Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

On traits

kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
We all know that of the nine traits only a few matter for armor big infused, small divines, any impenetrable, Study for Tank sets, some Well fitted for stamina is nice and everything else is trash. Weapons are even worse Sharpened for everything, infused for Master/Maelstrom weapons, Powered for healers and good ole Defending for Tanks.

If you run the numbers the other traits they don't add up to much of anything. Now I'm not asking for a nerf of good traits but a buff to bad ones. Only PvE mobs drop gold so a trait like that should not be possible on a PvP set. Training is miles ahead of it's old self but only matter if you're grinding and are under the cp cap.
We need traits that have a MEANINGFUL impact on your build. So much hate would stop on RNG if X gear if It was a "Smart" drop and the trait was good for something.

By Smart drop I mean stop having light magic sets with Sturdy or Reinforced no mage wants that. Powered Bows and Twohanded really, who is that for? We are stepping in the right direction with the smart drops on set pieces no more Warlock or Viper bows. But can we carry this forward with traits? Every time I get a bad trait or a trait that has no use on the item I just thing it cheap time padding.

Really tho my Bow has stronger heals like why???
Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
May Sithis hold back his Void
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the caveat of avoiding excessive power creep, I do think it makes more sense to increase the desirability of alternative sets versus pursuing an endless cycle of over-buffing the best sets followed by over-nerfing them, which is the norm.

Whether ZOS shares that view is another matter entirely, however, and I can't say history gives me much cause for optimism on that front.

We'll see.
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
    Options
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Majic wrote: »
    With the caveat of avoiding excessive power creep, I do think it makes more sense to increase the desirability of alternative sets versus pursuing an endless cycle of over-buffing the best sets followed by over-nerfing them, which is the norm.

Whether ZOS shares that view is another matter entirely, however, and I can't say history gives me much cause for optimism on that front.

We'll see.

Making the other triats meaningful would do this we wouldn't all deal 5% more damage, take -5% damage do 6% more healing we need the traits to have a something worth a break from the norm Infused or Sharpened is all my DPS run.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword