The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Guilds and Glory DLC bundle

• Elminster
    Elminster
    ✭✭
    I do not see this bundle in the crown store, but i have the gold version AND I do not qualify for the gold version..., really whats the deal here....
  • spyrojance
    spyrojance
    Soul Shriven
    I bought the Imperial City DLC on the 1-year anniversary as they touted it being on sale for 50% off, which was 1250 crowns. Less than 2 weeks later I see that they released the Guilds and Gold special for all 4 DLC for only 5500 crowns. I e-mailed the support for Bethesda and informed them of this and that I didn't think it was right that they entice people to buy 1 DLC for 50% and then come out and have all of them bundled for about 50% off. They have refunded the 1250 crowns to my account and I am now able to buy the bundle for the 5500 crowns and get all 4 DLCs. I would e-mail them with any issues. Not sure how far back they will go as unfortunately prices change all the time, but I felt like in less than 2 weeks with them touting the sale of Imperial City it enticed more people to buy it and then to turn around and sell all 4 for a discounted price was not consumer friendly.

I e-mailed them late last night and they already e-mailed me back and took care of everything.

Sadly, my experience with ZOS has been the opposite. I was in exactly the same situation as Wallbanger51, and requested a refund of the IC DLC so that I could purchase the Guilds and Gold special for 5500. ZOS have refused to refund the crowns.

Their response: "I do apologize but unfortunately we cannot refund or exchange any Crown Store purchases. Thank you for your continued interest and support!"

I have tried to reopen the ticket several times over the last 5 days, and have provided a link to this forum showing that they have refunded (i.e. Wallbanger51) but they keep closing the case as "solved".

As you can imagine, this is getting very frustrating!
  • Daraxina
    Daraxina
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @Daraxina Just in case you haven't seen this from Wallbanger51. It's definitely worth contacting Support to see if they can do anything for you.
    I bought the Imperial City DLC on the 1-year anniversary as they touted it being on sale for 50% off, which was 1250 crowns. Less than 2 weeks later I see that they released the Guilds and Gold special for all 4 DLC for only 5500 crowns. I e-mailed the support for Bethesda and informed them of this and that I didn't think it was right that they entice people to buy 1 DLC for 50% and then come out and have all of them bundled for about 50% off. They have refunded the 1250 crowns to my account and I am now able to buy the bundle for the 5500 crowns and get all 4 DLCs. I would e-mail them with any issues. Not sure how far back they will go as unfortunately prices change all the time, but I felt like in less than 2 weeks with them touting the sale of Imperial City it enticed more people to buy it and then to turn around and sell all 4 for a discounted price was not consumer friendly.

I e-mailed them late last night and they already e-mailed me back and took care of everything.

Thank you, the girlfriend emailed them the same day we posted this and they have already gotten in touch and are helping her out.

Waiting on the crowns now, but they were very helpful, polite (even funny) and they still managed to fit some marketing in...girlfriend is now going to pay a few crowns extra to get a mount from them after she gets the refund and buys the bundle DLC instead.

Faith in customer service restored.
    Praise unto Zenithar!

Will keep people posted.
  • spyrojance
    spyrojance
    Soul Shriven
    I'm happy that Wallbanger51 and Daraxina were both able to get refunds. Unfortunately the only response I'm getting from customer service is "we cannot refund or exchange any Crown Store purchases".

Clearly that is not the case. My situation is identical to Wallbanger51, and I have confirmed that I will purchase the Guilds and Gold DLC once I get my refund.

Why the double standards?

If anyone from customer service is reading this, please refund my crowns so that I can purchase the Guilds and Gold DLC and go back to enjoying the game.
  • xellink
    xellink
    ✭✭✭
    spyrojance wrote: »
    Why the double standards?

I believe it depends on how many hours you have played the DLC and how long you owned the DLC.

2hrs/2wks is what steam uses. ESO might deviate a bit.
  • spyrojance
    spyrojance
    Soul Shriven
    I think you'll find that Wallbanger51 had the DLC for two weeks, which was longer than me.

Please note that Steam got into trouble recently regarding their refund policy (https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/federal-court-finds-valve-made-misleading-representations-about-consumer-guarantees). Steam is now facing fines of AU$1Mil per breach.

As an Australian citizen, I'm under the same consumer protections. The last thing I want to do is refer this matter to the ACCC, but I am running out of options.
  • xellink
    xellink
    ✭✭✭
    spyrojance wrote: »
    I think you'll find that Wallbanger51 had the DLC for two weeks, which was longer than me.

Please note that Steam got into trouble recently regarding their refund policy (https://www.accc.gov.au/media-release/federal-court-finds-valve-made-misleading-representations-about-consumer-guarantees). Steam is now facing fines of AU$1Mil per breach.

As an Australian citizen, I'm under the same consumer protections. The last thing I want to do is refer this matter to the ACCC, but I am running out of options.

Perhaps its the playtime? Maybe you played the DLC content for significant amount of time while Wallbanger may not have entered the zone. Either way, we're not here to discuss what practice is fair.

Since ESO is on steam, they have to abide to similar rules more or less. When someone refunds on steam, steam has to inform ZOS to revoke their account while the refund comes from steam. Its a two-way street when you are partnering with another company. I would imagine everyone will flock to the Bethesda store when they realise that refund options are better buying on the site rather than on Steam. This is compounded by the fact Steam works as a DRM of sorts.
  • spyrojance
    spyrojance
    Soul Shriven
    Playtime? The dungeon finder has sent me to the IC Sewers a couple of times, and each time I have quit the group. I have not completed any IC content.

Please note I am not asking for a refund of the game, just the IC DLC so that I may purchase the Guilds and Gold DLC.

As this was purchased via the Crown store, I don't see why I would need to involve Steam.
  • spyrojance
    spyrojance
    Soul Shriven
    I'm happy to confirm Customer Service resolved my complaint. I have now purchased the Guilds and Gold DLC and looking forward to the new content. Thank you Customer Service!
  • That Darn Argonian
    @spyrojance
    I'm glad you got sorted in the end.
    I came on here to just say what a wonderful experience I had with customer service.

I'm "The Girlfriend" that was so upset about everything in the post above, I'm now all sorted, I was so happy I was not passed from person to person - just one guy the whole time who was funny and still professional (and very patient) and he even arranged my own invite to the forums, (by passing me on to the person who sorts that and he did it in a jiffy!) so no more Daraxina posting on my behalf!

So, hi, everyone!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @spyrojance
    I'm glad you got sorted in the end.
    I came on here to just say what a wonderful experience I had with customer service.

I'm "The Girlfriend" that was so upset about everything in the post above, I'm now all sorted, I was so happy I was not passed from person to person - just one guy the whole time who was funny and still professional (and very patient) and he even arranged my own invite to the forums, (by passing me on to the person who sorts that and he did it in a jiffy!) so no more Daraxina posting on my behalf!

So, hi, everyone!
    Nice to know it got sorted out for... Wait, did it get sorted out for everyone in this thread? Hmm, that's pretty decent.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m raising up this old thread…

Because the pack is on sale for event at 2000 crowns… however, since most already own Imperial City as it’s free… the game warns you it will charge you full price as part of the bundle is already owned… and indeed… it does charge you 4000 crowns….

Zenimax, why not just damn well remove Imperial City from the bundle? [snip]

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 30, 2021 3:03PM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have closed this topic as it was originally created in August 2016 and the information contained within may no longer be relevant to the game. In many cases, it's better to create a new thread on a topic that you want to discuss as opposed to bumping one that is rather old.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.