The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Leveling all six proffesions

SameMeteor26
SameMeteor26
✭✭✭
I would like to level up all my proffesions to max. Any advice is welcomed. Just post your favorite guides or just tell me how to. Your choice really. JUST NEED TO KNOW THE BEST WAY TO GET ALL THE PROFFESSIONS MAX.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Easy way to level alchemy if you don't care what each reagent does: Buy a ton of Water Hyacinth and Wormwood. They are common so will be fairly cheap.

For clothing, woodworking and blacksmithing: Decon everything you find.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you mean crafts lol but yeah one of the best ways is to get someone to help you. You get MUCH more inspiration deconstructing/extracting equipment and glyphs someone else made.

Alchemy and Provisioning are easy enough to do alone though if you have enough materials.

Also if you have at least 89 Champion Points you can use Inspiration Boost. Orcs also earn more Inspiration than other races.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 31, 2016 3:25AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • ESO+ gives +10% enlightenment
    • The Inspiration Boost champion passive gives +20% enlightenment
    • Daily crafting writs reward you with enlightenment
    • For the equipment skills deconstruct everything you find
    • For alchemy and provisioning acquire a bunch of ingredients and craft like crazy
    • Also for alchemy and provisioning, keep putting in skill points as you level up and craft the highest-level items you can
    • For enchanting find a buddy (or use an alt) and create / trade / deconstruct glyphs
    • Also good for enchanting to create the highest level glyphs possible, higher quality glyphs help too

BONUS: Start researching traits yesterday.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to level up all my proffesions to max. Any advice is welcomed. Just post your favorite guides or just tell me how to. Your choice really. JUST NEED TO KNOW THE BEST WAY TO GET ALL THE PROFFESSIONS MAX.

Collect every skyshard and Skill Point from the starter Island through Cadwells Silver and Gold.
    Prioritize putting skill points into the ones you actually use (for example wood can usually wait for a stamina build)
    Deconstruct everything you've already researched.
    Buy Glyphs from guild traders and deconstruct them to get Enchanting from level 30 to 50
    Pick every flower you see and when you have enough around level 45, then do all your Potion Discovery at one sitting so you only have to track what you know and don't know once.
  • WldKarde
    WldKarde
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wise words from the people who have responded!

My 2 cents....all of the above....and while you are doing that...just enjoy the game!

Believe it or not, they will level themselves as you enjoy the journey ;)
    PC NA
    Characters formally known as Veteran 16:
    Wldkarde, Sir WldKarde , Lil-Miss WldKarde,
    Dame WldKarde Stamplar "Master Angler" "Main" ,
    Shady WldKarde, WldKarde"s Bacon, Jaded WldKarde,
    River Wldkarde
    18 Master Anglers so far
    "Dames and Sirs, take my advice, pull down your pants...and slide on the ice!" Slightly adjusted quote of Dr. Sidney Friedman from M*A*S*H
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WldKarde wrote: »
    Wise words from the people who have responded!

My 2 cents....all of the above....and while you are doing that...just enjoy the game!

Believe it or not, they will level themselves as you enjoy the journey ;)

This is true according to my experiences as well. Or at least mostly true.

All but enchanting. That one required a focused effort outside of the normal routine of adventuring for me to master.
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much more important than "leveling up" (which can be done easily by deconstructing whatever you find) blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking is researching traits!
    Start with Precise and Sharpened for weapons, Infused and Divines for the rest. And make sure you put Skill Points into Metallurgy/Stitching/Carpentry as soon as you can!

Prioritize items you're gonna use.. e.g. for magicka classes focus on light armour, and maybe heavy chest/medium guards (there's a skill giving a % bonus to magicka+health+stamina if you wear like 5 light + 1 heavy + 1 medium armour).
    Shoulders and Helmets are low priority, there are Monster Sets you will want to use.

Impenetrable on armour might be interesting if you're into PVP.

..that's only some hints for the beginning. Once you've learned 4-6 traits per item slot you should be a lot more into the game to have a better understanding and should be able to advance on your own. ;)
    Edited by psxfloh on September 2, 2016 2:07PM
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For clothing, woodworking and blacksmithing, buy some intricate or ask in guild if someone has some high level pieces gear of equipment with the intricate trait to decon.

Alchemy, craft potions/poisons, make sure to use the highest solvent for your current level (water/oil).

Provisioning, make sure to grab some blue recipes, ingredients en masse, and start cooking, when you can, start cooking the blue recipe, instead of fishy sticks. Make sure to use the highest recipe quality that you can craft with your level of skill (e.g. you have enough skill to craft recipe for lvl45, stop using the one for lvl30 and start using that one). Blue food gives more xp than green, purple food gives more than blue, but the ingredients cost more, so, it's better to just stick to the blue recipe. There is no difference between food and drinks, they give the same xp, so, doesn't matter what you find, as long as it's blue and for your current skill level.

