Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

question about cp leveling

ng2084b14_ESO
If u are more than cp cap will u still can get one cp for 400K xp through enlightenment everyday or u need more xp?
  • Aletheion
    Aletheion
    ✭✭✭
    You continue to get enlightenment.

-Aletheion
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u are more than cp cap will u still can get one cp for 400K xp through enlightenment everyday or u need more xp?

At around 440 CPs, you start needing more than 400K Exp to gain a Champ Point.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14l_K_29Hyj4cjuCAcbCdeGBtLAMRjdbNz78zS6kTjZc/edit?pli=1#gid=0

I am at 624, where it costs about 780K per point. However, I still get about a Champ Point a day, sometimes two, just doing content and puttering around. Unless your in an all fire hurry to reach the cap, CP's will come if you just play the game.

If your in a hurry, then find some good grind spots, put on a full set of Armor with the Training Trait and Grind Baby, Grind.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Once you are above the cap, the cost for each CP is higher - not sure the exact current numbers but previously each CP beyond the cap cost about 1.5x more as described below, for example first CP after you exceed the cap should cost around 670K XP ((531/ (531^0.995)) + 0.085) * 400000)*1.5 = ~670k XP required. So while enlightened you can earn 400k toward that.
    Hey everyone,
    Thanks for all the feedback so far. We love reading your enthusiasm on this new system. Our goal is to make it as polished and awesome as possible before releasing to the live servers. The three main changes we’re looking to make are:
    • Reducing the speed at which XP per point accelerates. Our data shows there is a good number of people in the 300 champion point range and we didn’t want them to feel like they had to grind all the way to 501 before the system releases. This now means players are gaining champion points faster than the old value up until their 445th point.
    • Slightly increasing base XP. This helps normalize the curve a bit so players are spending a little more time in the beginning of the curve and less time at the end of the curve.
    • Reducing the XP penalty for players past cap. We want dedicated players to still be able to make meaningful progress.

The formula would be adjusted in the following way to meet these goals:
    • ((TotalPoints / (Cap ^ 0.995)) + 0.085) * 400000, where Total Points is how many CP points you’ve earned.
    • If you exceed the cap, the XP required is calculated given the above formula and then multiplied by 1.5.
    • For the first Champion Point (going from 0 Champion Points to 1 Champion Point) 34000 XP is required.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on September 8, 2016 3:32PM
  • ng2084b14_ESO
    So if i understand right when u have enlightenment if u are cp 562 u will get one cp due to xp bonus?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if i understand right when u have enlightenment if u are cp 562 u will get one cp due to xp bonus?

When you have enlightenment, you gain CXPs at rate that is 4 times the Exp you earned. Note, some quests, like the Zone Main Quests seem to give out more CXPs than Exp, but this also is increased by enlightenment. This is contrasted by when your not enlightened, you get one CXP for each EXP point you get.

You build up a pool that is supposed to be one CPs worth each day. So, if you log on each day, you will get about one CPs worth of enlightenment. You can bank up to 12 days worth if you don't log on for a while. Obviously if you don't earn all the Exp needed to gain a CP on that day, that amount left is added to the next days enlightenment.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

563rd CP will normally cost 671,396XP

((562/(561^0.995))+0.085)*400000)*1.5

I imagine if you have only enough enlightenment for 1 CP, then while enlightened, you would earn 400k at a cost of 100k, then your enlightenment would run out and you'd need to earn another 271k to get the champion point.

Otherwise, if you have a lot of enlightenment stacked up, then you'd only need to earn ~168k to get the point (671k/4).