Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My fps performance is terrible, what to do?

Bandit1215
Bandit1215
✭✭✭
For the past couple of months my pc has had problems with extremely low fps basically everywhere and especially in cities and pvp. I am currently running a gtx 960 graphics card and was wondering if upgrading to the gtx 1060 would make a big difference. Im not great with technical pc stuff but I was looking a the nvidia website and it says the 1060 almost doubles the performance on most games. For the relatively low cost I was wondering if anyone who has the 1060 could tell me how well it runs eso and if it is worth the upgrade.
Edited by Bandit1215 on September 5, 2016 6:29PM
CP 561
  • vSO HM - Completed
  • vAA - Completed
  • vHRC - Completed

Best Answer

• SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its not your card OP, your card is way OP for this game, its their tech, not yours.

Dont confuse fps lag with latency, your card is very powerful, unless its bottlenecked by low end ram or a low end cpu, then your fine.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Answer ✓
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bandit1215 wrote: »
    For the past couple of months my pc has had problems with extremely low fps basically everywhere and especially in cities and pvp. I am currently running a gtx 960 graphics card and was wondering if upgrading to the gtx 1060 would make a big difference. Im not great with technical pc stuff but I was looking a the nvidia website and it says the 1060 almost doubles the performance on most games. For the relatively low cost I was wondering if anyone who has the 1060 could tell me how well it runs eso and if it is worth the upgrade.

seems no matter how stellar your rig is,people still remain to have issues. I'm running a 1070 card and get issues sometimes.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither the lag nor the low FPS have anything to do with your hardware ...
    shades.gif
  • Bandit1215
    Bandit1215
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Neither the lag nor the low FPS have anything to do with your hardware ...
    shades.gif

So what, it just runs like garbage for everyone? How about those streamers who seem to have no problems with FPS?
    CP 561
    • vSO HM - Completed
    • vAA - Completed
    • vHRC - Completed

• TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    I'd check your internet connection first, for speed and stability. Who's your ISP?