ESO. So the question is: will i be tooooo gimped if i will only get, say, 1/3 of all skyshards, or is it an absolutely viable choice and i'll still be able to compete with other players? I don't want to throw the exploration part of the game away.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can just google "skyshard locations". That's what us console peasants have to do.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://tamrieljournal.com/eso-skyshard-location-map/

http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Skyshards

http://dulfy.net/2014/02/28/eso-skyshards-guide/

I printed out each map for each zone I was in so I would not have to have the web page up while playing on the PC
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LaiTash
    LaiTash
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    You can just google "skyshard locations". That's what us console peasants have to do.

Uh, but i don't want to google for skyshard locations. I want to find them myself... but i also know that most players have already cleared the map of them. Even worse, my gf is using skyshards map as well and i'm afraid we won't be able to play the same content together eventually because she'll have way more sp then i.

Maybe there's some way to make skyshard hunting a bit easier then vanilla and still keep immersion and exploration in place?
  • Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭
    Having all the skill points is just fluff, unless you want a character that can do everything without having to respec. If you know the build you're going for, and if you want to craft or not, you absolutely don't need all of them. I don't have a single character even remotely close to having all of them, yet they craft, and their builds are fully fleshed out. And I still haven't played even half the pve content on any single character. You can have a full build with points to spare after doing maybe 4 zones, hitting level 50, and doing dungeon quests.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LaiTash wrote: »

Uh, but i don't want to google for skyshard locations. I want to find them myself...

I used to feel that way too, until I realized how many Skyshards I was missing in each zone. Then I started using Maps as I was not using addons for the first 6 months or so of playing (keeping them updated back then was a major pain)

I am also the type of player that can walk right by a Skyshard and not notice it.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• LaiTash
    LaiTash
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    LaiTash wrote: »
    I am also the type of player that can walk right by a Skyshard and not notice it.

Happens to me all the time.
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    Having all the skill points is just fluff, unless you want a character that can do everything without having to respec. If you know the build you're going for, and if you want to craft or not, you absolutely don't need all of them. I don't have a single character even remotely close to having all of them, yet they craft, and their builds are fully fleshed out. And I still haven't played even half the pve content on any single character. You can have a full build with points to spare after doing maybe 4 zones, hitting level 50, and doing dungeon quests.

Well this is encouraging, thanks. Maybe i'll look at the map when i'm 50.
  • Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭
    Or what you could do is install the add-on and just leave it disabled. Then play a zone, do all your questing and exploring at your own pace, enough that you're content that you've "finished" the zone. When you're finished and ready to leave, turn the add-on back on to double check yourself. Turn it off again for the next zone, rinse and repeat.

Do the same thing with the lorebooks add-on.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, you know every delve and public dungeon will have a shard. A few other obvious locations, like the main towns, or that you might see as you travel from point to point, and you should have more than enough. (Assuming you don't also craft on that character.)

Lore books on the other hand... I'm still 13 shy of MG 10, most of my collections are 80% complete or higher, and I've cleared most of the exploration achievements while looking. I am this close to downloading an add-on.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    I am this close to downloading an add-on.
    @driosketch
    Well, if you do, you know which one to get ...
    poke.gifbiggrin.gif
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    driosketch wrote: »
    I am this close to downloading an add-on.
    @driosketch
    Well, if you do, you know which one to get ...
    poke.gifbiggrin.gif

@SirAndy the first place I'll stop.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LaiTash - you only need as many skyshards as skills and passives YOU want to use,

If you have all the class passives, weapon passives, race passives and maybe a few guild passives,
    In the right places,

You have your 10 skills + Ulti's you intend using you don't NEED anymore skyshards,
    However it is always nice to have extra so you can change some skills around in certain situations,

The choice is yours.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well you definitelly be better faster if you collect the skyshards, but it also depends on your build and the way how good you can play it

But the Skyshards addon is nice, I use it from the beginning :)
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing follow the story line in each zone look up a lot for the beam and the story walks you by most of them l finish a zone then check for how many skyshards I missed and most of the time it's only 3 or 4
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Install it.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer to subject line: yes

Give in to the dark side. Use the add-on. It's the first thing I tell any new player that joins my guid to do. Go get Skyshards and Destinations add-ons. Just do it.

You want a challenge? Go after all of them in Cyrodiil. Just because you know where they are doesn't make it easy to get them.
    Edited by Giraffon on September 13, 2016 4:42PM
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!