The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necromancy skill line (updated again)

stimpy986b14_ESO
stimpy986b14_ESO
✭✭✭
I've been brainstorming a few ideas for a lore-friendly and balanced necromancy skill tree for a really long time. this is what I've come up with. Since the original posts I've thought alot about the comments and the changes to the game overall and reworked many of the core ideas.

Firstly it occurs to me that very few people were on board with the idea of requiring fresh corpses to reanimate minions and also my idea for requiring body parts instead.

Therefore, the requirements for summoning would only be the amount of magicka/stamina required to use the ability I.E. the same as minion summoning spells for the other classes. That being said, I still really don't like that the Sorc minion skills are toggles so all minion skills will last until defeated but will decay* over time. Each minion skill changes to another skill when summoned that commands the minion to perform a specific action or empowers the minion when activated. Command skills cost the same amount of magicka/stamina that the minion skill costs.

Minions cannot be healed by normal healing spells. This is not intended to make your horde more difficult to maintain, but instead to keep minions from stealing heals from your allies. any spell that does not specifically say that it heals your minions, will not heal your minions.

*every 10 seconds your minions are alive, they will gain a stack of Necrosis. Each stack of Necrosis will deal disease damage every second to the minion

--skills--

-active-

Reanimate Corpse - raises a corpse from the ground to fight for you that performs basic melee attacks. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Vile Fountain" which when activated commands the minion to vomit on the target, dealing disease damage over 6 seconds. Costs stamina. Minion damage scales on your weapon damage and max stamina.

Revenant (morph of reanimate corpse) - raises a corpse from the ground to fight for you that performs basic melee attacks that heal itself and its master for 14/16/18/20% of the damage done. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Vampiric bite" which when activated commands the minion to bite the target, dealing damage and healing itself and its master for 150% of the damage done. Costs stamina. Minion damage scales on your weapon damage and max health.

Necrotic Kamikazee (morph of reanimate corpse) - raises a corpse from the ground to fight for you that performs basic melee attacks that deal magic damage. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Necrotic Detonation" which when activated commands the minion to charge the target and explode, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies. Costs magicka. Minion damage and explosion damage scales on your spell damage and max magicka.

Call of Death - Calls out a target, forcing your minions to attack it and inflicting major fracture and major breach for 4/6/8/10 seconds. Your minions deal 20/30/40/50% bonus damage to this target. Costs magicka.

Call of the Leech (Morph of Call of Death) - Calls out a target, forcing your minions to attack it and inflicting major fracture and major breach for 10 seconds. Your minions deal 50% bonus damage to this target. Attacks against this target heal the attacker, including minions. Costs magicka.

Call of the Horde (Morph of Call of Death) - Calls out a target, forcing your minions to attack it and inflicting major fracture and major breach for 10 seconds. Your minions deal 50% bonus damage to this target. Allies can activate the "Heed the Call" synergy granting the Major Berserk buff for 10 seconds. Costs magicka.

Reanimate Warrior - raises a corpse from the ground to fight for you that wields a two-handed sword and performs basic melee attacks. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Blade sweep" which when activated commands the minion to swing it's sword at all enemies in a 10 meter cone in front of it. Costs stamina. Minion damage scales on your weapon damage and max stamina.

Dread Executioner (Morph of Reanimate Warrior) - raises a corpse from the ground to fight for you that wields an enchanted two-handed axe and performs basic melee attacks that deal additional 14/16/18/20% bonus magic damage over 6 seconds. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Dread Execution" which when activated commands the minion to perform a heavy attack against the target, dealing 300/365/430/500% bonus damage to targets below 50% health. Costs magicka. Minion damage scales on your spell damage and max magicka.

Ravenous Barbarian (Morph of Reanimate Warrior) - raises a corpse from the ground to fight for you that dual wields axes and performs basic melee attacks that deal additional 14/16/18/20% bonus bleed damage over 6 seconds. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Ravenous Maul" which when activated commands the minion to unleash a barrage of strikes against all enemies in melee range. Costs stamina. Minion damage scales on your weapon damage and max stamina.

