The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

chance to miss but no chance to hit?

kaithuzar
kaithuzar
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Something I've often wondered & wanted to ask is why is it that there are many things, whether it's gear (hist bark?) or abilities shuffle, double take, which allow players to increase the chance of attacks missing them but there is no gear or ability for increasing the chance that your attacks will land & hit them?
This is one thing that, in my opinion, makes stamina really over powered right now because as a magicka melee nightblade my concealed strike consistently misses my opponents whom are often stamina users, using shuffle or other ways of increasing their dodge chance.
Edited by kaithuzar on August 31, 2016 5:45PM
Member of:
Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
Just Chill - Crown's house
GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
Legend - Siffer fan boy club
TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
Purple - hamNchz is my hero
Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler

Something I've often wondered & wanted to ask is why is it that there are many things, whether it's gear (hist bark?) or abilities shuffle, double take, which allow players to increase the chance of attacks missing them but there is no gear or ability for increasing the chance that your attacks will land & hit them?
    This is one thing that, in my opinion, makes stamina really over powered right now because as a magicka melee nightblade my concealed strike consistently misses my opponents whom are often stamina users, using shuffle or other ways of increasing their dodge chance.

Should be a CP star or skill that counters dodge chance.
    Could be cool to have but still want dodge, shield and other dmg mitigations reviewed for the general imbalance effort.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is an underlying chance to hit already in the game. If you take a low level player against a high level mob, most of your attacks don't land. Its not a Dodge chance either as on level, these mobs are just as hittable as any other.

I think once you have level parity with mobs, then your hit chance is pretty much 100%, less any Dodge the mob or enemy has.

Of course this does not apply to other players. And, I don't know what the skill level of the weapon has to do with this, if it has anything to do with it. So, it would be easy to test if you have a weapon your not skilled to use.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    better give some skills the ability to be undogeable. there are allready a few, like beams, still cant understand why
    Zos has "fixed" a few sklills a while ago. it was fine that rolldogers or shuffle users couldnt doge a dks lash or other skills.
    remember, doge is most likly stamina exclusive since doge cost stamina and magicka users cant waste it on this.
    with the "fixed" magicka doesnt have anything left to realy hurt dogers

Edited by BuggeX on August 31, 2016 7:59PM
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuggeX wrote: »
    better give some skills the ability to be undogeable. there are allready a few, like beams, still cant understand why
    Zos has "fixed" a few sklills a while ago. it was fine that rolldogers or shuffle users couldnt doge a dks lash or other skills.
    remember, doge is most likly stamina exclusive since doge cost stamina and magicka users cant waste it on this.
    with the "fixed" magicka doesnt have anything left to realy hurt dogers

Which is why Radiant Destruction is being used so often. You can fire off 2-3 spells that will probably miss, or 1 that definitely won't.
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, there was a time when concealed strike or surprise attack were not dodge-able (like through dodge roll), but now I consistently miss; maybe 60-70% of my attacks.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    neither dodge nor magicka shields have any real counter play. however, the latter has shield breaker and shattering blows from the cp tree -- balance there is considered welcome.
    Edited by Metemsycosis on August 31, 2016 8:40PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • BuggeX
    BuggeX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    neither dodge nor magicka shields have any real counter play. however, the latter has shield breaker and shattering blows from the cp tree -- balance there is considered welcome.

doge and shufle is beeing used from all stamina classes no matter wath setup or gear they use.

shilds are only used from sorcs
    shilds are uselles on azuras without bastion
    #makemagickadkgreataigan
    #givemeaexecute
    #ineedheal
    #betterhotfixgrindspots
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    healing ward is useless?
    I didn't consider non-cp, but in cp-campaigns i make harness magicka and healing ward staple-defenses for my magicka characters. i play a stamnb and there's something fishy about shuffle. why doesn't double take work the same way?but yeah, a direct counter is considered welcome
    Edited by Metemsycosis on August 31, 2016 9:01PM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile