Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Helping New Players

loyalhabsfan
loyalhabsfan
✭✭✭✭
A little story for you guys...

I usually run solo. If I'm not in PvP I'm in maelstrom grinding for a 2h. I had yesterday off, and couldn't really decide if I wanted to farm AP or grind vMA. For those of you out there who work full time jobs, you know what I mean when I say it's almost stressful deciding how you want to spend your limited free time in eso. Yesterday I tried something entirely different, and it was awesome.

I came up on a little dueling sesh in cyrodiil. I won a couple duels and a level 16 Khajiit Nb with one one handed sword thought it was so awesome. About six months ago I wouldn't have even considered helping this guy, I'll be honest. Something about that guy made me want to help him, though. He had a keyboard out and was super responsive and followed me around like a pilot fish. He honestly reminded me of myself when I bought the game, absolutely no idea what the hell I was doing but it was so fun. I'll also admit, it's cool to see people are still buying the game. This game has been through a lot, whether we like all of those changes or not... It's cool to see people are still buying it. Anyway.

I grouped up with him and took him to Wayrest to show him where to reset his skill points and attributes. He wanted to roll a build just like mine, so I showed him how. He hopped into my share play and sat quietly while I explained skills, passives, animation cancelling, cyrodiil mechanics, other class strengths, undaunted, gear, champion points, swapping weapons with R3, everything you can think of. He was super appreciative, which only made me want to help more. I got him some decent gear for pvp and some food, and we went back into cyrodiil.

We found ourselves in another little dueling session and he went up against a level 40 Templar. He was rocking bow/2h without surprise attack, execute and fear. Lol he kind of had to combo heavy attacks with poison inject, ambush and incap. He actually kicked the Templars ass. He stood there with like no health looking at the dead body like "OMG I did it". Def a feels good moment.

I know what some of you are thinking (ugh great just what we need, another up and coming stamblade). But seriously, I KNOW several of you are in need of a little change of pace. If you see a lower level out there looking for a group, help him/her out. It's a rewarding experience and it's honestly super fun. It'll also remind you how much you know about this game, and how much there is to it. Might even give you a greater appreciation for eso altogether.

tldr; grouped with noobie and he is nasty stamblade now *pats back*

LittleNate16 if you're reading this get off the forums and go unlock surprise attack damn it.
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    as a noob, its surprising how much difference it makes when people do this. Imagine coming into the game now, its very overwhelming with a huge learning curve. Sometimes a little bit of hand holding is all a new person needs to set them on the right path.

You never know who that noob may turn into....
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    absolutely right suter!

hows it going for you by the way?

havent heard or seen anything from you in long time :-)
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nidro

im online most evenings, just got PSN switched to looking offline as I keep getting party invites from my sons mates haha

just message me anytime and we can hook up although not one of the crazy dungeons we went to last time!

PS gotta let everyone know that Nidro is one of the players that helps noobs. He gave me some great advice which made my game much better, crafted me some armor and took me on a dungeon run. Great guy (or gal)
    Edited by Suter1972 on September 8, 2016 12:00PM
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this kind of handholding first time I did vCoS. They didn´t care that I died a lot and explained the mechanics a few times, and without a single rant or harsh words. We beat the dungeon at the end and it was fantastic.
  • SantaOrc
    SantaOrc
    ✭✭✭
    When running gold pledges, i really don't mind having lowbies in the group. I like to see how they adapt and things begin to work after explanations.

When i ran vICP the first time, one of those "exp" elite player left after we wiped at the endboss for a few times. Another one followed him.
    Me as a healer and a DD were left, so we used the dungeon finder to look for substitution. We got two guys, not even cp160. Both never did the dungeon before, but we managed to kill the boss after some tries, without hard mode though.

