Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PTS patch notes question

JJBoomer
JJBoomer
✭✭✭✭✭
So I know one of the bigger questions I've seen asked about OT is how it will affect harvesting nodes. Well I saw this in the notes:

"- All harvest nodes now scale to your combat level or applicable crafting passive rank."

And maybe i'm just not comprehending well today, but is that the outcome everyone was fearing?
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    So I know one of the bigger questions I've seen asked about OT is how it will affect harvesting nodes. Well I saw this in the notes:

"- All harvest nodes now scale to your combat level or applicable crafting passive rank."

And maybe i'm just not comprehending well today, but is that the outcome everyone was fearing?

Yeah this will be a nightmare if you want to make low end gear... but then again what is the point of gear at all if you are battle leveled to cp160 wherever you go?
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »

Yeah this will be a nightmare if you want to make low end gear... but then again what is the point of gear at all if you are battle leveled to cp160 wherever you go?

So that would mean to make lower lvl gear, you would essentially need a low lvl alt? but as you said, whats the point. I was wondering more from a vender POV as selling mats is how I make almost all of my gold. So this would mean my main who is past cp160 will no longer be able to harvest lower level mats, correct?
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It won't be a nightmare to make low level gear. Just farm on the character that needs the gear.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No that is the outcome a FEW were lobbying against but ehich others see as wonderful change replacing an outdated geographically tied zone-mat deployment (ideal for a similar linear one path geographic level progression that no longer exists) with one that means anytime, anywhere all characters can harvest mats relevent to their character level or skill level, ie useable by or useable for that character.

Also, this change directly links for the overall game the number of mats of a given level added daily to the number of charscters of a given level and the number of characters of a given skill level who are harvesting. In other words, as the populations levels change and their gear needs change so do their numbers of given types of mats.

The vocal downside end of days lobby is seeming all about how those who spend time crafting forbothers (for pay in many cases) who wont be able to harvest mats to use, sell or charge for others IN THE EXACT SSME WAY they do now.

But for everyone else, its a windfall. Always relevent mats anyehere anytime is vast improvement.

Also, often left out, writs will whenever they dont provide surveys, give 25 pack lesser tier mats, adding another newcsource that master crafters orvany crafters can get.

That said, like they did with runes and enchants, i thinknsome lessening of the fix-mat-type-to-narrow-level by say allowing someone to produce lower level gear. Keep clicking the minus and gear level drops... but minimum amount used remains the same.

Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To compensate for this concerning outcome the lower-level materials will now be within Writ Rewards.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on September 3, 2016 6:30PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Riga_Mortis
    Riga_Mortis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need low level mats then you should have a low level character to farm those mats on anyway. Don't see what the problem is and am glad for the scaling of nodes .
    XBOX 1X
    GT - TAGNUTZ
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem as I see it is my low level characters are built solely for non vet PVP atm.........

Consequently I do not want to be running around gathering mats.....

Why?

Because running around gathering mats inevitably comes with gathering XP as well........

From lvl 10 to lvl 50 I want to gain as little xp as possible, as slowly as possible, I want to stay in Cyrodiil as long as possible!

Just my thoughts. :)

Edit:- Just to add I change my armour every 4-6 levels in non vet PVP so I use a lot of low level mats. Suppose I'm just going to have to save all my armour and re-use it, although one armour set is not necessarily good for all characters. Probably going to need a storage mule AGAIN!! Thought crafting bags had solved that problem. :(
    Edited by freespirit on September 3, 2016 6:58PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    The problem as I see it is my low level characters are built solely for non vet PVP atm.........

Consequently I do not want to be running around gathering mats.....

Why?

Because running around gathering mats inevitably comes with gathering XP as well........

From lvl 10 to lvl 50 I want to gain as little xp as possible, as slowly as possible, I want to stay in Cyrodiil as long as possible!

Just my thoughts. :)

Edit:- Just to add I change my armour every 4-6 levels in non vet PVP so I use a lot of low level mats. Suppose I'm just going to have to save all my armour and re-use it, although one armour set is not necessarily good for all characters. Probably going to need a storage mule AGAIN!! Thought crafting bags had solved that problem. :(

Not sure how you gather mats, but I can do so without gaining much XP.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you for all the input, though for the record, i am not opposing a change, but was merely curious as to how the change would change the harvesting system.
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am torn, mainly because I am a crafter... Having to spend that much more time to kill critters only to pick up my wares, is kind of annoying. As PVE player I like it though that they intend to enhance the replayability of the zones. But indeed I question how we provide enough low tier mats. Other than that I bet prices for Iron will explode in the future. Also for Orichalcum and everything before Veteran Levels... What entirely has been missed though is that the zones STILL are telling their story in a linear fashion.
    Edited by Pendrillion on September 4, 2016 11:20AM