Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Khajiit Critical Surge Tank

xRIVALENx
xRIVALENx
✭✭✭
Decided to create a new tank, this time a Sorceror. Have yet to decide on my second skill bar setup (could certainly use a gap closer of sorts), if anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful.

Gear (All gear is currently able to be swapped):
5 x Hircines (Accessories currently running stamina recovery)
5 x Hist
2 x Valkyn Skoria (Was lacking heavy monster helms and just happened to have this one)

Skill Bar One (Sword and Board):
Pierce Armor
Hurricane (Major Resolve, Major Ward, Triggers Comet from Valkyn Skoria set)
Critical Surge (Seems to be efficient at triggering self heals with 32% weapon critical)
Dark Deal (Health and Stamina recovery)
Bound Aegis (Minor Resolve, Minor Ward)
Aggressive Warhorn

• CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I run a health stacked sorc tank and have found it to be both the most durable and enjoyable tank I have. I myself have never found dark deal to be effective on my tank however and instead use the absorb stamina weapon enchant, my playstyle also lead me to block that much as I prefer weaving heavy attacks with pierce armor.

A few things I would suggest for your back bar:
    -Encase, which in my opinion is a stronger root than talons
    -Absorb Magic, which can give you some strong survivability in situations where most others would die
    -Negate, my sorc tank runs the healing negate and not only can this shut down a swarm of mobs to give your group some room to breath but it can also give some off heals if something happened to your healer

Also, as I said earlier my tank stacks health, right now sitting at 48-50k, you may want to check out the sorcerer toolkit and see what scales off max health. It sounds like a gimmick, but it really works.
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    I run a health stacked sorc tank and have found it to be both the most durable and enjoyable tank I have. I myself have never found dark deal to be effective on my tank however and instead use the absorb stamina weapon enchant, my playstyle also lead me to block that much as I prefer weaving heavy attacks with pierce armor.

-Absorb Magic, which can give you some strong survivability in situations where most others would die
    -Negate, my sorc tank runs the healing negate and not only can this shut down a swarm of mobs to give your group some room to breath but it can also give some off heals if something happened to your healer

Also, as I said earlier my tank stacks health, right now sitting at 48-50k, you may want to check out the sorcerer toolkit and see what scales off max health. It sounds like a gimmick, but it really works.

Thank you for the excellent suggestions! If I may ask how are you stacking health that high? Currently I am only running 34k health. Will check out this sorcerers toolkit and see what I can find out, it sounds interesting.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xRIVALENx wrote: »
    CP5 wrote: »

Thank you for the excellent suggestions! If I may ask how are you stacking health that high? Currently I am only running 34k health. Will check out this sorcerers toolkit and see what I can find out, it sounds interesting.

Every point and enchant into health, I used to run 3 piece Sithis (the dirt cheap set found at most guild traders) and 2 Endurance, which easily pushes my health beyond 50k. I stack it more with structured entropy and the sorcerer's passive for having a pet out.

Rather than bound aegis I run the clannfear, which its heal scales off max health. Implosions also scale off max health, put all of that together and you have the health pool needed to survive most anything, and if your enemy gets to low health they won't be around for much longer. Also my sorc tank is a khajiit so I get access to both of those health regen passives which means, with surge, if I don't die from burst i'm likely not going to die at all.
  • xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    Going to try this health stacking and see where it leads, at 34k health I already feel almost indestructible. I have this feeling that my old Dragon Knight tank will be collecting even more dust now. :smile: