The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crit damage vs impen

AGrz5585
AGrz5585
✭✭✭
Is it possible to get your crit damage high enough to negate or almost negate the impen trait plus cp tree?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGrz5585 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get your crit damage high enough to negate or almost negate the impen trait plus cp tree?

If I remember correctly, @Crown had a spreadsheet showing all the permutations for crit. Laymen terms says it's possible but only if you can achieve 50% crit chance, and use shadow stone with stacking crit dmg.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that was my understanding.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No 3300 negates all crit damage period. Or so the math says. Plus why? Damage in this game is already laughable over powered.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No 3300 negates all crit damage period. Or so the math says. Plus why? Damage in this game is already laughable over powered.

I think crowns math showed you could get 47% crit dmg if attacker had crit dmg stacked and the enemy had full impen stacked. This number was perviously 19.7% if the attacker had no crit dmg.

If the defender uses no impen, they can take up to 70% crit dmg.

Also, it was determined your armor is calculated first then the critical strikes mitigation. So Armor > crit resistance, meaning if you can't reduce your dmg taken, all the impen in the world won't protect you.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't everyone have a base 50% crit dmg? 60% for templar and nb's?

250 crist resist reduces crit dmg by 3.7%

Even if someone has 3300 crit resistance which is 50% crit reduction, crits will still hit harder than non crits. A nb with a few points into crit cp will still hit like 22-25% harder on crits.

On my nb with trap beast and shadow my crit modifier is 99% bonus.

50% base, 10% nb passive, 15% cp, 12% minor force, 12% shadow

Even if someone has 3300 impen i'm going to hit them for 49% more dmg on crits.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't everyone have a base 50% crit dmg? 60% for templar and nb's?

250 crist resist reduces crit dmg by 3.7%

Even if someone has 3300 crit resistance which is 50% crit reduction, crits will still hit harder than non crits. A nb with a few points into crit cp will still hit like 22-25% harder on crits.

On my nb with trap beast and shadow my crit modifier is 99% bonus.

50% base, 10% nb passive, 15% cp, 12% minor force, 12% shadow

Even if someone has 3300 impen i'm going to hit them for 49% more dmg on crits.

Yea this is my understanding as well. Impen is great, but it's not a one trick pony.

Also damn your 99% crit dmg lol
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you use armor of the construct, and transmutation, it's possible. Not really worth doing that way though
    Edited by cschwingeb14_ESO on August 30, 2016 12:34AM
  • Crown
    Crown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown | AD NB | First AD/NA Grand Overlord (2015/12/26)
    PvP Guides @ DarkElves.com