The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Possible to incorporate world sets as craftable?

djinn1148
djinn1148
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom would there ever be a benefit to allowing us crafters to research an item I found, say... Briar heart chest in divines, and be able to craft it later on? Even if it's just the chest, in divines. This would open up a whole section of crafting for those of us that would like to craft sets that are exceptionally useful, and not be limited to sets from the world crafting locations? At least this would still have us searching for all nine traits on all the sets and in all three weight classes. And maybe make it a static research time, like the mount training, instead of a month per trait. Though understandable for he first nine traits, it would be more like researching the set bonus, and not so much the trait it has. I hope this could be considered, because there is a lot of sets I would love to do this for.
For the love of... Oh forget it. You've already stole it, so let's have fun!

PS4 - 15 / 15 characters
Djinn Z - PVP - Random Nightblade Build
Djinn Vi - PVE - Pet sorc (Summoner)
Dro'Humilem - PVE - Stamblade (Rampage)
Bunni Z - PVE - Stamplar (Jabsmania)
Raistlin Majere - PVE - Sorc DD (Mystic)
Richard Rahl - PVE - Health Tank (Siphoner)
Theophylaktos - PVE - Dragonknight Tank (Catalyst)
Heka the Goddess - PVE - Templar Tank (Paladin)
Jessica Rabbit - PVE - Dragonknight DD (Venom)
Warden Frostangla - PVE - Warden DD (fire and ice)
Carra the Emulsifier - PVE - Templar DD (Beamplar)
He-man - PVP - Stam Warden (Spectre)
Radelia Umexidor - PVP - Bow Gank (Silencium)
Katarina Death Bringer - PVP - Magicka Nightblade (Zerg Bomb)
Mazakeen the Lilim - PVE/PVP - Stam sorc
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think so based on the Tamriel One update.

They will be assigning 3 sets to every region. Since the regions will be scaleable, players will be able to go back to farm higher level gear.
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • djinn1148
    djinn1148
    I don't think so based on the Tamriel One update.

They will be assigning 3 sets to every region. Since the regions will be scaleable, players will be able to go back to farm higher level gear.

But with it being open to all, wouldn't it be a bit pointless to keep three locations for the same crafted set gear? I don't really see a point to having three locations to make ashen grip gear.

PS4 - 15 / 15 characters
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a gear-leveling mechanism.

I'd prefer crafting over grinding... Ex.: It would be great if at the highest crafting levels you could at least destroy a piece of set gear, and then use it to create a new piece of choice from the same set (customized). Maybe even offer to keep the appearance or re-forge with a different motif.

Make crafting worth the point sink it is.
    Edited by QuebraRegra on August 25, 2016 4:54PM
  • djinn1148
    djinn1148

I'd prefer crafting over grinding... Ex.: It would be great if at the highest crafting levels you could at least destroy a piece of set gear, and then use it to create a new piece of choice from the same set (customized). Maybe even offer to keep the appearance or re-forge with a different motif.

Agreed. Similarly, I would be happy to just change the motif style. For example: the Briarheart gear comes in primal style. Not my favorite. I would love to keep running my set, but perhaps in Xivkin, or Glass.

Maybe even a five day research time, and you can make any style it that set for that piece. Say, I find the Briarheart chest in divines, I do a set bonus research, and in five days, I can make the Briarheart chest in any of my already researched traits, but in any style, such as deadric, or pact. @ZOS_GinaBruno thoughts?

PS4 - 15 / 15 characters
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    djinn1148 wrote: »

Agreed. Similarly, I would be happy to just change the motif style. For example: the Briarheart gear comes in primal style. Not my favorite. I would love to keep running my set, but perhaps in Xivkin, or Glass.

Maybe even a five day research time, and you can make any style it that set for that piece. Say, I find the Briarheart chest in divines, I do a set bonus research, and in five days, I can make the Briarheart chest in any of my already researched traits, but in any style, such as deadric, or pact. @ZOS_GinaBruno thoughts?

I hate to say this... but maybe if ZOS sold crown store resources to ease the burden it would take to make these kinds of changes, this might actually happen.

@ZOS_GinaBruno there's money in this for you...