The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is the ## APIVersion: tag strictly an indicator to the game or can it affect actual operation?

SpAEkus
SpAEkus
✭✭✭✭
I use a lot of addons, and some like Master Merchant and HarvestMap can and do at times affect my character login times.

And often as now, it just seems that Character Login times have increased and are not consistent between multiple characters. That makes trying to get 8 Hireling mails 2xday and keep the delivery times synced a royal pain some days.

So I know that the API tag tells the Addon GUI whether the addon is "up to date" but we simply have a switch to "allow outdated" to compensate if it is. Other than the indicator there is no other actual operation issue is there?

The reason I want to know is that we also can't affect in-game operation with addons prior to character login, as far as I understand. That means that the excellent addon CirconiansAddonSelector can't be used prior to that.

In order to remove any addon affecting load times, I have the idea that if I intentionally manually edit all my addons API tag to be out-of-date, I can then use the addon GUI at the Character selection screen to simple turn off all my addons at once by disallowing them.

That would give me a vanilla clean character load and I believe would keep my hireling timers on a much smaller sync so I'm not having to add 5-10 min more every time I log in for them. And save me having to skip a set every few days just to get them all back to the earliest hour I can make myself get up for.

Can anyone tell me whether this option is workable and won't affect any actual operation of my addons once logged in on Character?
Edited by SpAEkus on August 25, 2016 12:33PM
  • Ayantir
    Ayantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    APIVersion is a simple tag which says to the addonmanager if the addon is outdated or not. it's the only difference
    Obsessive Compulsive Elder Scrolls addons Coder
    A Few millions downloads of ESO addons now.
    Master crafter on my main char since release. All tradeskills, recipes \o/, researchs (since long), 35 styles known
    My little french Guild: Cercle de l'Eveil
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank You Very Much that's perfect and I can start using it.