Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are quests a viable way to level my CP or do they give little to no xp at higher levels?

Deathgiggle
Deathgiggle
✭✭✭
I hit 50 a few days ago and have been just doing some dungeons but I want a change of pace. There are a ton of quests out there and I was wondering if they give any decent xp towards your CP? I'm currently CP78 and I'm going to finish the main story quests as well as going around and getting all the lore books and skyshards but should I even bother with low level quests at this point?
I'm just wondering if say a level 35 quest will do anything for me?
  • AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    Not to sure about the level 35 quests but i know if you're in Cadwell silver area you gain a heap of xp for CP's. I average 1 CP for 2 quests, so i think this is fast
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes you will still earn good xp from quests, but none from the fights.
    & All that's about to change when One Tamriel comes out, you'll get decent xp for EVERYTHING you do.
    B)
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ones that are way below your level won't really be worth doing for the XP, partly because you won't get any XP for anything you fight along the way. Ones that show as being level 50 will generally give pretty good XP. For the ones that are way below your level, I'd advise that you ignore them for now, but go back to them when One Tamriel drops, because then they'll be at your level and you'll get more XP for them.
    Edited by UrQuan on August 31, 2016 10:40PM
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing just the Main Quests for the Silver and Gold zones, I gained 30 to 40 CPs, at 730,000 points each on average. I was enlightened for most of it, so that could have an impact. I hit 3 or 4 Public Dungeons and most of the Dolmens and that was about it. Ignored all the Delves and World Bosses. Now, I go back to those zones on that character and I can hit a delve or 3 and get nice experience for those too. Also, clearing all the Public Dungeons gives nice EXP the first time through, like a Champ Point per dungeon for the first clear.

So, the quests have tons of experience. And, they can be fun too.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kyye
    Kyye
    ✭✭✭
    One Tamrial is supposed to resolve this I would imagine. Battle leveling you in each zone should deem the appropriate xp. I honestly don't know much about One Tamrial but that seems logical... Though this game isn't based around logic....

Edit; i forgot to mention that Cyrodiil uses this system and have daily quests that are excellent sources for reliable xp gainz
    Edited by Kyye on September 1, 2016 5:15AM
    XBL GT: CWB Hempire
    Bright moons guide your steps.