The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Purple gang NA Haderus

crowfl56
crowfl56
✭✭✭✭✭
Once again the purple's take over Haderus NA PC.

AD did crown an Emp yesterday (thnx to Dig), but you could tell by 10 pm est, that the purple's were pissed.

The constant hate whisper's from them and I mean constant were almost to funny, even having them log on an AD to just yell in zone and insult, was totally childish.

Cross faction playing and ap farming by the purple's is beyond funny.

Controlling the outcome of each 7 day total is an exploit used by the purple's is simply amazing.

ZOS should take a serious look at the guild or guild's exploiting Haderus soon if possible.

I would like to compliment the DC and EP players that are playing it straight up, most fights yesterday were awesome, but something really needs to be done on Haderus.

This isn't a rage post either its just trying to bring to light some truly abuse of a server.

Thank you :)
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It disturbs me how many people do the cross factioning. All 9 of my maxed characters are EP. I'd never stray to the dirty yellow or filthy blue. Forever Pact!
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • 85flyingbrick_ESO
    85flyingbrick_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that this is too rampant. And it happens on all sides. What I've seen that's incredibly childish is low level alts purposely uncovering stealth groups and calling them out using shards or other means like riding their mount over the group repeatedly until they can be attacked. I'd love to see us locked into our faction for a campaign. It would clean up things considerably.
    Edited by 85flyingbrick_ESO on August 26, 2016 2:11PM
    PC/NA

• Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sirrmattus wrote: »
    It disturbs me how many people do the cross factioning. All 9 of my maxed characters are EP. I'd never stray to the dirty yellow or filthy blue. Forever Pact!

How do you expect to duel the trashtalking EP?
    Edited by Burning_Talons on August 26, 2016 2:11PM
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why dont u go and play on a map dominated by ur faction then?
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a DC player who frequents Haderus and Trueflame on NA, I can tell you that AD and EP often like to team up too. It's nothing new and you will see it even more after One Tamriel, when people make friends outside of their faction. Personally I don't think it's a bad thing, since it's a mechanic intended by the developers to overcome balance issues (i.e. overthrow the big tyrranious ruling faction through cross faction cooperation). Unfortunately there are times when two big groups team up against a small group, which I guess is what you experienced, but it's not abuse.
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I give you props for staying EP.

RESPECT!
    NA/PC
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »

I give you props for staying EP.

RESPECT!

Yeah well the map i pvp in BWB NA PC, team purple is getting their butt kicked by AD. So yeah, win one campaign but loose in another.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, same here.

The green faction in Haderus (PS4 NA) is awful.

I really enjoy fighting both alliances in a laggy green zerg.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When team purple attacks, team green will try and hold while team orange sneaks up to grab our scrolls.

Wait...
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't AD just crown?

The other two factions ALWAYS team up to dethrone the faction with emperor. That's why the three way war thing works.
  • Lucius_Aelius
    Lucius_Aelius
    ✭✭✭✭

This gets an agree just for loyalty, I'm a DC man myself but the same goes for me, it's not in me to play both sides of a fight. The only proper way to do it in my opinion is pick a side and stick with it, win or lose.

Obviously some people have friends on both sides though, which complicates things, as few things in life are black and white. And while of course I don't have an issue with friends wanting to play together in principle, I have an issue with it when the result is people playing both sides of the same fight, but there really isn't a good fix for it. It's about the lesser of two evils, either you play both sides of a fight (which isn't right) or you are blocked from playing with friends (also not right), and which evil is the lesser is beyond me.

Ideally I'd like faction changes added and have all groups of friends just vote on an alliance and stick with it, but realistically that would never work because there would always be someone that won't be happy on any other alliance and wouldn't be interesting in switching regardless of the vote. People not having characters on opposing factions of the same campaign would help a lot to solve that problem, but in my opinion you're still being disloyal even if you're fighting on opposing sides in different campaigns.

Not everyone feels the same about their teams in a video game though, as can be understood easily enough, but I can't imagine playing this myself without picking a team and sticking with it, that's just what you do when you play a game. Playing both sides defeats the purpose of playing at all for me, you don't actually win anything if all you did is play on the side you knew had the advantage already, and even if the cost is losing sometimes it's still better to have a team you care about and fight for no matter what.
    Daggerfall Covenant - Scourge (Xbox NA) - GT: Lucius Aelius - Lord - 648CP
    Lucius Aelius Aurelius - 50 Imperial Dragonknight - Centurion - Stam Tank
    Lucius Aelius Valerius - 50 Imperial Templar - Lieutenant - Mag Heal/DPS
    Lucius Aelius Regulus - 50 Imperial Nightblade - First Sergeant - Stam DPS
    Lucius Aelius Augustus - 50 Imperial Sorcerer - Corporal - Mag DPS
    Wags-His-Tail - 20 Argonian Sorcerer - Recruit - TBD
    Holds-The-Line - 40 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Carries-Extra-Gear - 4 Argonian Dragonknight - Recruit - TBD
    Guildmaster - Wardens of the Covenant
    Group Leader - xpThe Guildxp
    Trader - Secret Sauce
    Trader - Elite Dungeoneers
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I looked late last night the map was pretty much red (not purple). DC had no scrolls either.

