The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What is this Cosmetic Pack: Hair Styles?

cyberjanet
cyberjanet
✭✭✭✭✭
As my sorceror has a long hair style that sticks up at right angles from her neck when she runs or rides (really, what terrible animation) I decided to get an appearance change token to give her a short style that won't have that problem. After buy it, I saw a Cosmetic Pack: Hair Styles, which has this description "This bundle enables access to all the standard player character hair styles."

I had no idea what that meant, so I wrote to support. Apparently they don't know either. They escalated the question, and after I sent a reminder a week later, I got this response:

"Crown Store Hairstyles allow you to access different hairstyles for your character through the collections menu.

Crown Store Hair Styles retain your character’s base hair color when applied. While your character’s hair style itself will change, the color will not. You can always preview how the style will look on your character before purchasing it.

If you wish to change your character’s hair color, you can purchase an Appearance Change Token from the Upgrades category in the Crown Store."

This makes no sense. I can preview the style with my appearance change token. Why do I need a separate hairstyles pack to preview it. Even when creating a new character, I can preview the styles.

As I need the appearance change token to change the hair color, what do I need to in order to purchase the hairstyle previewed from the collections menu?

Are there any players who can explain what this pack is and why one should buy it and how it actually works? Perhaps you were feeling flush and spent the crowns just to find out.
Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.

Best Answers

• Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pack is like a bunch of costume hairs that you can put over the one you choose in the character creation menu. You can click on the different styles and it'll change on your character anywhere you are in the game. Want your original hair back, you can just unclick the costume one and it will return back to normal.
    Answer ✓
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very nifty bundle. You can access hairstyles that are not available for your race as well. If you wanted to, in game, you could change your hairstyle every 5 minutes. Only thing that won't change is the hair color. Appearance tokens are needed for that.

Another reason it was worth buying: it unlocks the hair 'costumes' on all your characters, not just the one you buy it with. Appearance tokens can only be used once.
    Edited by Pandorii on August 27, 2016 8:21AM
    Answer ✓
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah thanks very much, that's crystal clear! Can I recommend you for a job in support?
    Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
    Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    Ah thanks very much, that's crystal clear! Can I recommend you for a job in support?

There is no support department in ZOS.