Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

G2A Legit

harper691
harper691
So i was going to buy a pack of 3k crowns from G2A. But on the page of the product it says "This product is not compatible with ESO activated on steam or XboX. I dont know if this really means that because i purchased the game on steam i really cant register crowns from them. In which i find completely ridiculous. So im just wondering. Have any of you guys with a steam registered game purchased ESO related items from G2A and they work, and are they safe??
Thank You
  • Kemono
    Kemono
    ✭✭✭
    harper691 wrote: »
    So i was going to buy a pack of 3k crowns from G2A. But on the page of the product it says "This product is not compatible with ESO activated on steam or XboX. I dont know if this really means that because i purchased the game on steam i really cant register crowns from them. In which i find completely ridiculous. So im just wondering. Have any of you guys with a steam registered game purchased ESO related items from G2A and they work, and are they safe??
    Thank You

let me tell you something

a) TESO on Steam
    Last raport from game developers mention that there is about 7M boxes sold of TESO. Even when it in reality means that number of active players is something like 2M, maybe even 3M in "peak days" - thats counting all platforms (Xbox, PS4, PC)

YET
    if you go to Steam discusion page of TESO you can see how many players are loged in this momment.
    Right now its: 2665 in game
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/306130

Why so small number?
    Cos NO ONE sane is using steam version. (worst offender is downloading whole 40GB+ client at each patch)

b)g2a is not really selling 3.000 cards. they selling 2 month sub cards -thats also give you 3000k crown as sub reward (2x1500 crowns)
    And yes -this cards DONT WORK with Steam version of TESO, only with "stand-alone//base" client
    thats why they put a warning on purchase page

c)"are they safe"
    G2A is grey market onine store - NOTHING is safe in there, you know that they offering scam protecion (G2A shield) for a reason, right?
    prices are much lower then oficial stores just cos there is big risk calculated in them
    Edited by Kemono on August 27, 2016 1:18PM
  • harper691
    harper691
    Kemono wrote: »
    harper691 wrote: »
    Thank You

let me tell you something

a) TESO on Steam
    Last raport from game developers mention that there is about 7M boxes sold of TESO. Even when it in reality means that number of active players is something like 2M, maybe even 3M in "peak days" - thats counting all platforms (Xbox, PS4, PC)

YET
    if you go to Steam discusion page of TESO you can see how many players are loged in this momment.
    Right now its: 2665 in game
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/306130

Why so small number?
    Cos NO ONE sane is using steam version. (worst offender is downloading whole 40GB+ client at each patch)

b)g2a is not really selling 3.000 cards. they selling 2 month sub cards -thats also give you 3000k crown as sub reward (2x1500 crowns)
    And yes -this cards DONT WORK with Steam version of TESO, only with "stand-alone//base" client
    thats why they put a warning on purchase page

c)"are they safe"
    G2A is grey market onine store - NOTHING is safe in there, you know that they offering scam protecion (G2A shield) for a reason, right?
    prices are much lower then oficial stores just cos there is big risk calculated in them

Ok thank you very much. You answered my question Very well. So is there possible a way that you could un register or remove your games affiliations with steam?? Because i cant even buy crowns period. I had another post about that.
  • harper691
    harper691
    Acutally i just found a way that you can. You go to support and then perma remove the game from my steam account. Im just worried that this will screw up my login or something. But i still have my CD key i got from steam. Do you think its a good idea?
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kemono wrote: »

Umm I have a steam version but I installed it normally and it updates through that laucher just fine.
    And this way it doesnt even show up in my steam statistics.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on August 27, 2016 10:52PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Chew_Magna
    Chew_Magna
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with G2A. It's kinda like an Amazon/EBay site where they have their own stock of product, but individuals can sell their games too (the reason they're so cheap is basic marketing, they buy keys wholesale, this is how all retailers get their product) . There's a guarantee you can buy for something like $1, if something is wrong with what you bought they'll fix it. I got my copy of ESO there (non Steam), bought one for a friend too. I have other friends who have purchased dozens of games there. None have ever had an issue.
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chew_Magna wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with G2A. It's kinda like an Amazon/EBay site where they have their own stock of product, but individuals can sell their games too (the reason they're so cheap is basic marketing, they buy keys wholesale, this is how all retailers get their product) . There's a guarantee you can buy for something like $1, if something is wrong with what you bought they'll fix it. I got my copy of ESO there (non Steam), bought one for a friend too. I have other friends who have purchased dozens of games there. None have ever had an issue.

Not entirely true about the wholesale buying of keys as a number of keys sold were bought using stolen credit card information. They also have listed keys from indie developers that were otherwise free and sold them for a profit. Ideally, stay well clear of G2A as they aren't exactly on the up-and-up.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50