Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hide helmet

Suter1972
Suter1972
✭✭✭✭
May be a daft question but if I 'hide helmet' does it hide it for everyone in the game world or just my view of the character and everyone sees 'the true me'?

Also does the same apply to dyes?
Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • Firerock2
    Firerock2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone can see if you hide your helmet, same with dyes.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It hides it for you and for everyone else. This helps people recognize other players as everyone can wear say a Breton Light Armor helmet and hide the face.

Now, the helmet gets dyed when you dye the rest of your gear even if you hide, the preview you work with shows the helmet.

One thing, if you have a Shield equipped, say on your back bar, then you need to swap to that to get the shield dyed. But, as long as you have a helmet equipped, it will get dyed with the other armor.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :disappointed:

Truly, I thought the option only hid it for us as to review our character in 3rd person to take screenshots.

I wonder how easy the scrubbing bubbles will remove the checkmark. Time to find out.