Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Old Thread.

• Magic_Longsword
    While the story about switching factions from a RPer's perspective could have been interesting to read, it's made difficult by your writing style.

Short sentences work well when they're used to make or emphasize a point, or else to indicate a drastic change of tone, or else to write Hemingway-style, neither of which is your case. That's not to say people expect great things from a poster on an mmo forum, but if you're going to share stories, make them good. :/ And please, do try using commas; I heard that works.

Your love for short sentence fragments would've been better put to use with structures like these :

For five months, I played for the Aldmeri Dominion on my Bosmer Dragonknight without thinking twice about my allegiance to the faction. When the very race of my character came into question and I proceeded to change it to a Dark Elf, I still didn't doubt my choice to play AD.
    And three days ago, everything changed.

See, same short sentence, same cheap way to get some dramatic tension out of your narrative, but arguably easier to read. (Not exactly how I would've phrased it, but still closer to your intent and initial writing style).

As it is though, all I can say is, cool story, bro. Enjoy DC.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the story about switching factions from a RPer's perspective could have been interesting to read, it's made difficult by your writing style.

That's not to say people expect great things from a poster on an mmo forum, but if you're going to share stories, make them good. :/ And please, do try using commas; I heard that works.

@Magic_Longsword ...truly: a soul shriven statement...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

That's not to say people expect great things from a poster on an mmo forum, but if you're going to share stories, make them good. :/ And please, do try using commas; I heard that works.

@Magic_Longsword ...truly: a soul shriven statement...

This poor soul has no idea what it means to insult the works of the great @Serjustin19
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    This poor soul has no idea what it means to insult the works of the great @Serjustin19

as silly as it seems - i was kinda proud of myself for "getting" old sir justin fairly early on when i first came to the forums...

not to be too melodramatic - but, at times i do believe it is possible to see just a little bit into someone else's soul through their thoughts and words...

i enjoy @serjustin19 musings...

plus - to be honest - it drives me nuts when folks on the forums start handing out "free" english writing lessons...

we can't all be james joyce...not sure why his name was the first to pop in to my head - actually hated reading him in high school - BORING!!!...but, he did seem to have a pretty good handle on the whole grammar and syntax thing...
    Edited by geonsocal on March 3, 2017 10:01PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Magic_Longsword
    Stovahkiin wrote: »

as silly as it seems - i was kinda proud of myself for "getting" old sir justin fairly early on when i first came to the forums...

not to be too melodramatic - but, at times i do believe it is possible to see just a little bit into someone else's soul through their thoughts and words...

i enjoy @serjustin19 musings...

plus - to be honest - it drives me nuts when folks on the forums start handing out "free" english writing lessons...

we can't all be james joyce...not sure why his name was the first to pop in to my head - actually hated reading him in high school - BORING!!!...but, he did seem to have a pretty good handle on the whole grammar and syntax thing...

As I said, nobody expects great writing from a poster in an mmo forum. But seriously the dots everywhere make the musings that much harder to read. Are commas that hard to find?

Also, I may or may not have been on the forums longer than my actual posting indicates, and I know I've read other threads by the OP, which were easy to read and enjoyable. That's why this one bothers me more than it should.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    howdy @Magic_Longsword ...saul goodman :)

writing wise - only thing that gets under my skin a tiny/small/smidgen/miniscule bit is folks whom don't proofread and edit their posts...

which is actually pretty ridiculous considering the environment we're engaging at...it's not like some mod is gonna roll through here with a red marker (had a boss that did that to me once :#, he had been an english major of course) and correct what we've written down...

have a good one...

Edit: wait a minute now...am I going crazy or did the thread title just change???
    Edited by geonsocal on March 4, 2017 6:26PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edit: wait a minute now...am I going crazy or did the thread title just change???

It appears as though both may be correct :P
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Stovahkiin ...shoot, being sane in a crazy world jus ain't safe :#