The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

cp 160 mats and light armor gear

ng2084b14_ESO
Why is cp 160 mats so expensive if wanted a gear set to be crafted it takes more than 600 materials and it is 20K gold for 200 materials.

Is just using dropped gear better (sold on guild store)?

Also for light armor magicka build which set is better and is sold on guild store.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is cp 160 mats so expensive if wanted a gear set to be crafted it takes more than 600 materials and it is 20K gold for 200 materials.

Because endgame ...
    shades.gif
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would seem Zos wants to take crafting end game gear more serious or have some value.

Jullianos is a good general crafted set. It really depends on your build and class.

Scathing Mage is good for some builds and TBS is good for some builds for trial groups when you have a good WH rotation.

3 pieces of infalable aether is good for all magika builds as rings or armor.

Everything divines with thief mundus.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ng2084b14_ESO ...good question...crafting a good set of CP160 gear (armor, weapons and glyphs) can run around 200k plus...

You can normally find a complete set (with jewelry) for somewhere around 100k...

in general - for dropped or pvp gear sets that you can fairly easily find in guild stores I would suggest the elegance, desert rose or if you enjoy pvp, vicious death...good luck
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also for light armor magicka build which set is better and is sold on guild store.

If you're low on Gold and you don't care that much about having Legendary Quality gear, then there's not that big of a difference between CP150 and CP160 gear. Only craft CP160 gear when you absolutely know you're going to use that armor for a long time, otherwise you shouldn't waste your Ruby mats. If you have the DLC, go to Hew's Bane and just farm. I've noticed that place is PACKED with crafting materials that you can farm, and since the terrain is so arid it's really easy to spot them even without the keen eye passive.

However on the topic of how expensive it is to buy stacks of the stuff in Guild Traders, yeah that's good ol' Capitalism doing it's job. There's a demand for those materials so the people selling them charge up the bum to make a neat profit. It sucks.

Martial Knowledge is pretty good, and it's been around for so long that you can find pieces of it for cheap, however it'll be a little difficult finding them at CP160. Most of them are between 110 and 140.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • Orlacc
    Orlacc
    ✭✭✭
    Because it takes a looong time to gain the abilities to make endgame gear
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make CP150 Armors, and CP160 Weapons
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • PurifedBladez
    PurifedBladez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should of hit it up before soth
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Julianos set as far as I know is the "Hunding`s range set (best stam dd set) for magicka players
    Options
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just take a day or two and find a circuit to grind one of the DLC's. It takes me about 4 hours to get enough mats for a full set of gear once I get a rhythm down.
    Edited by scorpiodog on August 24, 2016 8:19PM
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You do realize the stat difference between CP150 and CP160 is roughly 115 resistance, right? CP160 is truly not worth it, except for weapons. The ONLY positive to CP160 armor is the gold enchantments are a bit better and it's not always easy to find gold CP150 armor enchants.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would not used dropped gear unless it forms a set suitable for your character. An appropriate 5 pc crafted set with suitable traits and enchantments is best, with suitable 2/3/4 piece sets for the remainder (including jewelry and weapons). The best thing about crafting pieces is you get the traits you want and when you top it off with the right enchantments, normal dropped gear is not really going to come close to it.

As said already, the main benefit in CP160 is the enchantment boosts with CP160 enchants. I have 6 max level characters and only two have all CP160 gold armour. The rest all have purple CP150 armour with CP160 jewelry and weapons and all can hold their own.

There is however a huge benefit in CP160 weapons, as improving them to gold gives an additional 200 weapon damage, so I recommend always using CP160 weapons. CP160 weapons and P150 armour sets should be sufficient while you collect some gold or materials for CP160 armour.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options