Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Master Merchant Add-on - Memory Loss?

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
I just experienced my MM Addon loosing almost ALL data last nigh (before patch today). It saved some data for me, about 10-15 sales spread over the last 60 days. And on some items i can see stats for last 60 days. But for almost all items, my data is now just for 2 days, which seems to fit according to the reset of data i had.

As i think LUA memory might be at play, i just downloaded the LUA memory addon.

My question is; Is it possbile to recover? Dont want to wait several days / weeks to be able to make good deals on the market again.

Also, if anyone has experience in what causes this data loss, i would be happy to know!
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I can tell, MM keeps its data in folders in the Addons folder in My Documents (not at home to find the exact folder stucture), this has nothing to do with RAM or how much LUA Memory is allocated. The folders are marked MM1 to MM16 I think.

So, something was done to overwrite or replace those folders that hold the data. Shame as I don't think System Restore indexes those files (most things in My Documents are not indexed for recovery), but you could try a System Restore back 3 days and see what happens.
    Edited by Nestor on September 6, 2016 10:34PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info! Will check up on those files directory.
    PC - EU
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The addon goes into Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\ but the data goes into Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables\ with file names like MM00Data.lua through MM15Data.lua for the guild sale prices and MasterMerchant.lua for prices you listed items with previously.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    And on some items i can see stats for last 60 days. But for almost all items, my data is now just for 2 days, which seems to fit according to the reset of data i had.

So there is some 60 day data and some 2 day data.

Unless I am mistaken, the actual sales data is just a scan of your member guilds sales data. So even your own sales data is still sitting in your guild(s) history.

I'm not sure how long the guild history is actually held but at the minimum you should be able to do a manual refresh and get everything that is in your guilds as of today.

Back up those MMxx folders first just in case you don't get any better results than what you have. You can always past them back if you need to.

And of course for the future many of us back up our entire SavedVariables folders before every major patch.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great advices !

I checked, and it seems guildstore has 2 days worth of data. Will check my saved variables and make sure to backup!
    PC - EU