Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trying to level up

Da_Nutz
Da_Nutz
Hey all.
I'm currently level 16 and trying to level up, but it's going really slowly!
Have rinsed my monthly data allowance in 2 days watching vids at work with lots of helpful tips but are all written by high level players who have the stuff noobs don't.
If there is anyone looking for someone to go grinding with drop me a message as it really helps having someone with you.
Also trying to get training gear to wear/research. I'll pay what I've got and happy to trade if have something you're looking for.
I'm ps4 DC. Play eu server but online 10pm-2am so don't know if can switch with my character to NA server to find more people on at my time?
Please get in touch if interested or feeling generous and willing to help :-)
Edited by Da_Nutz on August 31, 2016 10:55PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you adverse to Questing? As you do the stories for each zone, you will level up to L45 to L50 by the time you finish the 5th zone. With Training Armor, you can even skip most of the side quests.

If your just looking to grind, then I think he has all 3 alliances covered, find yours and find the grind spots and run patterns. Daggerfall is Linked

https://rakashieso.wordpress.com/2014/04/19/complete-daggerfall-covenant-1-50-power-leveling-guide/
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Da_Nutz
    Da_Nutz
    Cheers for the helpful and prompt response, it is appreciated. I found some of the quests were taking ages so was looking to grind. I read that post and got myself up to lev 16 but now I've hit lev 16 I've had to move to the storm haven zone 1 to get the xp, but feel a bit like Elmer Fudd trying to stalk single targets as getting a kicking when there is 3 of them!
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm only lol 30 myself and your right about moving to a new zone and getting owned. But I find that the exciting bit. I tend to just go off exploring and map a new zone, see what the creatures are like and pick up mats for crafting. Then I go back to start the 'black' locations and follow the stories. Lvling up in no time this way but learning at the same time. Think I'd get bored if I just went out grinding mobs.
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, just play the game. Grinding is really short sighted. It becomes boring fast and you rush past decent content to be end game and find there is less content. Just enjoy it.

I get grinding for an Alt as you fancy a new class at CP but otherwise it wil make the game dull for you.

put it this way even if you level fast you will still need skyshards, lore books, materials to craft with so you have to explore anyway! Do the main quest and your aliance questline for the skill points and just run everywhere, you'll get there
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Da_Nutz
    Da_Nutz
    Cheers for the opinions and advice. I kind of got fed up having to ride back and forth for quests. It seemed to be taking ages and didn't really seem to be levelling up, but now I think about it I wonder if was because the level of the quests were below me? Would you recommend still going back and doing ones 8 levels lower to get them struck off or just target ones around my level and kick off from there?
    As for sky shards I only recently realised what they were and hunted them all down using a sky shard map online for the 1st region. As the advice I am getting is forget about grinding I'll just try and get training gear, do small stints grinding as like the fighting and when gets repetitive head back and do a quest to break it up.
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    Don't bother doing quests that your way overleveled for. I think 5 levels is the max you should do. You shouldn't be "riding back and forth" to do quests. The story quest line in each zone will typically take you from one side of the zone to the other and you can pick up side quests that you find as you go along.