Those two newbies were of the two better kinds of newbies. The one listened well and was communicative, the other one said no word (which is really frustring) but still listened and learned.
    The third kind of people, not listening and ruining the run are very effective in getting me to leave.
  • Nephimana
    Nephimana
    ✭✭✭
    I love it. Ever since I knew about crafted sets I was making sets for all my friends when the game first came out. Whenever I see a noob in dungeon struggling I always ask if they want help and I gear them up with everything and help them out with game mechanics, instead of getting annoyed and let them go out and struggle and have them keep feeling like they can't keep up or they're just a burden. I just get a good feel. They always want to give gold back, but I have plenty gold and it's hard for noobs to make money hahaha. It's all for the game, all for fun, for the community you could say.
    I remember when I first played and this one group in pvp helped ALOT, I followed like a trooper and I was so defensive of the guy leading, when the group got too big, others wanted to lead and they'd sit there and argue, I was on my boys side, a fights going on and I'd stay back to defend my boy from the haters that want to play the blame game, I couldn't stand it hahaha. Still remember and loyal to my boy Dongenovese even though he might not remember me or feel like he didn't do that much. Just his enthusiasm and character, and his attitude to others was enough for me.
    You guys do make an impression sometimes when you least realize it.
    Edited by Nephimana on September 8, 2016 10:08PM
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @loyalhabsfan - Great ambassador for the game and the community who play the game,

It is awesome to help fellow players, not necessarily noobs,

i was on BWB playing one of my lowbies lvl 25 in the DC faction when i get ganked by an EP Stamblade lvl 40,

His damage was really bad.....
    I whispered him in game asking what armour sets he was using,
    his reply actually made me almost cry,
    He was wearing a mix of armour, NO actual sets,

I immediately confirmed what kinds of weapons he used,
    logged onto my crafter and made him a set of hundings rage and filled the spots with night silence,
    sent it to him,

Relogged onto my lowbie and we had a dueling session,
    Great improvement to damage,

It DOES feel really awesome to help someone in need..
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, when i can bring up the extra time and none of my friends need help with anything, or doing pledges or getting achievements troughout the day, im always willing to help starters with crafted gear, which skills to use and how to combine them, and bring them to some places where u can train the Rotation to get better.

I also think more people should do that.
    There are always Newcomers, just as i have been one half a year ago.
    would been great for me if someone helped me at the beginning, but had to struggle solo trough the game and learn all of it. One day i was Veteran Rank and met some nice Players.

@Suter1972 if you want i can make u another updated gear Setup if you want. just tell me if u want to focus healing done, or damage done :-) i guess ur still running around with that lvl 20 stuff xD

Yours Nidro~~
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nidro

Hello my friend. yes, still have the lvl 20 seducer gear (im now nearly lvl 38). I did make myself a new robe but it isn't great.

Ive put all my character points into magika so if an enemy gets close, ive had it. I need to take them out quickly and from a distance. Not sure if that affects things?

• soll
    soll
    ✭✭✭
    SantaOrc wrote: »
    When running gold pledges, i really don't mind having lowbies in the group. I like to see how they adapt and things begin to work after explanations.

When i ran vICP the first time, one of those "exp" elite player left after we wiped at the endboss for a few times. Another one followed him.
    Me as a healer and a DD were left, so we used the dungeon finder to look for substitution. We got two guys, not even cp160. Both never did the dungeon before, but we managed to kill the boss after some tries, without hard mode though.

Those two newbies were of the two better kinds of newbies. The one listened well and was communicative, the other one said no word (which is really frustring) but still listened and learned.
    The third kind of people, not listening and ruining the run are very effective in getting me to leave.

Yesterday for gold pledge CoA we took a tank, who was like 140cp, and it was his first time in vet Ash. So at the beginning I was a bit nervous, but actually turns out that we rocked dungeon with speed run and no death (only on Valkyn himself we wiped in purpose to read tome, because we forgot at the first try) and this guy never felt uncomfortable or close to death.
    Was a pleasure to see his comment after: "well, it was easy" :)

This story just reminded me again – give a chance for low cp players!
    EU PC
    I like to heal
    Triggered Tryhards/ HighRisk
    EP – Sollencia
    AD – Sollencia Overdose
    When you've invested time and money into a company, you have the right to be upset over changes that will negatively affect your experience and gameplay.

• iAmLife
    iAmLife
    ✭✭✭
    I 'help' new players, by taking them to IC sewers, go near a warden and tell them if they hit it, they'll gain crazy exp :| then I run away... to my... cave... for... the... next... victim
    I'll own you fool, COME AT ME YOU SON OF A GUN, hi names Life... LIKE FOR LIFE kthnxbye
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alot of veteran players come across very elitish because they forget where they came from. I am glad to see someone helping a new player. MMO's will succeed with new players being brought into the game and having an enjoyable experience.

Kudos!!!
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nidro

Just a quick (public) thanks for sending me over some purple lvl 40 gear. Totally changed my game again, didn't realise how much i'd outleveled the old stuff!

• Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    You're Welcome ;-)

- Champion Rank 1080 -