Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Am I trying to do too much?

happymaarit
happymaarit
✭✭✭
Hey :)

I really like almost every thing in the game so far, gathering resources, crafting, hirelings, thieving, fishing and fighting.
But the [SNIP] skill points are so hard to place and way too few. :smiley:

Now I got to the point when I can't make next level gear because I don't have found flax or oak, so off to Stormhaven to gather and now the evil ppl on that map want to kill me! So mean!

Anyway, is it possible to try to do everything from start or should I just level up, use gear that I find along the way and just research and deconstruct?

[Edited for Profanity]
Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on September 2, 2016 2:50PM

Best Answers

• Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you try to do all of the crafts while leveling you'll find you are very low on skillpoints. When you get to endgame you'll have plenty of skillpoints to spread around. I would just decon and research and only make gear every 5 - 10 levels. You can also see if someone will make you gear. What platform and server are you on?
    PC/EU DC
    Answer ✓
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to do it all as well, and struggled. But I had a small guild of real life mates - so we picked crafts and just worked on ours (passing all the mats / decon gear to those people to help them level.)

I picked Provisoning, Alchemy and Enchanting, and worked on those - BUT did also Decon gear in the others in batches. I got to L50 in Metal / Wood / Cloth and had hardly made a single peice (and had zero points commited) - then at end game I revisited once I had loads of skill points and became a master crafter. by putting all the points in and doing daily writs to farm the mats etc

As the game progresses you will have more skill points that you know what to do with. but phases during leveling it becomes hard. really hard. Do shard runs - and clear the zone as you go, that helps - and ensure you get the ones for main quest and the 3/4 per zone for alliance quest.

If you can join a friendly guild who could make you gear (just to free up your points etc)

Set gear DOES really help you out, but only update every 8-10 levels or so. And dont bother to improve it too far (blue at best) set gear gives free boosts from the set. A nice guild would make you a set of low level stuff for free i'm sure (we do that in our small guild)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Answer ✓
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I actually really love to do all the content, I have done every quests on the maps except the group dungeons, not figured that out yet :blush:

Welcome to the game. :sweat_smile: (aka - kiss your free time good bye)

Regarding your OP, the interesting thing about this game is you can scale as quickly or slowly as you want, though you'll need help to do so quickly.

The hardest part for a new player is the bag and bank size. Ridiculously small when truly starting a new game, it gets tough to carry those non-white pieces back for deconstructing, let alone all the various foods, runes, and plants for those other three skills.

The game looks to focus on a 2/1 balance, where you'll pick 2 of the crafting skills and one of the consumable skills. If you're playing a tank, then this could be 1/2, where two consumable skills are chosen since only only really needs blacksmith.

Trying to do all 6, even with an established new character (2nd which is started after the first has been built up and has tons of resources/bank space to share), it's a difficult task.

Good news: once you hit level 50, the other skills you've left behind are much easier to develop, though you will grind for a while.

As for dungeons, it's best to have chat/headset and try to "recruit" people to take one on. Standing by entrances can help, but this takes a bit more time. You can always head to a popular area in each city and enter area chat to get people who may want to help.

Just remember one thing: the dungeon scales at the leader, so if you're 25, you don't want a CP 103 leading, as you'll not have a good time.

Other than that, the rest is for you to learn. :smiley:
    Answer ✓
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which OS are you / region?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on ps4, eu server and I just joined a guild that feels really nice, they said they help but I feel bad bothering as a newbie lol
    I tried to trade gear with another in the guild to decon, but I got more from doing the gear I steal, guessing the items need to be at a certain level... :/

And now I saw that my cursing signs in the last post turned into the word SNIP o.O
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    And I actually really love to do all the content, I have done every quests on the maps except the group dungeons, not figured that out yet :blush:
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, well, after three days I got the ESO crafting bag, it just was full before I gott from the shrine to next quest, it took forever to do them running back to the bank all the time LOL

I have been trying to find a Ps4 social guild that has Web page or Facebook to hang in and learn some secrets from others, but I can't find any on the recruiting pages on the forum that isn't doing the end game stuff, I hope some will pop up eventually :smile:
  • Lexifer452
    Lexifer452
    ✭✭
    Depends on whether or not this is your first character or not. If so I would just play throw the starting alliance zones and explore at your leisure. Do the main quests, the npc guild quests, gather resource nodes as you see them but save the crafting leveling for later. That said it can't hurt to research when available and gather materials at any given opportunity. Use the gear you find along the way. For the main story and what not item sites and the like are not a necessity.
    On my main character for instance I have approx. 270-280 skill points. More than enough for all class skills and passives, two weapon trees filled and all my crafting maxed out not to mention most guild skill trees cherrypicked as needed with about 5-7 points left over.

To the point if you use your skill points for more crafting than you currently need your going to be horribly underpowered to get through main story adequately.
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it is my first @Lexifer452 and I noticed that I am too weak.
    Any point in putting in one point on the hirelings now or should I wait with those too?