Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why do Keep-Walls lose HP randomly?

Lieblingsjunge
Lieblingsjunge
✭✭✭✭✭
Heyo!
So, I've been caring about the non-vet campaign a tiny bit recently. And that includes scouting keeps! But sometimes, I can get to an AD home-keep and the walls are 69%. I mean, all the walls. Not just one.

Here's the theories I've heard/picked up/read so far:
1) Mine affects walls. Mine has been ours for as long as Alessia was ours. So I can't see that being the main reason. Same goes for all other resources.
2) Corner-walls are low HP > it affects all other walls. This might be true but does it aswell affect inner then?
3) Postern walls affect the keep wall's strength.

Anyone ever understood this mechanic properly? I want to know :__:
@ZOS_BrianWheeler, you know something about this :<? None of the people I talk to seem to know.
Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
PC - EU.
Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stock up on stones and make some easy AP.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    Stock up on stones and make some easy AP.

I use my AP for Morag Tong-gambling :(
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |

My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So scrubs like me can get emperor.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Serious answer though is when a keep is captured it'll be level 1, after you capture the mine I think it upgrades in 20 min intervals or something? Each time it upgrades the maximum HP increases but the current HP of all the walls stay the same, this keeps happening until the keep has reached level 5, same goes for the doors and lumbermill.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The longer you hold the mine the more the max health of the walls increases. The actual health of the wall slowly increases too unless a friendly player comes by to repair. So when you capture a keep the walls have 200k health, but as you hold the mine longer and it reaches level 5, the walls max health can go as high as 300k. But the walls self-repair (when you see scaffolding) is so slow, that by the time the max health reaches 300k the wall health may have only increased to 210k. So it actually has more health but it only represents 69% or whatever of it's potential.

Similarly if you take the mine at an opposing keep then the max health of the walls will degrade over time even though it stays at 100% health the max health will be less. The same is also true of mills and keep doors and farms and guard health. Click on a resource sometime when you're in your map to see what all 5 ranks do for a keep.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keeps have few levels. There is few factors that changing level of the keep. Lv1 keep have base value of walls hp and when keep level goes up max hp of wall also goes up. You can see that keep was leveled up when corners grow up from the ground etc. Keep wals get increased max HP but hp stays unchanged. So for example keep that have 250k/250k have 100% but after keep level up it'll be 250k/300k so percentage hp changing from 100% to 83% but real hp number stays unchanged.
    Edited by juhasman on August 28, 2016 2:46PM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    The longer you hold the mine the more the max health of the walls increases. The actual health of the wall slowly increases too unless a friendly player comes by to repair. So when you capture a keep the walls have 200k health, but as you hold the mine longer and it reaches level 5, the walls max health can go as high as 300k. But the walls self-repair (when you see scaffolding) is so slow, that by the time the max health reaches 300k the wall health may have only increased to 210k. So it actually has more health but it only represents 69% or whatever of it's potential.

Similarly if you take the mine at an opposing keep then the max health of the walls will degrade over time even though it stays at 100% health the max health will be less. The same is also true of mills and keep doors and farms and guard health. Click on a resource sometime when you're in your map to see what all 5 ranks do for a keep.

Thank you! So that's why the walls die quicker sometimes.
    PC - EU.

• ItsMeToo
    ItsMeToo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Free Masons were on strike.
    FYI - There is no such thing as 'night capping' in a world wide MMO.
    FYI - There was no paid Beta. When they launched the game the Beta was over, even if you don't think it was.
    FYI - It's B2P not F2P. There is a difference.
    FYI - It doesn't take any player skill to mash keys or buttons in this game. The ones that stay alive longer have the better internet connection and speed.
    FYI - The game is not broken, it still works. It just has 'bugs' that need to be fixed.
    Balance is a "Bad" thing.

Example: There were hundreds of Jedi and only two Sith in Star Wars. The Jedi wanted, "Balance in the Force" and they got it. Now there are only two Jedi and two Sith.

Balance is a "Bad" thing.
    Is the glass half full or half empty?
    I say, "Get a smaller glass."