However, the issue is that AD has had no presence in Had for quite a while.

If I was AD it would be a great AP opportunity in terms of fights and re-take of keeps.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Likewise, I don't really understand it either. 12/12 EP. For the Pact!
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    When team purple attacks, team green will try and hold while team orange sneaks up to grab our scrolls.

Wait...

Exactly!

It's kind of funny because when I'm PvPing (I only PvP as EP) people often talk about Team Green.

It's all a matter of picking your battles and if one faction is keeping you busy don't go and poke the other one unless they attack you first (which they would do if they are smart because taking back keeps while your enemy is busy is good strategy).

The Moot Councillor
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see us locked into our faction for a campaign. It would clean up things considerably.

Yeah why did they get rid of that?
  • DarkMatter909
    DarkMatter909
    ✭✭✭

I'm in AD and totally agree with you. I just could never see switching sides or playing pvp that way.
    One time specifically I remember being out numbered 2 to 1 outside a keep fighting blue and was holding my own but could tell eventually I would go down. I saw Red start attacking the keep near me so I pulled the attackers over to them hoping for a 3 way fight to take some pressure of me. But of course when the reds spot the fight both the reds and blues all start attcking me and I die. I swear they skipped off together holding hands.

There are other worlds than these.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avenias wrote: »
    Why dont u go and play on a map dominated by ur faction then?

Pretty sure this person doesn't pvp. Plus if u do control a server then pretty soon you will be the only 1 on.

I also can see were at times it will look like EP and AD are fighting together, or AD and DC and so on, but

I far as AD teaming up with a cross faction I can only say that my guild doesn't allow it, and won't stand for it.

I know for a fact it is an issue on Haderus NA PC.

So having said that then a possible fix, and I have seen this mentioned, to have an account cool down, say 24 hrs before you

can log a different faction into the same server.

That I think would help with at least slowing any say one very large pvp guild controlling any 1 server :)
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    Didn't AD just crown?

The other two factions ALWAYS team up to dethrone the faction with emperor. That's why the three way war thing works.

Fighting is one thing, mass relogging into AD just to fill AD players quota and spamming hate threads against Gankimus is another. There is a line for everything.
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been saying this for long time, ZOS said they changed so you could house your characters of different factions in the same campaign so you could play with your friends, worst idea ever, I play with my friends everyday we are all in the same faction, if we wanted to fight each other we would use the guest campaign.

I think this creates a more toxic environment, helps cause the population imbalances, no faction pride why bother just switch the faction of the month, no overall campaign pride, this also helps contribute to the purple faction the green faction what ever color combination you can come up with, collusion is huge because of this, there is nothing good I can come up with, it is unhealthy and kills the spirit of three faction warfare.

I play AD only no characters in any other faction, I watch the map a lot, from my perception, I see EP and DC always pushing AD, we are almost always fighting a two front war, even when we are not winning the campaign or have emp. I have ran into some coordinated attacks where EP would attack then DC would attack and not fighting each other, looking at @names I can see some of the DC are known EP players I see a lot, I am sure they are in team speak al together. I play mostly on TF/NA PC. I am sure there are times when it is AD and DC or AD EP or EP and DC, just depends on the time of day and whos on.

I think it should have always been one faction one campaign, not this bowl of poop we have now. But in the end it is what it is and when a better game comes along it makes it that much easier to leave this one, and move on.

Edited by kevlarto_ESO on August 29, 2016 12:44PM
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've played DC since launch, never even set foot in Cyrodiil on a banana or strawberry. I don't feel like raising a new toon for the sole purpose of fighting for another alliance, and now that dueling is confirmed I likely never will.

Team orange is laughable; of course there will be times red and yellow work together to attack us. I've rarely ever seen a time when they do, and then don't immediately turn around and slaughter each other.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you really think the other two alliance are ganging up on your side, go roll a toon for the other alliance. You will find that EVERYONE cries about how the other alliance are ganging up on the third.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta love it when AD cries Team Purple or DC cry Team Orange when EP cries Team Green all the time. Cross-faction alliances are just concoctions of the losing faction.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • ProbablePaul
    ProbablePaul
    ✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I've played DC since launch, never even set foot in Cyrodiil on a banana or strawberry. I don't feel like raising a new toon for the sole purpose of fighting for another alliance, and now that dueling is confirmed I likely never will.

Team orange is laughable; of course there will be times red and yellow work together to attack us. I've rarely ever seen a time when they do, and then don't immediately turn around and slaughter each other.

ZOS kinda fudged it by allowing the cross realm logins without a time restriction in between them, and by also making AvA bonuses only apply to Cyrodiil. In DAoC, the game who's PvP that ESO has based PvP after, made it so that even PvE players cared about losing keeps or scrolls because it affected them. But, then they made a PvE only server and all those people left, lol. I wish that ZOS had servers that were only PvE or PvP.
    Bosmer Melee Magicka Nightblade