The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

question about nirn drops in crag

PKLdude
PKLdude
✭✭✭
I have been trying to find and i cant seem to get a clear answer. So i am just wondering what drops nirn, not gear but the crafting item to give gear nirnhoned? I thought it came from a chance when you harvested, then some have said the welwa drop it too. What are the chances of getting it, or the drop rate?
  • Rage_Killin
    Rage_Killin
    ✭✭✭
    Crags getting a rework anyway so I wouldn't focus too much on this. Just farm your heart away you'll find some!
  • PKLdude
    PKLdude
    ✭✭✭
    crags getting a rework? but what exactly gives the chance to get a nirn?
  • biovitalb16_ESO
    biovitalb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PKLdude wrote: »
    crags getting a rework? but what exactly gives the chance to get a nirn?

RNG, RNG determines everything in ESO.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a quest that you have to do in order for it to drop? In 1.5 years on console I have obtained exactly 1 piece of it and it was so long ago I'm not even sure how I got it. I actually sold it last week.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    since no one gave u an answer... u have a chance at getting nirn from crafting nodes ...such as void stone, void bloom, nightwood and supposedly from welwas since they give shadow hide ( although i have yet to get one from welwas )
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on September 2, 2016 4:50PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • DirtySmeegs33
    DirtySmeegs33
    ✭✭✭
    Any node that drops mats that you could use the nirncrux on (in other words, anything that's not a consumable) heavy, medium and light armor plus woodworking nodes.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PKLdude wrote: »
    So i am just wondering what drops nirn, not gear but the crafting item to give gear nirnhoned? I thought it came from a chance when you harvested, then some have said the welwa drop it too.

It Drops in Both Upper and Lower Craglorn. Nice thing is you can do a farming lap by pretty much sticking to the main road that circles the zone and avoid most mobs up there. Although, the more you expand your area, the more nodes you will have.

Voidstone, Void Bloom, Nightwood all drop Nirn.

Any animal that drops Shadowhide will drop Nirn, so Wewlas and Imps up there will drop it. Those big Wamasu like critters too if your of a mind to farm them. Not sure what other animals drop hides up there.

The chance to get a Nirn is around 1%, although sometimes the RNG curve is fat for you and you can get a 5% drop rate if your lucky. Note, if you do seem to be getting them at a higher than 1% rate, do nothing to rezone, including going into a Delve up there or you might lose the nice RNG factor. Farm until your butt goes to sleep and your hands cramp if your getting a good drop rate.

Anyway, nothing else drops Nirn, not Alchemy nodes, not Enchanting nodes.

Prices have dropped on the material in the guild stores, so that is a another way to go. Farm public dungeons for Gold and loot to sell for Gold and go buy them.

Edited by Nestor on September 2, 2016 4:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• KaleidoscopeEyz
    KaleidoscopeEyz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your best bet to get it is to drop your crafter ranks for blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking to 9 so you get Craglorn surveys from your writs. I would usually get a piece of nirn on every other survey.
  • Ferrofluid
    Ferrofluid
    ✭✭✭
    The gargoyles in Hel Ra have a chance to drop nirncrux as well, not sure about the ones in the overworld though.
    a.k.a. Aps
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jackals also drop it on occasion

• Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten nirn gear drops in Craglorn, but it has been quite awhile since the last one.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • enogas
    enogas
    Soul Shriven

[/quote] Not True. I have gotten many nirn from Alchemy Nodesin Crag.

• Articulemort
    Articulemort
    ✭✭✭
    enogas wrote: »

Not True. I have gotten many nirn from Alchemy Nodesin Crag.

[/quote]

PICS or it didn't happen!

I pick up everything in craglorn when I'm farming. I've easily picked up 1000 of each alchemy flower that spawns in craglorn, never once have I picked up nirncrux with it. My buddy has probably farmed 10 times the amount I have in craglorn, same thing.

And yes welwas can and do drop nirncrux, but it seems the rate for that to happen is much lower then it is from a crafting node. In the year I've been playing on Xbox, ive never got one from a welwa, but my buddy has, once.
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have heard that it drops from welvas and anything else that will drop leather scraps (even heavy sacks) but I farmed a lot for it and have only ever seen it come from Equipment crafting nodes (void bloom, void stone, night wood) myself.

But doing writs in Craglorn for the surveys is the very best way to get them. I keep a character at 9/10 crafting to this very thing.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of the 50 or 60 Nirns I have farmed in this game, I have only gotten one from an Animal. It surprised me when it happened. I think it is more that there are just less animals up there to kill, or that most farmers avoid the animals.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"