The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Give two-handed weapons +1 set slot?

• STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ygdrad wrote: »
    STEVIL wrote: »
    *snip*

You're looking at it the wrong way. if increasing the number of options wont change the number of builds in play then the fact that only a few builds see play in the meta is a problem and shouldn't be used as an argument against having more options. Plus, not everyone will be using the same 2-3 meta builds, most people just having fun enjoying the game won't. Not everyone is looking for the same thing in their builds, and not everyone just grabs the top build floating around the internet to play.

If there's no diversity in the meta then the problem is with the current meta/balance. With everyone being able to get 12 set pieces build diversity WOULD increase outside of these few problematic builds.

No... you missed the point. changing the set counts will change the sets in play it will reduce it because all those choosing sets "for the bonuses" or for the efficiency will gravitate towards the few "best of" there are within their "scale of gear".

Right now, those using one type of gear (11 set bonus gear) are having to use the "best of" the sets that work well with that restriction. Similarly, others are using the ones better suited to the 12 set bonuses. that restriction causes some degree of diversity. Remove the restriction and the fewer "better sets" all now draw fom one pool and apply to all customers for whom effectiveness is the key.

On the other hand, in either case whichever way there will always be those for whom the set bonuses dont matter and so they will choose for whatever reasons drive them,

And regardless, those using master/mael are relatively unaffected either way since those us ether own accounting.

lets look at it this way, if we added tomorrow 1000 new sets "geared for 2h/bow/staff" and 999 of them were worse than the ones now but one was clearly better than the ones now - thats a crap ton of options but the "diversity" would go down, not up.

the more you make the options the same for everybody, the less diversity you have and frankly the significance of the choices made goes down.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Triddle
    Triddle
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like this because it would let me complete my ice staff tanking build in a satisfying way. As it is currently though there's more variety - some have 11 slots, some have 12. Making everyone have 12 will homogenize the play space, which is in some sense inherently bad.

From my own biased perspective, I'd love if they brought in books, or something to go offhand with staffs, so I could have the 12 slots for the my icestaff build and the other 2h users could continue to suffer with 11. What fun.

Ultimately it's just not going to happen, ZOS value the variety of choices available to players (with good reason) and homogenizing the available set slots would fly in the face of this.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only diversity of 11slots is that either people use them on backbar, dont have 3 bonuses or use clever alchemist.
    In short, the diversity is as good as having only one arm.