Enchanting, don't even bother to make stuff, just decon every glyph you find, and, if possible, ask friends to craft you high level glyphs to decon.

Enchanting and Alchemy, every time you discover an ingredient property or a rune property, you get extra xp, so, make sure you use different kinds of runes and, at least one time, all the ingredients. Also, failed potions give no xp, make sure to use ingredients that can make a potion, try to google a list of ingredients/runes traits.

Alchemy is very easy to level up, especially now that you have ingredients for poisons as well. There is no difference between potions and poisons, they give the same xp, but, meh, dunno, maybe you can try to sell the poisons you make, so, there's that.

Also, make sure to do the daily writs, they give xp as well as monies.

Happy trail.

PS- When you ask people to make you stuff, remember to provide ingredients and mats necessary.

And, yes, traits for weapons/armor are important, more important than the skill itself, because the custom sets require a number of traits for the piece you want to make (e.g. a Hunding Rage chest piece will require you to have 6 traits for chests pieces). The whole point of leveling up crafting skills is to make high level crafted sets, and it takes forever to research, unless you're ESO+, and even then, it can take up to 30 days (real time) to research a single trait, so, yeah, as the guy above me said, start ASAP.

Edited by Aisle9 on August 31, 2016 7:08AM
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the advice here is good. I leveled enchanting, alchemy, provisioning as I needed all the above and they fit with my main being a Sorc. I had a mate focus on armour weapons so we were both covered.

Over time I deconned everything I found, and actually had the clothing / armour / wood to L50 only a month after the other three. As everyone said tho, start researchint traits. I didn't and it's pain full. Also then once completed you can respec and take the points out the passive,big help
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • TheUrbanWizard
    TheUrbanWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just about to level up my alchemy then I'll have them all at 50. Got stacks of flowers, water etc, I'm not even gonna sell my 130 columbine, though I was tempted a while back when my gold was running low lol
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For enchanting: buy the materials for cp 100 to 150 blue frost damage glyphs and give them to a friend to build the glyphs for you.

It will save you weeks of deconstructing loot glyphs. Even better are purple glyphs, if you have collected a lot of rekuta. Those aspect glyphs are useless anyway, only kuta is needed later on.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Clothing, blacksmithing, and woodworking: buy a crap ton of intricates to break down or pick up any you get and do writs.
    Alchemy: poisons are easy to make, gather mats for, and can make you some nice coin by selling whatever you make to merchants.
    Enchanting: break down green, blue, or purple glyphs made by other players. Do writs.
    Provisioning: Buy recipes according to your skill level and make a crap ton of the food and sell those foods to merchants. Blue foods give more experience.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Clothier, Enchanting - deconstruct everything
    Provisioning /Alchemy - create food and potions

Go in Cadwell's Silver & Gold areas to have enough points to spec the skills.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    My advice is - deconstruct everything you can and do researching from the start. Do writs too.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • iqoologiceb17_ESO
    iqoologiceb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For professions like woodworking, clothier and blacksmith I sell white gear and deconstruct green and blue. That way you will earn a bit of gold and level your professions and ofc start trait research. There are some addons to help you with that (Research Assistant, AI Research Grid, ResearchTimer, Harven's Research Timers).

Provisioning and alchemy I leveled easily because I stockpiled lots of materials and done it by making potions and food (you will need recipes to level fast). Also you have addons to help with that (Potion Maker, Sous Chef, ESO Master Recipe List, CookeryWiz).

Enchanting was pain but if you have a friend you can level this together - you craft some enchants and your friend too and you exchange enchants to deconstruct and repeat until level 50. Also you have addons to help with that (Merlin the Enchanter).

Happy crafting :)

Edited by iqoologiceb17_ESO on August 31, 2016 9:56AM
    PC EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do all the skill points quests in the 1-50 game, as well as silver and gold Cadwell. Main quest, fighters guild, mages guild, undaunted and Orsinium.....level up as you go but these skill points will end up as awesome because having 250+ is a good place to be.

Cloth, wood and blacksmith - just literally decon everything from dungeons, quests, etc BUT always, always, always check what you can research first. Hitting level 50 is only part of these three.

Alchemy....takes time or money. Because it takes time, I'd suggest just harvest and buy ESO plus for a crafting bag.
    Provisioning.....easiest if you collect food from any and al containers as you play as well as recipes. Do some writs too and get the skill unlocked to recieve mats each day. Max it out.

Enchanting.....start early but concentrate on deconnimg thing at your enchanting level and only craft things that have a "?"
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general, this site seems to have fairly up-to-date info for crafting, and some tips on leveling (there is a lot of stale info out there):
    http://www.sunshine-daydream.us/ESO/
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do all the skill points quests in the 1-50 game, as well as silver and gold Cadwell. Main quest, fighters guild, mages guild, undaunted and Orsinium.....level up as you go but these skill points will end up as awesome because having 250+ is a good place to be.

This. Just re-spec'd one of my toons to be my dedicated crafter, and I had 245 skill points to play with. Filled all of the professions skills out, plus whatever skills I'd need to protect myself while farming, and still had a quite a few left over. Gotta start spending gold on bag space, though. Provisioning ingredients and Alchemy reagents take up a ton of space.

XBox NA
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Backpack bag space 60->140 is 180K
    Horse bag training 0->60 is 15K (45K complete training riding skills)

Not that much actually.

I've bought bag space on 8 chars, all the capacity and speed on 6 of them and about 2 on additional 2. Set aside all the money for complete training the remaining riding skills.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When finish your "main" crafter, make sure all of your alts level Provisiong to 50 (do the daily writs in Wrothgar); this will net you gold and possibly ambrosia recipe pieces (sell the duplicates). I also recommend level a few of the alts to 50 alchemy as well, as the raw materials are easy to come by while adventuring - this also adds to the daily 'free' gold.

One more thing, for all of your toons, decon items on all of them are level 32 in woodworking, BS, and clothing (even echanting if want). That is enough to get the 3/3 hireling...I currently have 10 alts, which are as described in this post. I make close to 8,000 gold per day in writs and selling stuff I won't use. Not to mention a complete and utter tidal wave of gold raw materials.

For the consumable writs, make your stuff in advance - the food, potions, glyphs - it does save time. If you headquarter your toons in Wrothgar, the daily writ grind takes about 15-20 minutes total to get the daily writ quest, turn it in, and train your horse! (and that's for 10 toons...you mileage may vary if you have more or few toons).
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make alts as storage space and park them in the bank, then you can easily transfer items as and when you need them :)
  • drakhan2002_ESO
    drakhan2002_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonio wrote: »
    Make alts as storage space and park them in the bank, then you can easily transfer items as and when you need them :)

Or become an ESO+ member and you won't have to worry about bank alts...unless you can't afford the $15/month subscription. Back in the day, that was a thing but not any more with the advent of crafting bag. One of the best things they added to the game.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst part of levelling crafting is waiting on research for Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking. It will take you basically 6-7 months to get it all done.

For this reason it is important to start right away, get an addon that will give you an on-screen timer on your research so you don't have any down-time (I use Wykydds toolbar, but there are others), and an addon that shows you what items in your inventory you should be saving for future research so you don't accidentally deconstruct/sell them (Research Assistant is the one I use).
  • VaniTealeaf
    VaniTealeaf
    ✭✭
    moonio wrote: »

Or become an ESO+ member and you won't have to worry about bank alts...unless you can't afford the $15/month subscription. Back in the day, that was a thing but not any more with the advent of crafting bag. One of the best things they added to the game.

This is the reason i subscribed! Never have to worry about space for mats, major space saver :#
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »
    The worst part of levelling crafting is waiting on research for Blacksmithing, Clothing and Woodworking. It will take you basically 6-7 months to get it all done.

Nope, it takes more than one year. I have been researching since the beginning, got the passives relatively early one, and still have researched nirned on just about half of blacksmithing and clothier items. Woodworking is way shorter since the number of items is less than half, 6 vs 14 in the other professions. That one I finished indeed in about 6 months.
    Edited by Asardes on August 31, 2016 1:53PM

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Locnaar
    Locnaar
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    • ESO+ gives +10% enlightenment
    • The Inspiration Boost champion passive gives +20% enlightenment
    • Daily crafting writs reward you with enlightenment
    • For the equipment skills deconstruct everything you find
    • For alchemy and provisioning acquire a bunch of ingredients and craft like crazy
    • Also for alchemy and provisioning, keep putting in skill points as you level up and craft the highest-level items you can
    • For enchanting find a buddy (or use an alt) and create / trade / deconstruct glyphs
    • Also good for enchanting to create the highest level glyphs possible, higher quality glyphs help too

BONUS: Start researching traits yesterday.

awesome advice, wish i had done some of that when i leveled up my crafts, it wouldn't have taken 18 months.
    former GM All's Faire Trading Guild

beta tester Jan 2014

overheard in Reaper's Marsh (random brigand) "I only kill people who kill people, 'cause killin' people is wrong ..."
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Gather nodes in your zone. Do crafting writs for improving your experience bar.
    Kill a lot in dungeons, and deconstruct everything... it's pretty fast leveling.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    danno8 wrote: »

Nope, it takes more than one year. I have been researching since the beginning, got the passives relatively early one, and still have researched nirned on just about half of blacksmithing and clothier items. Woodworking is way shorter since the number of items is less than half, 6 vs 14 in the other professions. That one I finished indeed in about 6 months.

Oops, you are right. Basically Woodworking can be 7 months, blacksmithing and clothing is around twice that.

This is why I can never switch my crafter to anything other than the character I currently am using. It just takes too much time to relearn everything.