Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Armor sets to use for PvP Magicka DK

CallMeBigPapi
What armor sets should I use?
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on your level. For low level I like using Kags and Syrabane's. Works well for me.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kagrenacs, sun, elf bane, seducer, blood spawn , valkyn, Magnus, vicious death, next patch you could run lich for all of your Regen then stack damage
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• CallMeBigPapi
    what about black rose, how would you rate it as far as usefulness for a mag DK? I'm a vamp btw
  • CallMeBigPapi
    I also prefer heavy armor, should've stated that earlier
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what about black rose, how would you rate it as far as usefulness for a mag DK? I'm a vamp btw
    Not an expert on this, but Black Rose sounds good even on a magicka build if you plan to use sword and shield.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • CallMeBigPapi
    yep, sword and board on both bars or sword and board destro staff
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch I've been using black rose, bloodspawn, willpower jewlery, and 2pc torugs pact while I collect my silks of the sun set. Will swap out willpower and torugs pact for silks when I get my other ring and necklace.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This patch I've been using black rose, bloodspawn, willpower jewlery, and 2pc torugs pact while I collect my silks of the sun set. Will swap out willpower and torugs pact for silks when I get my other ring and necklace.

Try and get your hands on 2 pieces of Valkyn skoria instead of the bloodspawn. They are buffing it to do 9k meteors and 8% chance per dot tick. 3 dots = ~25% chance to proc. That's beastly.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch679 agreed. In all my undaunted keys turned in, skoria shoulders have never dropped. The helm dropped at VR4 for me back when I was leveling, and bought a shiny new CP160 one from the PvP vendor a while back, but never got the shoulders...
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been using 5H/2L bloodspawn with 5 magnus, 2 torugs and 3 willpower. Been working out alright but thinking of trialing Skoria if I can get the shoulders
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calboy wrote: »
    Been using 5H/2L bloodspawn with 5 magnus, 2 torugs and 3 willpower. Been working out alright but thinking of trialing Skoria if I can get the shoulders

Its not worth losing the ult gen imo, you're gonna lose a ton of sustain when you lose bloodspawn
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Its not worth losing the ult gen imo, you're gonna lose a ton of sustain when you lose bloodspawn

Good point. The whole reason I'm running magnus is for sustain reasons and it offers a bit of damage so no bloodspawn wouldn't work too well unless I switch to 3 trans but then I'm losing the damage from willpower. Haha bloody mdk builds are so frustrating.
  • CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    I run tavas favor. it's really nice for PvPing open world. It's a bit different playstyle but I recommend at least trying it.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run 5 silks of the sun, 5 kagrenacs heavy, 2 Valkyn skoria light. Dual wield/sword and shield. Love hitting consistant 6k non crits with flame lash while dots are ticking, meteors are falling, nailing players to the ground, and turning them into a rock. 1v1 it's ridiculous. 1vX it's okay, not the best that's for sure. If they fixed dragon blood though..... Woof.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    I run 5 silks of the sun, 5 kagrenacs heavy, 2 Valkyn skoria light. Dual wield/sword and shield. Love hitting consistant 6k non crits with flame lash while dots are ticking, meteors are falling, nailing players to the ground, and turning them into a rock. 1v1 it's ridiculous. 1vX it's okay, not the best that's for sure. If they fixed dragon blood though..... Woof.

Damn I'm jealous of you
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »

Damn I'm jealous of you

Spent way too much gold on that silks of the sun set lol. I bought both sharpened swords. Now I'm poor. Hahaha