Vile Feast - when cast on a nearby dead body, your undead minions will leap to it and feast for 5/4/3/2 seconds, restoring 100% of their health. Nearby allies can activate the "Cannibalism" synergy, and join the feast, restoring 30% health over 5/4/3/2 seconds. Costs magicka

Renewing Feast - (morph of Vile Feast) when cast on a nearby dead body, your undead minions will leap to it and feast for 2 seconds, restoring 100% of their health and removing 2/4/6/8 decay stacks. Nearby allies can activate the "Cannibalism" synergy, and join the feast, restoring 30% health over 2 seconds. Costs magicka.

Vile Explosion - (morph of Vile Feast) when cast on a nearby dead body, your undead minions will leap to it and feast for 2 seconds, restoring 100% of their health. Nearby allies can activate the "Cannibalism" synergy, and join the feast, restoring 30% health over 2 seconds. Deals magic damage to nearby enemies at the end of the feast. this damage is increased by 4/6/8/10% for each minion and ally fed. Costs magicka. Explosion damage scales on your spell damage and max magicka

Reanimate Warlock - raises a corpse from the ground to fight for you that performs basic ranged attacks that deal magic damage. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Vile Empowerment" which when activated empowers the minion to deal additional damage with attacks for 10 seconds. Costs magicka. Minion damage scales on your spell damage and max magicka.

Plague Lord - (morph of Reanimate Warlock) raises a corpse from the ground to fight for you that performs ranged attacks that deal disease damage. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Plague Curse" which when activated commands the minion to curse the ground beneath the target's feet, dealing disease damage to nearby enemies every second for 10 seconds. Costs stamina. Minion damage scales on your weapon damage and max stamina.

Blasphemous Martyr - (morph of Reanimate Warlock) raises a corpse from the ground to fight for you that performs basic ranged attacks that deal magic damage and heal allies near the target. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Unholy Sacrifice" which when activated commands the minion to sacrifice itself to heal allies for a large amount. Costs magicka. Minion damage and healing scales on your spell damage and max magicka.

-Ultimate-

Ritual of the Lich - Raises a powerful lich from the ground to fight for you that perform basic melee attacks. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Necrotic Frenzy" which when activated empowers your minions with minor berserk for 10 seconds. Minion damage scales on your weapon damage or spell damage, whichever is higher.

Ritual of the Horde - (morph of Ritual of the Lich) Raises 2/3/4/5 corpses from the ground to fight for you that perform basic melee attacks. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Necrotic Frenzy" which when activated empowers your minions with minor berserk for 10 seconds. Minion damage scales on your weapon damage or spell damage, whichever is higher.

Ritual of the Flesh - (morph of Ritual of the Lich) Raises a Flesh Atronach from the ground that has 1.5x/2x/2.5x/3x increased health. lasts until defeated and cannot be healed by normal means. Once summoned, this skill becomes "Dread Roar" which when activated commands the minion to taunt the target for 5 seconds. Minion damage scales on your max health.

-passive-

Necrotic Resolve - your minions take 25/50% less disease damage

Necrotic Empowerment - Each stack of Necrosis will increase the damage/healing of command and sacrifice skills by 1/2%

Necromantic Training - share your knowledge of the necromantic arts with another player once every 7 days

Endurance of the Dead - Your undead minions have 10/20% increased max health

Wall of Flesh - Increases the armor rating and spell resistance of nearby allies by 2% per active minion

Army of the Damned - When a minion is sacrificed it has a 25/50% chance to be reanimated instantly at no cost.
Edited by stimpy986b14_ESO on August 30, 2016 3:26AM
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    [SNIP]

Why should Zenimax Online Studios add a new class to the game when the 4 already in the game Dragon Knights, Sorcerers, Night Blades, and Templars are horribly laughably un-balanced and half the skills don't even work or are just to weak to even use ?

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on August 31, 2016 1:41PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Needs a nerf already .
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    [SNIP]

Why should Zenimax Online Studios add a new class to the game when the 4 already in the game Dragon Knights, Sorcerers, Night Blades, and Templars are horribly laughably un-balanced and half the skills don't even work or are just to weak to even use ?

[Edited to remove Baiting]

That's right I'm going to keep making these threads until Zenimax adds necromancy because there's literally no reason to leave it out.

To answer your question though, in this iteration, it's not a 5th class, it's a world skill line obtainable by anyone
    Edited by ZOS_JohanaB on August 31, 2016 1:42PM
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    They did say in an interview a few days ago that they are adding new classes, also they put a poll on Twitter at the beginning of the year asking which 2 classes we want. Necromancer and cryomancer won. so i bet at this stage any new classes would be in the concept stage - on that note i would love a necro but no pets as they suck , i would prefer a short summon zombie which explodes or ghosts
  • stimpy986b14_ESO
    stimpy986b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    shugg wrote: »
    They did say in an interview a few days ago that they are adding new classes, also they put a poll on Twitter at the beginning of the year asking which 2 classes we want. Necromancer and cryomancer won. so i bet at this stage any new classes would be in the concept stage - on that note i would love a necro but no pets as they suck , i would prefer a short summon zombie which explodes or ghosts

I actually would prefer if they used actual reanimation spells like other elder scrolls games which require fresh corpses, but a bunch of people were very vocal in my previous threads about how that wouldn't work in an mmo setting. A point to which I disagree because that's how reanimation works in Guild Wars 1 and necro is one of the most fun classes to play in that game.
  • shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to have reanimated dead pets but the ai is just rubbish on consouls that I wouldn't bother and just go for a dot build or non pet caster
  • subtlezeroub17_ESO
    subtlezeroub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    A necro build imo would need to focus on three damage types:

-Ice (deaths chill) : Could easily just be the ice mage everyone wants. Could be mid ranged to melee range for stamina necro focusing on cc and stamina depletion.

I would love if they made this combo focused. We need more differentiation between classes. Like an ice necro could freeze and then shatter for guaranteed crits. Thus changing their whole build path from the standard crit into crit damage.

Ultimate: Definitely a blizzard. Possibly causing all targets in the huge area to receive a debuff making them easier to crit by all allies while dealing ticks of damage in a targeted area. Morphs could be guaranteeing crit chance or making the damage and radius higher but removing the crit chance buff.

The blizzard could follow the sorcs way of draining ult per tick like overload and being able to "bank" up points to 1000 ult.

-Magic (necromancy) : Would most likely be the pet line. A tanky self defensive line with focus on summoning short term armies of undead.

I love your idea of having the pets be very short term but in reverse being very powerful while having poweful active abilities.

Personally, I think having a passive that used dead enemies to spawn lesser minions could work with a cap of 4 minions that did small amounts of damage would really add to the feel of creating the "overwhelming army" feel that necro fans love so much.:/

Ultimate: Definitely a lich. It has to be a lich. I disagree with morphing the lich to something else though. Personally, the I think the lich should stay but the morph could make the liche a stronger spell caster with powerful frost spells or a supportive spell caster with powerful AoE damage reduction spells or heals or shields

-Disease (pestulance) : Would most likely be the support line. I could easily see this line giving Templars a run for their money if they allowed disease necros the ability to restore magicka.

This line could also focus on short term buffs with diseases and other alchemical effects. Maybe even a DoT or two.

Ultimate: Could be a plague of undeath that spreads to all allies and prevents death (down to 1% hp) while rebirthing already dead allies as zombies with major berserk buffs for a short time. Maybe like 10 seconds.

Morphs could be an AoE dot that spreads to enemies instead

Or

An added frenzy effect along with the original effects that increased incoming damage to allies by 10% but increased damage by 20%
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Edited by subtlezeroub17_ESO on August 30, 2016 2:10PM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let it go...

It's not happening. Ever.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 minion summon skills (including ulti) a debuff and a minion heal

first off, u need to be able to kill something to summon a minion from it, but u have no skills for that... :s
    I always thought a litch would have also Ice or Poisen/desease skills next to the summon skills, and I like u put a debuff skill in there, that totally fits
    and as ultimate I would rather imagine something like transform yourself in a undead monstrosity of a litch with powerfull spells (kinda like WW, but better, maybe a toggle what ww players have been asking for ages)

also with sorc already having a summon line, (and al the speculating of a ranger wit pets class/skilline), the litch should have something that sets it apart from other summon/pet classes
    maybe something as having the summon as the last passive, when your in combat, every so often (x time) u passively raise dead, and so active skills can be Ice or Desease or debuffs ....

thing is, with all the minion summons on your skillbar u wont have any skills to fight yourself
    I really like how you thought everything out, just I would have it done a little diffrent
    (also, I would have called it "Litch skilline", instead of necromancer, havin u become the litch, like the vamp and ww skilline)
    Edited by bertenburnyb16_ESO on August 30, 2016 3:36PM
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd play necro skill line in a heartbeat
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.