Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Siege shield not morphed - Support(bugged or normal behaviour)

Jimboo84
Jimboo84
✭✭✭
Does anyone know if this is a bug?

I've been playing ESO with my main Sorc char since its release.
Now I'm bugged with the fact that I have my Support skills morphed after skill Siege Shield, but Siege Shield doesn't seem to progress, even though I'm using it a lot.

I don't know how to improve this faster. With other skills trees I don't have any issues like the sequence of morphing.
Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siege shield does not level when you use it, it levels when you get experience while having it slotted, same as any other skill.

Try slotting it just before you hand in a quest, see if the skill's progress bar increases. If it doesn't (and is below level IV) then you got a bug.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    Siege shield does not level when you use it, it levels when you get experience while having it slotted, same as any other skill.
    agree.gif
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people don't understand that skills on your back bar don't gain XP. By which I mean that the XP earned "funnel" to the skills on the bar that is active when you gain the XP. If I turn in a quest with bar one equipped, those skills benefit. If I swap to bar two, then it goes to those.

Are you maybe playing w/ siege shield on a back bar where it's barely ever getting XP?

Also, this is maybe the slooooooowest skill to level in the game. When I level it on my characters (because I do for all my pvp-ers, just in case) I put it on my active bar while running PVE. Yes, it's a wasted slot. But this will level it five million times faster.

Also, if you make sure to earn your daily enlightenment with it on your bar, enlightenment is about 800% XP. Undaunted, Wrothgar, Gold Coast, etc, dailies are about 75k XP for quest turn ins when enlightened. Have siege shield on the bar when you turn those in, it will still take weeks, but it will level.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    It takes a LOOOOOOT of time to level up siege shield comparing to other skills.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I level mine by stopping before turning in a quest and putting the ability on my front bar to get the xp . I wish ZOS would just make xp apply to both bars as this is just tedious .