Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do we need to learn abah's watch crafting style or is it unlocked with DLC?

HaldaAinur
HaldaAinur
✭✭✭
Hi there!

I was crafting today and noticed I could craft a chest piece in the style of abah's watch/landing (correct me if I'm wrong), despite never having had a motif for said style, and was wondering if it was a DLC thing or a bug of some kind? The only thing I can think of resulting in this was purchasing a couple of light armor pieces for my sorc via a guild store, so I am a little confused. I have the TG dlc unlocked also. Thanks.
Edited by HaldaAinur on September 5, 2016 12:46PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll need to farm or buy the pages and learn it. It's not unlocked with DLC. And it looks great !

You get the pages by doing the Thieves Guild dailies from the message board (specifically the one called "the covetous countess").

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on September 5, 2016 12:47PM
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    That isn't my concern...I haven't learned this style yet. And yet it appears at the crafting station....so yes I am confused.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a general rule you can buy DLC items that are not bound (motifs, recipes) from other players which have it and have farmed it. For example even if you don't have Imperial City you can still buy Xyvilyn motif pages and Charcoal of Remorse from guild stores. Style material drops from undaunted daily random dungeon as well.
    Edited by Asardes on September 5, 2016 12:51PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, but I have not learned the actual style itself, which I assume would be needed to even be able to utilize the style material? No? And yet I can craft the chest and robe, which are the pieces I bought for my sorc (was on my alt when purchased, alt has apparently learned those two item styles).
    Edited by HaldaAinur on September 5, 2016 12:55PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaldaAinur wrote: »
    Yes, but I have not learned the actual style itself, which I assume would be needed to even be able to utilize the style material? No? And yet I can craft the chest and robe, which are the pieces I bought for my sorc (was on my alt when purchased, alt has apparently learned those two item styles).

You have never learned the style, yet you are able to craft ?? Are you sure ? Maybe you just unticked the filter box "knowledge required" so it appears in the UI but you still cannot craft...

Look at your achievements... what does it say there ? That's you've learned it or not ?
  • HaldaAinur
    HaldaAinur
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently I learned it somewhere, because it is ticked. I'm not sure if I picked it up and learned it somewhere, or what, or if this is just a random bug because I bought some stuff.