Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Healing DK Orc help?!?

hamburgerler76
hamburgerler76
✭✭✭✭
So screw it idc about the passives i want to do a DK healing orc! I know ill never min/max with him or do any real end game like VICP. But I am hopping to find a decent set up to do most pve group content. I was thinking trinimac set using ward ally and ignas sheild to proc maybe with willpower and bogdons for extra aoe heals. Any ideas or input to make the build better? also wonder about CP where should i put these to max my sheilds/heals? thanks for any help!!
Edited by hamburgerler76 on July 28, 2016 4:50AM
  • Quelhallow
    Quelhallow
    ✭✭
    On my DK healer, I use:

Restoration: mutagen, healing ward, igneous shield, combat prayer, inner light & magma shell for ult.

Fire staff: engulfing flames, blockade of fire, flex (reflective plate, draw essence or shattering rocks), choking talons, eruption and the ult varies depending on what I'm doing.

Sets are: 5x Mara, 5x Trinimac (or Julianos + Willpower) and I switch helms for whatever.

CP in: Magician (100), Arcanist (67), Bastion (100), Quick Recover (67), Blessed (100), Elfborn (67).

It's pretty easy and fun to play. You're in the mix a lot, not standing in the back.
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your post makes it sound like you are anxious and genuinely worried lol.

Listen you are perfectly fine. Kagrenacs or seducer (you will need the help in the regen department), 3 willpower, engine guardian or 1 kena 2 torugs.

Resto front destro back.

Healing ward
    igneous shield
    mutagen
    Cauterize
    Blessing of restoration - dk have group wide minor brut so combat prayer is only marginally useful.

Igneous weapons
    Then whatever the hell you want, I like talons, wall of elements, inhale, and whip, to help clear trash quick and have a decent weave for single target when healing ain't needed. He'll throw circle of protection on their if you want, thematically it matched a dk healer and looks cool when you cast it, plus orc = more stam lol.

Throw magma shell ultimate on your resto bar, remember you want a juicy costing ult to use for battle roar passive.

For cp, Bastion, magicka regen, spell crit and crit values (I'm not really sold on bless tbh), your crit will be decent with Cauterize on your heal bar, crank it up here and your hot ticks will carry the way for most easy 4 man's. Fyi vicp is not really "end game".

Grab atro or apprentice mundus. You want at least 1700 regen.

You are really over thinking it, you will hardly notice a difference.
    Options
  • Quelhallow
    Quelhallow
    ✭✭
    Cauterize is probably the worst thing you can slot on any class in the game. Don't do it!
    Options
  • Shaiba
    Shaiba
    ✭✭✭
    Hello
    or do any real end game like VICP.
    I disagree here, vICP isn't "real engame" content and you can do it with your char. You can heal vICP as a DK, no matter the race.
    I was thinking trinimac set using ward ally and ignas sheild to proc maybe
    Ward Ally < Healing Ward. Trinimac synergizes well with DK healer, but for raid you should use other gear (except for easy one maybe).
    with willpower and bogdons for extra aoe heals.
    Bogdan isn't so useful, specially in 4 man dungeon. It doesn't proc enough, and your teammates must be packed. You'd better go with better gear such as Trinimac, SPC (specially for raid healing), worm cult, julianos, ...
    also wonder about CP where should i put these to max my sheilds/heals?
    CP for endgame DK healer :
    Arcanist 67 - Magician 100 - Elfborn 66 - Blessed or spell erosion 1 - Elemental Expert 100 - Bastion 100 (rest is up to you).

Don't forget support skill such as Elemental Drain and Mystic orb in your build (specially for raid). If you're playing with Stamina DD and Tank, you can remove those for other skills. I won't recommend blessing of restoration instead of combat prayer cause in raid one of the healer must have it (if you play exclusively with a healer that runs it, then you can go for the other morph but you'll lose the damage increase in 4 man dungeon). For 4 man content the damage increase from Combat Prayer is cool to have too (8% more damage for your whole group). Agressive warnhorn is a good skill, slot it if you have access to it :)

Edited by Shaiba on July 28, 2016 10:31AM
    I play all Healers in endgame content but my main is my Khajiit Nightblade.
    My Youtube Channel
    My Twitch Channel
    PC EU Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 SPC, 2 torugs ,1 kena. if u dont have SPC use magnus/seducer/mara

as for skills for 4 mans u need rapid regen and combat prayer mostly, everything else should be buffs/debuffs
    Options
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shaiba wrote: »
    Hello
    or do any real end game like VICP.
    I disagree here, vICP isn't "real engame" content and you can do it with your char. You can heal vICP as a DK, no matter the race.
    I was thinking trinimac set using ward ally and ignas sheild to proc maybe
    Ward Ally < Healing Ward. Trinimac synergizes well with DK healer, but for raid you should use other gear (except for easy one maybe).
    with willpower and bogdons for extra aoe heals.
    Bogdan isn't so useful, specially in 4 man dungeon. It doesn't proc enough, and your teammates must be packed. You'd better go with better gear such as Trinimac, SPC (specially for raid healing), worm cult, julianos, ...
    also wonder about CP where should i put these to max my sheilds/heals?
    Arcanist 67 - Magician 100 - Elfborn 66 - Blessed or spell erosion 1 - Elemental Expert 100 - Bastion 100 (rest is up to you).

