The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Lack of communication when using Activity Finder

Dr_Ganknstein
Dr_Ganknstein
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone else hate it when you get into a group using the activity finder, with a bunch of people that aren't using any form of communication and don't know the boss mechanics and than quit when they can't beat the boss rather than utilize the group chat feature so they can communicate with the group and let me explain to them how to beat the boss?
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forgot to mention that I would like a filter where we can choose to only group with more sociable people and are not scared to use headsets to actually speak with other people.
  • Balticthunder
    Balticthunder
    ✭✭✭
    You know what, not everyone have empty private house or private room, many people play at late hours or at night, when others (family members) are sleeping not far from them, so they cant talk in mic.
    I use ingame chat for that purposes, but even then my wife wakes up angry because of loud noise i make by hammering on keyboard keys.
    PS. And I really don't like an idea of some, absolutely unknown to me, teenager screaming and swearing in my ears after every little mistake party could make in dungeon.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have never understood people in an MMO not using voice chat. It's like going to work without pants. Yes, it works, but in the end everyone thinks you're just annoying.
    Edited by Woeler on September 6, 2016 12:27PM
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what, not everyone have empty private house or private room, many people play at late hours or at night, when others (family members) are sleeping not far from them, so they cant talk in mic.
    I use ingame chat for that purposes, but even then my wife wakes up angry because of loud noise i make by hammering on keyboard keys.
    PS. And I really don't like an idea of some, absolutely unknown to me, teenager screaming and swearing in my ears after every little mistake party could make in dungeon.

That's ok with me but you can either listen in on group chat or use the text feature. I'm talking about playing on console btw. I've been in a group with high CP players that couldn't figure out boss mechanics and wouldn't use chat. I replaced them with random low level players that used communication and we easily completed the delves.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on September 6, 2016 1:42PM
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its actually oposite for me. I use group tool and try to communicate with people, telling them and explaining how to do the boss. But I get nothing back. Nothing. Not a single word the whole dungeon. Then final boss fungal grotto comes, and group whipes before 20 sec have passed. Then I explain how to do it, where to stand and where not to stand.. Then they do same thing all over again.. THATS where i get new members in my favorite guild called "ignore list".
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So how would not using communication fix that?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There has been a drop off in people communicating when using group finder. I don't mind if people wish to use text chat instead but at least start with a 'hi' or something so others know that you are paying attention if they need to communicate.

There is also an issue with the game not placing you in group chat when you use group finder. Even grouping up with a friend does not put us in group chat, we have to do it manually. Not sure if this is by design with the introduction of text chat or if it is a bag.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Forsakiin
    Forsakiin
    ✭✭✭
    I get these types of people a lot too. They die because they don't understand the mechanics of a boss, and then when I ask them in chat if they know what to do or not, they give me a blank stare and then turn around and aggro the boss for another wipe. They then leave the group and come out of it learning nothing. I don't understand what goes through the head of people like that, but they are a pain in the ass.
  • whoa_dammitub17_ESO
    Biggest pet peeve! Especially when it's your first run through a dungeon. Everyone has a first time......a little communication can make a big difference.
    Die in battle and go to Valhalla
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah the sound of crickets - so vexing. I play on PC. I would love for you to be able to hop on a voice chat chanell via the game instead of having to go into TS or Mumble or whatever and get everyone on the same chanell.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • IwakuraLain42
    IwakuraLain42
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It ain't as easy as you say, esp. on the EU servers. Few people use voice chat (Console) here because there is no common language and not everyone can or wants to speak English. It's even worse if you have Brits on your team because some of them have the most horrific dialects on earth;-)
  • VaniTealeaf
    VaniTealeaf
    ✭✭
    Also, nothing worse than doing vet dungeon for the first time and even after asking what the trick/mechanic was.......just nothing. Wish i had come across more people (like some of you above :) ) who don't mind explaining the mechanics!
    Communication when grouping helps to clear content with so much more ease, don't know why everyone goes mute.....if you can't use voip fine, but just text something....
    I mean a hello at some point will be awesome....so you know, i know you are a real person ;)
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least make sure everyone can speak the same language lol. I ONLY speak english and while its great seeing german and french guilds and players enjoying it too, we simply shouldnt be grouped.

I'm guessing theres no "english only" setting?
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I try to talk to people in the group as a way to entertain myself. I usually have my gf in the group with me and sometimes we will argue with each other in group chat just to see if we can get anyone to say anything at all. But I always at least try to say Hello, and thank you. But mostly get nothing.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done plenty of groups with just text chat. But, when I am in a group that does not respond at all to any text chat, whispers, says, tells, yells, or anything else, its just weird. I don't need a stream of text, but a simple, lets pull the mobs on the right first or get behind the boss or something would be nice.

If English is not their language, then at least a "no english" or something so I at least know.
    Edited by Nestor on October 12, 2016 2:59PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being on PS4 NA and only recently getting text chat, I often miss messages that people text because I am focusing elsewhere and not looking for it.

The other day we kicked a guy from our dungeon because he had died, didn't accept our res's and was not talking on group chat, while the rest of us were. It was only later, after his replacement typed something in text chat that I saw the guy had sent us a message saying he would be back in 5. We had given him a few minutes in case he DC'd but none of us saw his text chat message at the time.

I always make sure I am in group chat and will primarily use this form of communication. It takes me forever to type, you cannot text while dead and you (or should I say I) have to stop fighting to type. I can talk at any time, so that is what I will keep doing.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink."

Groups that don't communicate do worse than those that do, on average anyway. Try not to let a few bad goes get to you.