Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wrothgar for new players

Suter1972
Suter1972
✭✭✭✭
Is wrothgar ok for new players? Do the mobs scale to your level?
Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

xbox suter1972 - Character name - Hota Woskeef

Xbox EU ESO+ Mature (40+) UK casual gamer
  • mad0ni0n
    mad0ni0n
    ✭✭✭
    Suter1972 wrote: »
    Is wrothgar ok for new players? Do the mobs scale to your level?

Yes, you scale to the mobs.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the Mobs scale to your level, you won't have the skills or passives to really be able to handle much combat up there if your a low level character. Most leveling characters I see up there are around L35 or better.

However, Wrothgar would be waste of Experience if you completed the content as a leveling character. Back when we had Vet Ranks, I could gain 3/4 Vet Ranks doing the content in that zone (quests etc). That equated to about 2.5 to 4 Million Exp Points depending on how many WB and Delve Dailies done. If you do the same thing as a leveling character, your going to gain points scaled to your level, or a fraction of what you can get at a higher level. The only thing you can really repeat quest wise are the WB and Delve Dailies.

So, go visit Wrothgar, maybe do some of the Dailies with the World Bosses or Delve Dailies if you can handle it, or perhaps grind the two Public Dungeons, again if you can handle it. But, do try to avoid the questing and such until you are champ rank and those exp points do you the most good.
    Edited by Nestor on August 26, 2016 3:25PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a peek at Wrothgar with one of my new(ish) level 8 characters because, from a RP perspective, I had hoped to start him off in the area. Ran into some of the local wildlife and got well and truly battered. That will teach me for, a) being impatient, and b) not bothering to fully get to grips with level scaling!

I'm itching to go back and explore, but it probably won't be for ages yet.
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As you get scaled it's level, your gear has to be as close to your level as possible to make it as easy as possible.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a brand new character to try out DLC while I temporarily have a sub and I found it extremely difficult to survive a fight against even 1 regular enemy at first.

It got a bit better once I had a full set of armour and some more skills but even then it was a struggle. I'd definitely wait until at least about level 20 before attempting it.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just hit level 30 so I may have a peak now
    Was - Breton DC ( GIRL - Guy In Real Life toon) Magika Templar Healer/ 5-8 trait Crafter - currently CP290 and learning now starting again on xbox…...

• Nidro
    Nidro
    ✭✭✭
    Well mate, in my opinion you should NOT go there yet.

There is ONE big Problem. When you take your Levels there and gian too much Levels you will NOT get any exp from your main Story area Monsters anymre when u are 6 lvls or higher above their Level.

As a Newcomer i recommend not to go wrothergar until you reach Level 50!

u can go there and survive relatively easy usually but as i said before you will kinda destroy your quest lines in the Daggerfall Covenant quest areas.

Yours Nidro~~
    - Champion Rank 1080 -

Argonian Warden Tank - Never-Fights-Alone
    Highelf Sorcereress - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Highelf Templar - Magicka DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Imperial Dragonknight - Tank - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Khajiit Nightblade - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Redguard Templar - Stamina DD - Dro m'Athra Destroyer
    Darkelf Nightblade - Magicka DD - Voice of Reason
    Imperial Sorcerer - Stamina DD - The Flawless Conquerer
    Redguard Dragonknight - Stamina DD
    Argonian Templar - Healer - Heals-all-Allies -
  • Suter1972
    Suter1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok will follow the advice given. Having fun just running around collecting crap following the storyline and sides.