Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

info on mats

Rhaegar75
Rhaegar75
✭✭✭✭✭
hi guys,
I finally reached the stage when I may afford end game gear but I'm clueless with regards to what and how many mats are required. Is there a site that could offer a breakdown of all the necessary stuff?

Many thanks
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruby ash for 160cp staves/shield
    Rubedite Ore for Heavy armor/metal weapons
    Ancestor silk for light armor
    Rubedo Leather for medium armor.....
    Just keep in mind for 160cp gear the mat requirements are ALOT ... for ONE 1 handed sword its about 110/120 mats needed ( some where around there ) and mat amounts can get up to i believe it was 140/160... all in all though... ur looking at around 130-160 mats for EACH piece of armor
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on September 2, 2016 1:52PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    best places to farm for these is wrothgar/hews bane ( hews bane is better imo )
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks wolf. So it could be broken down (roughly) as follows:
    • 120 to 150ish rubedite something for armours and weapons
    • whatever stone is required for the trait
    • tempers to reach epic level

is that it?

lol....got a looooooong way to go!!!
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    about that yeah... i think its 130 for the small pieces ( armor wise ) and 150/160 for bigger pieces ... yeah its a LOOOONG haul for mats ... but you can gather them fairly quickly in hews bane

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP150 Purple Armor and CP160 Gold Weapons is your first goal. The difference in weapons is huge, the difference Armor is Meh. That will serve you well until you can farm the mats for the armor. It also allows you try different gear at lower mat cost, as long as you don't take things to gold for your armor.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    def agree with @Nestor ... the jump from CP150 to CP160 gear mat wise is 10X the amount .... so it would be alot easier to get CP150 gear first ... and then keep a note of how many mats u need to farm up and then gather as u go

• SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I luv me some charts, and I didn't get any good hits in Google so I ran a quick look at the tables.

I'll prob add this to my Crafting Tips posts when needed. it's raw so if feel free to suggest any better formatting. it should be self-explanatory but I'll add more headers if needed.

And it expands if clicked on in my FF v48.02 let me know if it doesn't.

craftmat.jpg

Edited by SpAEkus on September 2, 2016 10:00PM