Don't forget support skill such as Elemental Drain and Mystic orb in your build (specially for raid). If you're playing with Stamina DD and Tank, you can remove those for other skills. I won't recommend blessing of restoration instead of combat prayer cause in raid one of the healer must have it (if you play exclusively with a healer that runs it, then you can go for the other morph but you'll lose the damage increase in 4 man dungeon). For 4 man content the damage increase from Combat Prayer is cool to have too (8% more damage for your whole group). Agressive warnhorn is a good skill, slot it if you have access to it :)

Leon119 wrote: »
    5 SPC, 2 torugs ,1 kena. if u dont have SPC use magnus/seducer/mara

as for skills for 4 mans u need rapid regen and combat prayer mostly, everything else should be buffs/debuffs

the prob i have with these builds is the SPC i have bin farming for that for my temp healer since IC dlc launched i have 1 piece to show for it -_- i was trying to find a working "fun" build that isnt min/max im not trying to be the best there ever was here i jsut want to be able to heal group content no need for leader board runs or anything i have a min max temp for all that.
    Options
  • Shaiba
    Shaiba
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I also talked about Julianos and Trinimac ^^ These are good and affordable sets for DK healing :)
    My Youtube Channel
    My Twitch Channel
    Options
  • hamburgerler76
    hamburgerler76
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's why I also talked about Julianos and Trinimac ^^ These are good and affordable sets for DK healing :)

so for this set up ide need trinimac jewelry and 2 piece armor then 5 piece julianos what would you recomend for weapons? or are you using trinimac weapons but i assume your not
    Options
  • Shaiba
    Shaiba
    ✭✭✭
    I'd use 5 Trinimac + Julianos (4 armor + weap) + 1 Kena (you can buy it at the PvP vendors (shoulders and helm), or undaunted chest (shoulders)) as affordable gear. You can either do :

- Julianos + Trinimac + Any weapon (Maelstrom will be the best choices ofc) / And CP 160 Master Resto when they'll increase vDSA cap. You'll lose some spell damage, and your weapon is out of set. If you can't get Maelstrom one i won't go that way.
    - or 5 Julianos + 3 Willpower + 3 Torug
    - or 5 Trinimac + 3 Willpower + 3 Torug

For SPC with the new update you'll be able to trade it with mate (for couple hours), it'll become easier for you to get it (if you have nice friends :p).
    Edited by Shaiba on July 28, 2016 10:06AM
    My Youtube Channel
    My Twitch Channel
    Options
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Combat Prayer is OP. Minor Berserk > Major Sorcery because it boosts tooltip damage instead of the smaller 
    component, spell damage, that major sorcery boosts. Max magic tends to contribute much more to a magic
    build's tooltip than spell damage does.  It's benefit is about equal to Major Brutality because WD and max 
    stamina are more balanced; but that doesn't matter because A) they stack and minor berserk is incredibly 
    rare, and B) Igneous Weapons isn't currently working correctly anyway. 

Throw some Vulnerability poison (Scrib Jelly + Fleshfly Larva + Poison Solvent) on your Restro Staff to 
    increase damage done another 8%. 
    Edited by Amdar_Godkiller on July 28, 2016 10:41AM
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quelhallow wrote: »
    Cauterize is probably the worst thing you can slot on any class in the game. Don't do it!

false
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So screw it idc about the passives i want to do a DK healing orc! I know ill never min/max with him or do any real end game like VICP. But I am hopping to find a decent set up to do most pve group content. I was thinking trinimac set using ward ally and ignas sheild to proc maybe with willpower and bogdons for extra aoe heals. Any ideas or input to make the build better? also wonder about CP where should i put these to max my sheilds/heals? thanks for any help!!

Before getting into the details, you should know that racial selection does not mean you cannot do endgame content. The difference between optimal and sufficient is a fairly large discrepancy. All veteran dungeons and veteran trials can be completed with characters that do not cater to racial min/maxing. However, being competitive and going for leaderboard spots is what will demand such optimization.

I've been playing a DK healer (not racially min/maxed) since early access. DK healers are in the best position they've ever been in right now. When Shadows of the Hist goes live, there is a different setup I believe will be better than this, but for the current content:

5 SPC
    3 Willpower
    1 Kena
    2 Torugs (1 armor, 1 weapon)
    1 Master's Resto

It is very likely that many will suggest Worm Cult + SPC. It is my firm belief (and with good reason, and not just my singular opinion) that Worm Cult is simply an average set. That decreased magicka cost can prove to be very useful for your magicka dps, particularly sorcs, but it's not nearly as important as Ele Drain and Siphon.

