Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

InstaCrashes on 30.08.2016

karpatska_vlcice
Does anyone else have insta-crashes (and I mean insta as in few mins after logging in) today, or is it just me?

I will elaborate more on this. I have returned to play the game after more than half a year, and so far it went well past 3-4 days. Except yesterday I started to get insane ping and fps, so the game was more like a photoghraph, and there were also quite long loading screens (one lasted for good 5mins). As I was used to this problem form before, I haven't made much out of it. But today after I logged in, for the firs 10 mins no problem occured, after that while doing quest in Hew's Bane I crashed to log in screen. I was like, ok no problem, and logged back in. Than I played for 15 mins and the crash occured again. To make the long story short, the crashing time kept decreasing since then, and on my last attempt I crashed after 30 seconds to the log in screen.
I don't know what the problem might be, so I am asking if I am the only unfortunate one, or if its general issue.
Edited by karpatska_vlcice on August 30, 2016 5:06PM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Run a repair
    Right click your desk top shortcut. Properties, compatibility, tick the box for disable display scaling on high DPI settings. The game can crash, stutter & freeze without the box ticked. Started happening to me in Wrothgar. This was one of the suggestions I was given after submitting a ticket. It worked.

If the above does nothing, delete the user settings file. The file becomes corrupted from time to time, leading to all sorts of problems, including crashes.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • karpatska_vlcice
    @phairdon
    Thank you for your reply. At the time I was wondering if it was just me or general occurance. I run the repair and stuff and it seems to be working now. I only wonder how long will it last :D
  • Jenadara
    Jenadara
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure if I've seen this anywhere on the forums because I have looked before I have submitted a ticket. Here is a response to my ticket that may help others avoid sending in their own ticket because this helped me a bunch:

Sometimes your connection can be routing through an area that is not optimal for a steady connection to our servers. One way to fix this and "refresh" your connection path is to remove your host.developer logs and allow them to restore themselves and find a better connection.

Open the launcher as an administrator by right clicking on the launcher and selecting "Run As Administrator":
    Run a repair.
    Close the launcher.
    Locate the launcher folder. The default location is C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher.
    Open the Launcher folder and delete all "host.developer files" which contain numbers only. For Example: host.developer1, host.developer2, etc. Don't delete the one which doesn't have a number.
    Close Everything and then Reopen the Launcher.

This should redirect your internet connection to a better pathway and keep you from getting logged out of the game.
    It's called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it. ... George Carlin