The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I hate that they are readding mind shriven skin and mount!!

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I really enjoyed people seeing me with them and asking me, oh how did you get them? and oh you look awesome. I felt a kind of exclusivity which I expected when I bought them.

Now everyone is gonna have them and it just sucks. ZOS when you say limited time exclusive please stick with you freaking word!!
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you get exclusive mounts because you want to look better than other people, you are doing it wrong.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    If you get exclusive mounts because you want to look better than other people, you are doing it wrong.

Then how exactly do I do it right?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not everyone is going to have one.

They are selling them in a bundle, and that is going to cut into sales. Also, they are limited time, so it is only going to be those people who are willing and able to buy for those few days.

It is important that they cycle through these limited time (they are not exclusive) items every so often as the player base is constantly being refreshed with new players.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Enjoy it by yourself. And let others enjoy it too.
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

That. Instead of complaining, high-five people, HELL YEAH we both have a good taste and the same mount! We are awesome!
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They said ages ago that limited time offers might be brought back in the future, just like any other discontinued items (now we know we'll get them via lockboxes). Old rare skins are still going to be relatively rare because one, they're back only for a few days and two, they're expensive. But now new players have a chance to get them too, I think it's fair.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Limited time", doesn't mean: "Never again available."

Things that show up once and never again are irritating as heck, since you might not be around for that narrow window of time in which to acquire said item. I'm glad that they're bringing some of these items back, even though I have most of them; they're cool and still exclusive by virtue of price/ rarity.

I don't know why this world is so focused on the notion: "I must in some way be better or cooler than you."

Why can't we all have the opportunity for cool/ nice/ fun things? Why should one person's enjoyment threaten or ruin yours? Those are better questions to ask. If you want a game where special snowflakes are valued above all and given more power and voice, then WoW is definitely your cup of tea. I'm trying to get back into that for Legion, but man, that community is just about as bad as Eve's. Truly some of the most wretched, entitled, hate-filled, bigoted personalities you'll find on the Internet.

Edit: the positive responses in this thread are quite uplifting.
    Edited by Peekachu99 on August 29, 2016 11:56AM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So people like me who didn't get the chance to get the skin or the mount because they weren't playing the game yet don't have the right to buy those now just because you want to look "cooler" than everyone else? Its a game mate.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »

That's pretty much how I view the whole limited edition Crown Store fiasco. I personally don't care if people end-up having a chance at something considered "rare" that I have. It's not that important to me. Maybe it is to those in which it causes stress to. I don't know. But, at the end of the day — why not let the next person feel happy about having something considered limited and rare? They deserve those moments of happiness as well as the next person. ._.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "limited" means limited runs, as in not in the store all the time, but come around from time to time, makes things exclusive and drives up value and makes them rare, but fully expect them to come around again unless they say otherwise.

the rarest pets/mounts in this game are probably pre order / beta / loyalty reward pets and mounts, and those things only get rarer as time goes on and players come and go.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bundle is 5500 crowns, that's probably the most expensive bundle they've ever done. I would say this is still very much an exclusive mount, and I doubt it will ever re-apear a third time on the crown store.
    *Special Snowflake*

• bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only exclusive item is Striped senche
    so striped or gtfo
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wants Mind Shriven skin is ready to buy it
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this mount shows is that you were online for a while last year and used a credit card.

I don't see any sort of prestige on that, but to each their own.

In the future, buy stuff because you like it, not because it is available for a limited time only.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    All this mount shows is that you were online for a while last year and used a credit card.

I don't see any sort of prestige on that, but to each their own.

In the future, buy stuff because you like it, not because it is available for a limited time only.

So true. So very, very, true. So many people forget nowadays to try things and look into things due to the fact that they themselves like "it" (whatever "it" may be). Rather than some other reason(s) that may not be as special or important.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well i missed on so many things in the game, never asked them to bring them back, there should be standard principal.

I want the Ice horse yet i never asked them to bring it back cause i know it should be exclusive to its time and should mean that you have playing eso for a longer time
  • Aneca
    Aneca
    ✭✭
    When will this be available? I only saw old info on Google.
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aneca wrote: »
    When will this be available? I only saw old info on Google.

Today! :smiley: For about a week, I think.

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/08/26/celebrate-imperial-citys-one-year-anniversary
    Edited by Cazzy on August 29, 2016 2:32PM
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then they should bring back the loyalty rewards PC had, since console never had a chance to get them.

I've been subbed since launch.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should have different loyalty rewards, on both console and PC, and not revive the old ones. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so striped or gtfo

And the beta monkey B)
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only thing exclusive in this game

AccPM-ScreenHunter_17-Jun.-14-15.05.jpg
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That point of view is a bit off putting....think about why it's important for you to feel this way and honestly ask why others "shouldn't " get opportunities for items like this
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed people seeing me with them and asking me, oh how did you get them? and oh you look awesome. I felt a kind of exclusivity which I expected when I bought them.

Now everyone is gonna have them and it just sucks. ZOS when you say limited time exclusive please stick with you freaking word!!

Disagree with every word typed. That's a selfish way of thinking. Not many got the chance to get these. Weather be it due to economic reasons or simple they bought the game after these items got removed from the store. Its good that ZOS are giving those players a chance to get these items.

I actually bought mine when it first released and I'm glad others are getting their chance.
    Edited by Fallen_Ray on August 29, 2016 3:27PM
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fallen_Ray wrote: »

Disagree with every word typed. That's a selfish way of thinking. Not many got the chance to get these. Weather be it due to economic reasons or simple they bought the game after these items got removed from the store. Its good that ZOS are giving those players a chance to get these items.

I actually bought mine when it first released and I'm glad others are getting their chance.

Thats not selfish all games have these exclusives that cant be accessed later. It gives a lot of meaning to the item.

I didnt buy ice horse for finantial reasons and other stuff beacuse i wasnt playing the game then.

I don't beleive i deserve to get them cause that diffrentiates me from those who have been here longer than me.

Its only fair not selfish
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my lord another now I am not a snowflake thread.

In the last year ZOS has added many thousand players to the game who were not around when the limited release window occurred. So there is another limited release window.

Quite simply, get over yourself.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I really need to point out here, that I think its pure bs to use the "been here longer" excuse on anything but the old loyalty rewards.. take the ice horse for example.. technically you could have played 2 minutes at the exact right time, and have it
  • JudahXBL
    JudahXBL
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    so striped or gtfo

And the beta monkey B)

For now. I foresee those coming with the Crown Boxes. Or just to troll everyone, a 0.1% chance full-sized gorilla lol.
  • KatzMainTank
    KatzMainTank
    ✭✭✭
    Not everyone is going to purchase this bundle. In fact they put the two main reasons of the bundle behind a pay wall, the mount and skin. The pet, oddly enough, is available for separate purchase outside of the "exclusive" bundle.

As for the original complaint of the OP, being one of the self-proclaimed "ancient" ones, you of all people should know how ZoS functions. If you're looking to be original in your character aesthetic, you'll have to wait for the 10 year mark to have such possibilities be legitimately viable in ESO. There isn't enough custom content for player's to be even 50% original in appearance. Having "exclusive & limited time" appearance altering options doesn't help either. Everything should be on the crown store, permanently, or at the very least rotated seasonally. ESO is one of the only MMO's that offers common mounts at ridiculous prices. By common I mean mounts that are underwhelming when compared to other MMO's, who often offer very creatively animated mounts/skins...for...free and in a large variety.

This bundle is clearly directed towards casual players who don't play ESO as much as we do. Personally, I have more of a grudge towards the blatant slap in the face to players who do play this game religiously, subscribe, and refer other players to it. Where's the separate mounts/skins for people that unfortunately missed the first opportunity but bought the DLC regardless because they just love ESO? Oh that's right, behind another pay wall. As for all the new players, welcome to "The Exclusive Scrolls Online: Cash Grab Unlimited". Enjoy your brief stay...

I would love to have this mount and the skin, but I'm not going to pay a second time for DLC that I already own in order to get them. Not entirely sure why ZoS thinks this is the best formula to get people to pay ridiculous prices for one or two pieces of a bundle, but I mean I guess they don't want...money?

2k crowns for each skin and mount outside of the bundle would've sold much more. Just sayin'...

Edited by KatzMainTank on August 29, 2016 5:40PM
    EP - V12 - Crafter
    EP - V1 - Stamina NB
    EP - 49 - Stamina Templar
    EP - 46 - StamSorc
    EP - 24 - ManaBlade
    DC - 26 - StamSorc

PSN: KMT_Drahc
    Left Eye Gang dueling guild recruiter, join us!
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JudahXBL wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »
    so striped or gtfo

And the beta monkey B)

For now. I foresee those coming with the Crown Boxes. Or just to troll everyone, a 0.1% chance full-sized gorilla lol.

I would spend my life savings (about $18.00 U.S) if I thought I could have a full sized gorilla following me around....