Bar 1: Combat Prayer, Igneous Shield, Healing Springs, Healing Ward (flex), Inner Light, Shooting Star
    Bar 2: Mutagen, Siphon Spirit, Healing Springs, Cauterize, Inner Light (flex), Aggressive Horn

You'll want your Inner Light and Shooting star to be on your primary bar for the extra magicka (and thus healing effectiveness). Your back bar is more of a buff bar, but you can set it up to be equally effective on both if you choose. For dungeons I will swap some of my back-bar resto abilities (mutagen, springs, siphon) for dps moves or chains. I like to accelerate dungeon fights by using Engulfing Flames, Burning Embers, and Molten Whip. I'd keep Cauterize on your damage bar, even if you change everything else out for chains and dps, because you have a burst heal available to you then without swapping bars.

Since you're going to heal as an Orc, I recommend using the Mage mundus for increased magicka. Try to get Arcane jewelry for extra magicka. You're aiming to get to that 40k+ max magicka milestone with ~2k SD unbuffed. Also, in lieu of SPC (if you don't have it yet), take Julianos or Kagrenac.

This recommendation is very close to what I would suggest for CP:

The main things I would change here are the Warrior (red) points (too many into Bastion imho). I would do something like 70 Hardy, 30 Bastion, 34 Thick Skinned and 33 Elemental Defender. Don't get me wrong; there's a good reason for Bastion. I've just found in my testing and experience that a lower weighting is sufficient.

The key to Bastion is that it buffs both your Igneous Shield and Healing Ward, but the damage shield components aren't super important, since most raid mechanics wipe those damage shields (and then some) away in one fell swoop. Healing Ward, however, will be substantially more potent if the shield is stronger, and the lower the health, the stronger it gets. The trick is finding a good balance here, because Hardy, Thick Skinned, and Elemental Defender will provide a constant benefit for you, whereas Bastion is highly situational.

Think of Cauterize as a HoT. There are situations in which Cauterize can prove to be an extremely effective burst heal, but of all class burst heals in ESO, it is by far the most restricted and least potent. It has a shorter range, a smaller burst, and cannot target the caster, unlike Funnel Health, BoL, and Matriarch. Treat it like a HoT as you're learning, and you will eventually become more comfortable with how it fits in with everything else.
    Edited by Autolycus on July 28, 2016 9:23PM
    Options
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    if u want endgame best in slot optimal setup u go with 5 SPC + 5 Infallible Aether + 1 Kena Helm.
    thing is all these sets are dropped.... good luck getting the perfect traits you need and even better luck on getting Aether weapons :D

thats why for some1 who doesnt have access to these setups and wants to go with crafted: 5 Julianos/Magnus/Seducer/Mara (magnus is my personal favorite) willpower jewelry (healthy also works if you short on money) and torug's 2/3 pieces depending if u have a kena piece.
    as for the skills i think the only helpful DK skill for healing others is igneous shield which functions like purifying ritual since it gives major mending. other than that go with resto staff, healing ward in the place of breath of life, keep up rapid regen and combat prayer ( its a good heal but treat it as a buff, 100% uptime the dream :D ).
    other than that magicka orbs, elem drain, siphon spirit will help. sadly only templars have stamina restoring skills ( master resto staff is too weak to count ) so a healing DK would be better with 2 magicka DDs in the group.
    u are an orc but race really wont matter unless you are aiming for the top. however DK is by far the worst healing class, well its best DD and tank so you cant have everything i guess :)
    Options
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trinimac's Valor is also unfortunately a pain to grind for. It's a fun set, and I use it on my DK healer, but if you have a stamina dps I recommend using them to grind for Trinimac's Valor. (My healer gets mostly Pariah pieces).

Dragonknights are rather durable, which is a definite plus for a healer. Mine can heal and contribute DPS, right on the front lines, which makes her popular with tanks because they don't have to watch her to drag mobs away. I let them know if there is a problem, and they do their thing otherwise.

While Orc is a unique racial choice for a healer, it's absolutely doable, and you will be a little more durable as a result. If you run into magicka issues with sustain, look at Orzorga's food from Wrothgar. The first recipe you get from her questline boosts max health plus magicka regeneration. Between that and the two regeneration bonuses of Trinimac's Valor, you should be in perfect shape.

I don't really like Bogdan as a set. Each tic of a heal over time does have a chance to proc it, so it procs more than the low percentage would have you believe, but it's only really useful for one person when it procs, and only if they are stationary. They also need to be familiar enough with the look of the totem, as people unfamiliar tend to dodge roll out of it.
    It procs halfway through this clip, so you can see what it looks like. The Golden glow, obviously, is its range:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SolarCat02/video/20019437

I prefer one piece of Molag Kena, and then two five pieces (with Trinimac jewelry). Currently wearing Julianos as the second set, although if I ever get Spell Power Cure I will revisit my sets.

Healing Ward is much better than Ward Ally, in my opinion. It's like a Breath of Life heal for Dragonknights, except it only casts on one player. I have saved the group from a near wipe by spamming it, although obviously you get more impact from the spell cost if you let it expire naturally versus recasting.

Not really a fan of Cauterize for my playstyle, but I can see why others like it. I really wanted to like this morph, but I prefer the damage version personally. If you use Cauterize, just be aware that it will never work as a self heal.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
    Options