The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why is Snare so effective on all my characters? Including Fear?

AnviOfVai
AnviOfVai
✭✭✭✭✭
I have a Sorc, DK,Temp and Nightblade, and no matter what I seem to get Snared or "Feared" and I can't get out of it. I get completely stuck and then instantly killed. Last night I was on my Yellow sorc and I got feared. They didn't attack me and continued to attack others. I pretty much ran off in the other direction with no control and not being able to snap out of it until the effect was over... My stam on my DK and Temp are pretty high and yet these guys still struggle to get out of any of these effects...Anyone else having any issues, or is there something I'm missing. Thanks! :)
"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
DC - Templar - Tank - 160
DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find fear exactly the same. As a Sorc I just thought it was my meager stamina but I made sure when I tried it I had resource. Ans all my guildies say the same even Stam builds.

It feels like the CC is broken, and I've seen quite a few posts saying the same thing. Out of interest are you PC or Xbox?

It's an annoying over used skill anyway I just hope it is bugged and not intended.
    Edited by Beardimus on August 31, 2016 12:39PM
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be that the person is using a Ravage Stamina pot, increasing the cost of your stamina 'abilities' by 60%, meaning even though it looks like you have enough to CC break, you actually don't as a magicka user with such a small stamina pool.

I don't believe fear is bugged as I have no problems breaking out of it on my stamina builds, and magicka builds if I resist the urge to dodge roll everywhere.
    Edited by Voxicity on August 31, 2016 12:42PM
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I find fear exactly the same. As a Sorc I just thought it was my meager stamina but I made sure when I tried it I had resource. Ans all my guildies say the same even Stam builds.

It feels like the CC is broken, and I've seen quite a few posts saying the same thing. Out of interest are you PC or Xbox?

It's an annoying over used skill anyway I just hope it is bugged and not intended.

I cant imagine everyone who is a nightblade using the ravage stamina pot, even on my stam nightblade I can't break it, and she is stamina based! I have thought about throwing some of my champion points into a *get out of snare* section.. but I can't really afford to waste them when im only at 332.

I'm actually on PS4. The laggy side of Cyrodiil normally. :)
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I have a Sorc, DK,Temp and Nightblade, and no matter what I seem to get Snared or "Feared" and I can't get out of it. I get completely stuck and then instantly killed. Last night I was on my Yellow sorc and I got feared. They didn't attack me and continued to attack others. I pretty much ran off in the other direction with no control and not being able to snap out of it until the effect was over... My stam on my DK and Temp are pretty high and yet these guys still struggle to get out of any of these effects...Anyone else having any issues, or is there something I'm missing. Thanks! :)

I thought I was the only one with this issue.
    Can't break-out of this snare, even when I've enough Stamina.

I guess it's bugged, because before I could break-out of it.
    PC-EU.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU