Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

will two different ESO games on one PC conflict (one from steam and one from ESO)

CombatPrayer
CombatPrayer
✭✭✭✭
My guy wants to play ESO so he was about to get his own game. We are using one gaming rig. I have ESO from steam and he was getting it from ESO directly. the folder locations will be different, but I think the documents section will be located in the same folder. Will that be an issue? We don't do different logons. How will it differentiate between his game any mine? I'm just wondering if there will be any conflicts.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, with just one install, you can login into both accounts and play, as long you have two accounts. Steam or non-steam won't matter here.
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you don't mind me asking, why bother with 2 different clients?
    If you each have your own account, you can just play on the same one.
    After he purchased eso and set up his account, he can just launch your steam version of eso and punch in his login info.
    Edited by MercTheMage on August 29, 2016 7:10PM
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but I think the documents section will be located in the same folder. Will that be an issue? We don't do different logons. How will it differentiate between his game any mine? I'm just wondering if there will be any conflicts.

Easy, set up a Windows Account/Profile on your PC for him. Then he gets his own My Documents folder so that his settings and such are stored there, and yours are stored under your account. This will also keep most every modern game separate as long as you remember to log in to the correct PC account before launching the game.

You could even keep the same install once his account is set up as the difference between Steam and the Regular game is, well, not very much other than having Steam Running to validate the Steam Install. Although, it might get tricky with only having one Steam Account, and that might break their TOS if you both play on the same Steam Account. Not sure, have not poked that far into the TOS for Steam. Then again, you don't pay for the Steam Account so not sure what is allowed or not with account sharing through that service.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use the same client,
    No need to re-install...

No need to download the patches for both,
    etc..

Think you get my point.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Just use the same client,
    No need to re-install...

No need to download the patches for both,
    etc..

Think you get my point.

But what if they both like different settings, addons... ??

• medusasfolly
    medusasfolly
    ✭✭✭

But what if they both like different settings, addons... ??

You can disable add-ons per character. So if they install all the add-ons they want cumulatively and then disable them per character, they can still have the setup they each want.
    Edited by medusasfolly on August 31, 2016 12:55PM