The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ISSUE: Destro Heavy Attack Targeting/Misses (No Shuffle)

SHOW
SHOW
✭✭✭
NOTE: See video, my targets DIDN'T PROC SHUFFLE and DIDN'T DODGEROLL. So please DON'T bring up those topics in this thread, thx!

Fellow ESOers,

Please help.

More often than I'd like, my Destro Heavy Attack misses the intended target:
  • Either it hits the wrong target (like it saved a previous target)
  • Or it just misses completely like it had no target at all (more troubling!)

This seems to be an issue with destro heavy attack targeting in PVP. Anyone experience this? Any workarounds? How do we report this?

See the video for a few examples:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xbpt7H1PIQw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xbpt7H1PIQw

FYI - This is on XBOX ONE PVP
Edited by SHOW on September 6, 2016 4:19AM
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Na ps4. Same thing is happening to me in maelstrom. Not so much the bad targeting. Definitely the straight misses with no Dodge indication
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Super annoying indeed. Not sure of any workarounds tbh, but I notice it most when there isn't perfectly even terrain.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also happens with bows.
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you locking the target before the heavy attack? But even if you didnt, thats straight up broken lol
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NA PC here. This doesn't just happen with heavy attacks. I constantly have input lag that makes any attacks weird, and even when they go off, attacks miss. Night after night, I've been standing next to multiple NPC targets spamming steel tornado and every now and then one will miss. It takes the server way too long to register that I hit the button in the first place though.

rip decibel
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive been having a lot of trouble with my destro and couldnt place my finger on what it was, turns out its this garbage, thanks zos
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the most annoying thing in the game for me right now
  • SHOW
    SHOW
    ✭✭✭
    How do we officially report this issue to ZOS?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this happens to me too in PvE & PvP
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this video. =D It must have taken quite a bit of work to make, so thank you. I hope this is reviewed by the devs @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Seratopia
    Seratopia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens to me on NA PS4 too! Very infuriating.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the collection video OP, it's been happening to me a lot lately as well.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can we get an update on this. Happened to me a few times yesterday. Ps4 NA
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_KaiSchober
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I randomly lose bow heavy attacks all the time without any dodge, the projectile is just gone. I love it.
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No update on glitchy combat mechanics, but enough about that trivial stuff. Did you get your Nord Towel costume from the New Life Festival? It's just so much fun!
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same issue with targeting I believe. Happens to me with 2h heavy attacks the should connect
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Also happens with bows.
    Kutsuu wrote: »
    I randomly lose bow heavy attacks all the time without any dodge, the projectile is just gone. I love it.

Yup.

In fact I have run into a very few select players in PVP that are seemingly unable to be hit, I animation cancel light attacks, medium weaves, heavies and virtually nothing lands regardless of whether they are actively using Shuffle or Dodge rolling.

I have started making heavy use of Soul Assault for this reason as it cannot miss as long as they are in range. My understanding is that basically they game is displaying them(both players and NPCs) in locations that they are actually not in, it allows you to launch your attack but then flies off to nowhere.

Another issue with this is launching projectiles at a target then watching as they spawn a pet of some sort(dwemer sphere etc) and the projectile appears to turn in flight and hit the pet instead of the target. Saves peoples lives like crazy.

It is extremely frustrating in PVP as it often feels like you are being cheated.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I switched to resto front bar on my mageblade. If I can't get the burst from destro heavies I want to have some advantage and front bar'ing my shields keeps me offensive
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still having issues with this. Now with the new update we need heavy attacks to function properly
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still wondering if this will be addressed.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has not, and is still happening
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is still an issue
  • Sleezly
    Sleezly
    ✭✭✭
    I use lightning heavies to avoid this type of problem.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert Can you guys look into this please?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    I play stamina characters, so I don't feel your pain, and I'm sorry this is happening to you guys.

But oh my god that video was hilarious! It's like the flames just do a 180 and go into oblivon. On a horse? Zing. In a chair? Zing.

Does it happen more often from stealth or is that irrelevant.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destro fire Heavy attack firing but not sticking has been a problem for as long as I can remember. May have started when they did the animation overhaul back in dark brotherhood.. There was a gigantic thread about the problems with the new animations started by nifty and multiple petitions to revert the changes, but i can't find it. In typical fashion Zos said they would look into it and never provided any further feedback. Add to the long list of bugs and broken functions Zos ignores with no communications. Either to lack of resources or incompetence. They never fixed the strife animation disfunction that still occurs.
    Edited by LegacyDM on October 13, 2017 4:49AM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's sad is it still isn't acknowledged even after a year of this thread. I've brought it up multiple times but just gets buried.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this issue on PC NA often, where if the targeting reticle isn't precisely on my target then the attack completely misses. Tab targeting helps, but if at any point they remove my targeting by cloak or using invisibi pots then I have to reapply tab targeting to hit them.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still have this issue on all weapons. DW being the worst.
  • Stoopid_Nwah
    Stoopid_Nwah
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it's been over a year and this still isn't addressed. Cool. Love seeing fireballs fire off into space.