Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cant interrupt with xbox controller

Alphoter5
Alphoter5
I came back to ESO after more than a year and im really enjoying the game playing with my xbox one gamepad.
Only problem is i cant seem find the key to interrupt. I read its LT+RT but it doesnt work. I press the at the same time, or keep LT press and then press RT, but nothing.
Could anyone help me?
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What your describing is the melee bash, it works as an interupt, but you need to be up close & personal with whatever you are bashing/interupting

It doesn't matter what weapon you have equipped it is your actual proximity to the enemy that matters

if you are looking for a range interupt, you will need to use a slotted skill
  • Alphoter5
    Alphoter5
    im close to my enemy and press lt+rt but still i doesnt hit him with my shield. I dont understand
    Edited by Alphoter5 on August 27, 2016 6:26PM
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im going to try & explain this in written form (which is not easy 4 me im a talker not a typer, lol)
    I apologise if it comes across patronising but, well see above sentance.

so when you hold LT down, gold summond shield should appear infront of you
    when that is up doing a light attack or pressing RT quickly, not holding it, will do the bash animation

alterativley doing LT & RT light attacks at the same time should do the bash animation .the timing can be glitchy if you are experincing lag, which is why many people prefer the 1st way

you need to be right up in the face of the player/boss/npc that you are trying to interupt.
    you need to be 'locked on' to them (they are glowing red)
    you can bash at any time & deal some damage, but you can only interupt them when they are casting a skill

please note some boss monsters CAN NOT be interupted, that is intended dynamic of that dungeon/event,
    and some players in PvP run immovable pots, or the HA skill which grants them imunity to snaring effects which includes interupt

Now i dont know the in's & outs of this next part,
    i had a tank, but i never played the interupt build, i played the stand there & take a beating/keep everything taunted build, so i didnt pay as much attention to interupt/immunity mechanics as i really should of
    but i believe there is a cool down on how often you can interupt, the boss/npc/player will get a white swirl around them when they are imune (whether from immovable or from the cool down)
    when this is up attempting to interupt would be a waste of resources.

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Puffy nailed it. I use xbox controller and bash does work, but takes some practice.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Alphoter5
    Alphoter5
    Just wont work for me... no matter what i try. So weird
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alphoter5 wrote: »

:(
  • StezySteve
    Alphoter5 wrote: »

Are you hitting RB and LB?
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then run crushing shock (mag build) or venom arrow (stam build).
  • Alphoter5
    Alphoter5
    im pressing the right buttons haha..
    So weird, when i do it with my mouse + keyboard it works