Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Day one in the game

Meija
Meija
Im new to this game and new means I have no idea what im doing at the moment so this question might be very stupid but ...

Im a highelf...can I join ebonheart pact in any kind of way ?

Meija
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the game ! Yes , you can select Ebon on character creation . Hope you have fun .
  • Meija
    Meija
    Thank you ..I guess just create a new char and do it right from the start :)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes creating new character will give option at start :)
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can make a High Elf in the Ebonheart Pact during character creation as long as you have the "Explorer's Pack", which unlocks the "any race, any alliance" feature. My main character is a High Elf in the Pact :).
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Meija
    Meija
    Killed a chicken my mistake ..no gold the guards didnt liked me ..We are friends again ..Interested start :)
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Starting small with a chicken, in time you'll be fighting molag bal :smiley:
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. You've earned the title of Chicken Kicker. Wait, wrong franchise. xD
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You show that chicken who's boss ! lol
  • Meija
    Meija
    I hope day 2 in the game goes better:)
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    on which server and platform are you playing Meija?
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Meija
    Meija
    Megaserver ( i guess ) and on pc:)
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meija wrote: »
    Megaserver ( i guess ) and on pc:)

North American or European? I think that's what Nidro is asking.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Meija
    Meija
    Eu:)
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killed a chicken my mistake ..no gold the guards didnt liked me ..We are friends again ..Interested start :)

There are actually achievements for killing farm animals.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • happymaarit
    happymaarit
    ✭✭✭
    I feel really bad killing cute animals just to get bait for fishing :blush:
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to be accidentally killing "nice" things and getting unwanted attention from the guards, you can turn off "killing innocents" in the options (under "gameplay", I think).
  • Meija
    Meija
    smacx250 wrote: »
    If you don't want to be accidentally killing "nice" things and getting unwanted attention from the guards, you can turn off "killing innocents" in the options (under "gameplay", I think).

Thank god for that information..I killed a innocent poor soul today..I became a murderer!! All my earned gold ( not all but..) went to pay that off. :)
  • Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm too bad u are on PC, i play on PS4, could have helped you out some.

But PC and PS4 cant play together :/

Well if u got questions, just ask them here.
    Community is always willing to help !

I also check forums a few times each day while at work xD

I try to Keep track of you Posts ;-)
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    smacx250 wrote: »

Thank god for that information..I killed a innocent poor soul today..I became a murderer!! All my earned gold ( not all but..) went to pay that off. :)

That reminds me of the time when the justice system was implemented. Some players noticed the mass murderer achievement and went for it. Not long later they were complaining they needed gold for their extremely high bounties.

If you join the Dark Brotherhood, you will have to get over that sentiment of poor souls, because you encounter quite some poor innocent souls that you have to kill for coin. But you have plenty of time to think about joining them or not ;)

That's the nice thing of this game. Choose the life you want to live. And with 8 characters slots you can make 8 lives.

Edited by Carraig on September 2, 2016 12:11PM
    Knight-Captain of the Tamriel's Elite Sentinels ( EU server-PC)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
  • Meija
    Meija
    I think I pass...I haven't got over the dead chicken:)
  • Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    Then let me make you feel a bit better: that chicken has probably been resurrected already so someone else can kill it again ;)
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
  • Meija
    Meija
    Not by me!!:)
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carraig wrote: »
    If you join the Dark Brotherhood, you will have to get over that sentiment of poor souls, because you encounter quite some poor innocent souls that you have to kill for coin.
    I hit the DLC for about 10 minutes to see what it was about, and discovered the game won't let you kill unless you disable the toggle.

Had I known this was going to be a requirement, I wouldn't have purchased the DLC. Killing targets ala Oblivion and Skyrim are okay, but accidentally forgetting to toggle the switch back off after a murder while dislodging a lightning attack because of an accidental button press isn't the game I want to play.

Perhaps ZoS will fix this with a patch, but until then... no DB for me. It's currently disabled in my current game.

• scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you don't kill a monkey. You will get "white meat" that will go in the same pile as other white meat. then when you cook it you never know what you are eating.

Also sometimes the venison looks kinda questionable when it's hanging in a Troll camp. But hey, if you're hungry ...
  • Nervani
    Nervani
    ✭✭✭
    Feel free to add me ingame if you want help with anything :)@MaryHex
    PC-EU/NA @Nervani (+17 other accounts)XB1-EU @Nervani4710instagram.com/nervanihq[The Lollipop Gang] - (PC-EU) Founder/Guildmaster[Crazy Elves] - (PC-EU) Founder[Casual Rascals] - (PC-EU, PC-NA, XBOX1-EU) Founder
  • Carraig
    Carraig
    ✭✭✭
    scorpiodog wrote: »
    Make sure you don't kill a monkey. You will get "white meat" that will go in the same pile as other white meat. then when you cook it you never know what you are eating.

Also sometimes the venison looks kinda questionable when it's hanging in a Troll camp. But hey, if you're hungry ...

Was it in Morrowind, where you could get Mort Flesh from certain NPC's? That could make some wicked food here, I guess :p
  • Meija
    Meija
    I found some white meat in my bag yesterday...
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    I have some questionable meat I got on a quest I could give you...
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • Meija
    Meija
    Hm..found this and realize I started to play but stopped way to early...today I give the game try number two:)