Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Enchantments on swords, how do they proc?

Amorpho
Amorpho
✭✭✭✭
When I light attack, does it proc the enchantments on both swords or just 1? Is there a way for me to proc just the one on the second sword?
The Gaming Rev
YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Magicka Nightblade, Breton
Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Stamina Templar, Orsimer
Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    The enchantment on the sword that your character uses for the attack is the one that "procs". If you have different swords on the two respective skill bars, then you can switch to the one that has the enchantment you want to apply. But be aware that an enchantment is only applied about 20% of the time that your PC uses the weapon for a light or a heavy attack. As far as I know, it won't be applied for a bash attack. The same is true for a poison that you equip, that temporarily replaces the enchantment (if there is one) on the weapon.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    The enchantment on the sword that your character uses for the attack is the one that "procs". If you have different swords on the two respective skill bars, then you can switch to the one that has the enchantment you want to apply. But be aware that an enchantment is only applied about 20% of the time that your PC uses the weapon for a light or a heavy attack. As far as I know, it won't be applied for a bash attack. The same is true for a poison that you equip, that temporarily replaces the enchantment (if there is one) on the weapon.

As far as I know, enchantments proc 100% of the times, but poisons only 20% (this is why I never turn to poisons). I see expert gamers having 2 different enchants on their 2 swords on front bar. They weave light-attacks in between their spells. They would not enchant their 2nd sword if it never proccd. Maybe you need to heavy or medium attack to proc the 2nd enchant as well?
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weapon enchants don't proc 100% of the time and for dual wield, the off-hand weapon procs fewer times than the main hand.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I have heard is that enchantments on a dual wielding player each have a 50% chance to proc (like how the maelstrom daggers/axes work?) and each enchantment procs and has a cooldown independent of the other. In all other situations, it's a 100% chance to trigger on standard/weapon attacks provided to cooldown is up.

If anyone knows differently I would love to hear, especially if it can help answer my personal dilemma:
    If I want the weapon power enchant always active, can/should I use that same enchantment on both weapons? Or would a proc on one sword trigger the CD on both enchantments (which are identical, or maybe different tier)?
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    What I have heard is that enchantments on a dual wielding player each have a 50% chance to proc (like how the maelstrom daggers/axes work?) and each enchantment procs and has a cooldown independent of the other. In all other situations, it's a 100% chance to trigger on standard/weapon attacks provided to cooldown is up.

If anyone knows differently I would love to hear, especially if it can help answer my personal dilemma:
    If I want the weapon power enchant always active, can/should I use that same enchantment on both weapons? Or would a proc on one sword trigger the CD on both enchantments (which are identical, or maybe different tier)?

That's what I am running at the moment, not knowing exactly how the enchants proc. I wonder if the 2 weapon power enchants proc and stack together when you weave light-attacks...
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enchantments have 100% chance to proc and when You see how dual wield light attacking look You can notice that sometimes You attack with main hand and sometimes with off hand so maybe that factor generate which enchant will proc and after that enchant proc it gets cooldown but enchant in 2nd weapon dont have it. It's just my theory not 100% confirmed fact. About maelstorm and masters both enchantments works at the same time and if You have 2 maelstorms/masters they simply double chance to proc if we're talking about maelstorms and dmg of twin slashes DoT added value in case of masters.
    Edited by juhasman on September 12, 2016 8:02AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Amorpho they don't stack. At least I was told that on here. So always have different enchants on each of your weapons.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    @Amorpho they don't stack. At least I was told that on here. So always have different enchants on each of your weapons.

They may not stack but at least I have 100% chance of weapon power enchant to proc, right?
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer