The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Q&A for PAX West 2016 Panels

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
The ESO Headquarters will be open at PAX West beginning this Friday, and we can’t wait to see everyone! If you’re not able to attend, don’t worry. We’ll be livestreaming all of our panels live from Seattle at www.twitch.tv/bethesda. If you have a question you’d like to ask the ESO team, feel free to post them ahead of time in this thread and we’ll do our best to answer as many as we can. Be sure to specify which panel your question is intended for, and please keep it on topic. You can view the full schedule of panels and attendees right here.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully I can still make it. It seems as though work may have other plans.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm.

I won't know what questions to ask until after the panels. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If there is no law in places like Coldharbour or Cyrodiil, why do Thieves Troves still exist there? ;) From my partner @JasminaChillibeaner.
    Options
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the one tamriel update, is there any possibility for a fishing overhaul? As someone with master angler on soon 6 characters, i would love that very much!
    Options
  • Jesh
    Jesh
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno for the ONE TAMRIEL panel:
    I love everything I've heard about One Tamriel, but how about ONE MEGASERVER?
    Will we ever be able to play with our European sisters and brothers? What of our console brethren?
    DK Stam DPS
    Templar Healer
    NB Magica DPS
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesh wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno for the ONE TAMRIEL panel:
    I love everything I've heard about One Tamriel, but how about ONE MEGASERVER?
    Will we ever be able to play with our European sisters and brothers? What of our console brethren?

They just recently answered that in a big picture sort of way: http://wccftech.com/elder-scrolls-online-interview-looking-ahead-with-game-director-matt-firor/
    Lately there’s been a trend of bringing online communities together through cross-play. Is that something you’re evaluating for Elder Scrolls Online?

MF: That is not a technical issue, it’s a business issue. We’re on different platforms and each partner has its own ideas on which groups they want their players to be with. It’s easier for everyone if they’re just in separate communities, that’s just the way it is for now.
    Edited by Elsonso on August 30, 2016 7:58PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, is mayonaise an instrument?
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Just checking - Beth's Twitch channel? Not the ZOS Twitch channel?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the Dueling Comes to ESO panel:

What factors do you consider when balancing stamina vs magicka abilities?
    Options
  • philips666_18b16_ESO
    Well here are my questions:

Interview the ESO Team - With the new info on the update 12 at Gamescom we know that ultimates will be added to all weapons. Is there any news about Spellcrafting or new weapons added to the game?
    Interview the ESO Team - It has looked at the possibility to improve the current class system in ESO adding subclasses or specializations to the current classes? It would be very interesting idea to add specializations to classes because it will allow to create specializations focused only on magic or stamina also it will take advantage of the fact that today most skills based on magic and stamina on classes look different in each class.

Regards Philips
    Options
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But all seriousness, what will the changes be with raw crafting materials? Will they stay the same or will they be in like DLC zones, where nodes reflect either your crafting skill or level?
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the dueling panel:

There's things that are balanced in a group-play scenario that are very, very unbalanced in a 1v1 scenario.Will you balance the game around it's large-scale combat found in Cyrodiil, or around duels? Will we see nerfs for certain abilities that only apply in duels, or only apply why in Cyrodiil?

Does Brian Wheeler and the PVP team have control over the Assault and Support skill lines, or does that still fall under Wrobel's domain?

Also, will there be a way to toggle Battle Spirit off in duels? As somebody who misses the fast-paced fights of 1.6, before the 50% reduction to damage, healing, and shields, I would greatly appreciate this option.
    Edited by arkansas_ESO on September 1, 2016 3:38AM

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paulington wrote: »
    If there is no law in places like Coldharbour or Cyrodiil, why do Thieves Troves still exist there? ;) From my partner @JasminaChillibeaner.

I have never found troves in either location....
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thelon wrote: »
    For the Dueling Comes to ESO panel:

What factors do you consider when balancing stamina vs magicka abilities?
    For the dueling panel:

There's things that are balanced in a group-play scenario that are very, very unbalanced in a 1v1 scenario.Will you balance the game around it's large-scale combat found in Cyrodiil, or around duels? Will we see nerfs for certain abilities that only apply in duels, or only apply why in Cyrodiil?

Brian doesnt work with combat. He only works with the actual systems. You want to ask Wrobel for that....

Question in general:
    Is Wrobel alive? Have you been feeding him? Has he been sleeping? Does he sleep? When can we see him? Will he be coming to a ESO live in the near future?
    Edited by DKsUnite on August 30, 2016 10:40PM
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
    Options
  • silky_soft
    silky_soft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you going to make vma weapons in alliance war top 2% or will you give pvp our own content locked gear?
    Here $15, goat mount please. Not paying 45 : lol :
    Netch is free with a cleanse and free magika. You nerf siphon into the ground. Nice balance team.
    How do you go home every night and say, I did a great job at work today. You actually do your job properly.
    Step 1: roll templar. Step 2: level up jabs. Step 3: slap on weapon damage build. Step 4: que for bg. Step 5: leap...jabsjabsjabsjabs
    Options
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Will you do a free weekend after one tamriel like you did for beta players, would be good to show people how far its come.
    Options
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »

I have never found troves in either location....

They definitely exist in Coldharbour, I've seen some there...
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Options
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will we ever get an increase in maximum personal bank size? There are so many things I want to keep to try out later, and now there are going to be all those new monster sets!
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With dueling coming into the game will there be a toggle to auto decline duels, in other games nothing more annoying than being sent duel invites over an over again, this can also be used as another form of griefing.

Thanks and have a fun show !!
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Just checking - Beth's Twitch channel? Not the ZOS Twitch channel?

It'll be streamed on the Bethesda channel, but we'll be re-hosting on the ZOS channel too.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Question is for Loremaster Lawrence ( If he's going )

How do you come up with the names for NPCs etc, are there any NPCs with the same name ?
    What name has been the best you have come up with so far
    Are there any hidden names with hidden meanings ?
    Options
  • Valerien
    Valerien
    ✭✭✭
    With the changes coming to ESO with One Tamriel what changes are being made to the quests and dialogue to have it make sense that the hero (i.e. players character) is able to work for each of the leaders of the warring factions simultaneously while at the same time trying to take Cyrodil for one of the factions?

If voice across Tamriel showed us anything by working for one alliance leader you are 'by all rights the mortal enemy of the others'. So it seems a little bit of a leap that I could go from saving the Skald kings life to the next moment chatting to the Elf Queen as if I was one of her loyal eyes. Even more so if I'm a loyal member of the DC and turn up at Devons Watch and get asked to help defend the town from the DC.... surely I should be kill on sight?

Will we by chance be seeing a more mercenary slant to the dialogue, where its acknowledged we are a piece of filth who is willing to work for the highest bidder be that DC, Pact, AD or Molag Bal? Now rather than wandering the land forcing your help on every poor soul you come across, whether they want it or not we will be approached as sell swords with no allegiance beyond gold and sure as hell not that alliances greatest asset, best friend or loyal soldier as we really aren't as moments before I may have been killing their troops by the 100 as part of a different quest line.

So in short how is the massive change in the way the game is set up being dealt with from the story and quests to ensure it makes sense and doesn't end up some horrible mess of suspension of disbelief and just ditching the story and the dialogue which is best to skip through and ignore? Which would be a shame as each alliance story is every good and while Cadwells what if machine is a bit of a stretch at least its only only moment of I see what the devs did there!
    Options
  • TheTwistedRune
    TheTwistedRune
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For -Interview the ESO Team/Dev Team.

The game is now over two years old. If class balance has always been an issue, it always will be. That should not be a barrier for adding new content, especially since I read somewhere the game has a 5 year plan. With that in mind, do you have any plans to release new classes or active skill lines? Necromancer, for example?

If not, is Spellcrafting still coming? If not, why?

Edited by TheTwistedRune on August 31, 2016 9:01PM
    Options
  • GorraShatan
    GorraShatan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's my question:

Could we get an answer please as to why kiosk bids keep coinciding with server maintenance, or at least on why ZOS refuses to publicly comment on the issue?
    Options
  • MajidAlammari
    MajidAlammari
    ✭✭
    Will we be able to transfer Characters from Console to PC when the TES: Online Gold Edition comes out?
    Options
  • VileDeeds77
    VileDeeds77
    ✭✭✭
    When can we expect to hear something about jewelry crafting?
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the One Tamriel panel

A question about One Tamriel and Writs.

Will OneT change how writs are given out and turned in so that it will more suitably fit the "any zone scales" approach?

With OneT getting rid of zone-assigned levels for mats and content and opening up any time anywhere play and gains, the current writ model (locking certain levels of materials writ-skill into certain single zones) seems woefully out-of-sorts anc counter-productive - its just at odds with the whole oneT approach.

One example would be to have writs requirements/reward always scale to you skill, regardless of where they come from, get picked up at any zone's mage or fighter guild and turns into any mage or fighter guild.

Thanks
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few questions, I'll see if I can make them short:
    • Any new classes coming?
    • Is there a possibility for a new race?
    • If there is new skill lines coming, what can we expect?
    • Will there be any new weapon types added? If so, when do you see them in game?
    • Since you all reworked Craglorn, do you guys have any plans to touch up the 3 alliance zones?
    • Does Bethesda help you guys out with any aspect of your game? If so, how?
    • Any plans to add in cinematic tools for RP, fan videos, or just in game immersion?
    • Will player houses be able to expand, like adding basements or new wings?
    • Will there be actual things to interact with at a players home, like tables, seats, lighting, fireplaces, and decorations?
    • Will player homes have to be built or only bought? I would love to be able to make a home on a plot of land even if the grind for it was hard!
    • Would there be a possibility for a player, in the future, to obtain a companion that battles with you when you're not in a group?
    • Any plans to add more animation to the world itself with more roaming npc's, carts, time schedules, events (like raids and such), or other things?
    • Have you guys thought about opening a community channel?
    • Any plans to add sheaths to weapons?
    • Have you all thought about the idea of a more in-depth weather system that utilizes darker skies, wind, rain, thunder, etc.?
    Edited by Panda_iMunch on September 1, 2016 12:47AM
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
    Options
  • guul
    guul
    ✭✭✭
    Any plan to change weather or emote animation to server-side?
    Will there be new classes in the future? If so, can we have more than 12 characters?
    Edited by guul on September 1, 2016 5:03AM
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love these events. Big supporter of the game, and thus not being neggy but I think what would help the community 'feel' is a big open chat on all the issues.

Console / dash boarding / black NPCs not loading etc. Lots of great work has been done to fix stuff but understanding the open issues log might be awesome. Both to help the forum chatter, but also new players experience.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP